Knight Rider Movie by the End of the Year?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightphoenix
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightphoenix » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:09 pm

Yah, I agree, DUKES will probably be another STARSKY and HUTCH flic that will be ok, but not as good as the origanal.

I hope they dont do that to KNIGHT RIDER.

By the way, there is alot of good ideas for a new movie or series here on the Knight rider forum.
All David and Glen have to do is check out this site and get some great ideas.

Maybe even hire some of these people as writers or consultants.

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:13 pm

I have seen some online friends of mine had ideas pulled from fanfiction stuff that they had created for fanfiction based on Smallville and the writers went ahead and used them...they were pretty upset but what could they do...I'm sure the same would happen here if David or Glen came here or looked at peoples Knight Rider related fanfiction

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:24 pm

Well, I think there is a real possibility that if it is made, it will be done so in California once again.

For those not aware, Governor Schwarzenneger has pledged to give financial assistance to any productions made in the area. Its an effort to help rebuild the old Hollywood, where the west coast was filled with studios. In doing so, he hopes to recoup alot of the debt of the state with the revenues created by the film industry.

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:25 pm

If it is made in California, that means Hollywood would promote the heck out of it like crazy, but so far I have only seen articles that have teased us about KR. Now most movies like for instance, Revenge of the Sith, we hear something about it (title, when the soundtrack is recorded or released, and a confirmed release date. But Knight Rider has not done any of those things! Beginning to lose faith in the fact that it will never be released any time soon

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:33 pm

The thing about "Star Wars" is that involves such a huge fanbase (probably a lot bigger than the "Dukes of Hazzard", "Knight Rider" and "Star Trek" combined). For example, there's TONS of "Star Wars" fan films. How many fan films have there been for "Knight Rider" (excluding spoofs)?

Now, look at movies that have been made from TV shows that have recently been made (example, "Starsky and Hutch", "S.W.A.T."). They got the typical "Hollywood" movie treatment, because there wasn't a big fanbase. George Lucas knows that fans are watching his every move, so he figures, "Why not just include them into the loop?"

Though David Hasselhoff and Glen Larson know we're watching them, there's three possible reasons why they are not giving us a full detailed report on the production: 1. They haven't gotten very far on the production. 2. They signed a contract that involved a "no talking" clause. 3. They are holding back in order to keep us in suspense so that we'd be surprised about the end result when it comes out.

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:10 pm

first of all as far as Star Wars there have only been a total of 6 Star Wars movies counting this summer's blockbuster Revenge of the Sith, and second of all Star Trek happens to have quite a fanbase itself. I grew up on the reruns of Star Trek, but saw the Original Star Wars movies myself.

DarkWolf77
Stranger

Post by DarkWolf77 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:34 am

I really doubt anyone will see this but oh well... you guys do know that talking about a knight rider movie might look good when you are typing it up here but the fact is that there is no way if one is made that it will be some really great movie... it will go along the way of starsky and hutch... the brady bunch... And even Charlie's Angels was technicaly a spoof... they are making a Bewitched movie and I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt switch actors playing Daren half way throu the movie just cause it will be expected... anyway that was a bit off subject...I mean if you really think about it... KITT was bad ass... in the 80's... we have now seen the terminator and the matrix and and countless other sci-fi movies that completely blow KITT technology out of the water... The show worked well in the 80's cause it was a new-is idea... but we have passed that sadly and now making a movie based on that will have to rely on the cheese factor of mr Hasselhoff... I mean he was on Baywatch... he isnt going to be taken serious as a Michael Knight character now... if they insist on making the movie a non spoof... it will most likely be set in the future and Hasselhoff will be playing that part of Devon just for crowd pop... and even then its not gonna be some great action block buster everyone seems to think it will be... No one has really heard any news about a Knight Rider movie cause they arent set on making one yet... Honestly and altho I love the series... A movie would be a waste of money and would upset the die hard fans such as all you guys

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:42 pm

I know I'm being goofy here, but I'll say it anyway:
As KITT would say, "I wouldn't touch that line with a 10-ft. driveshaft."
I hope we can see David Hasselhoff in the American spotlight at least sometime this year, but not for getting in trouble......!

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:20 pm

There is a Knight Rider Movie in the works, David and Glen Larson are in preproduction working on scripts as far as I know.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:39 pm

I was referring to the "Knight Rider" movie when I said that quote, not David Hasselhoff's music, so I wanted to clear things up for anyone who thought I was putting down is music; I wasn't!
I happen to be a fan of his music, even if I live in the U.S.

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:47 pm

I would love to hear some of his music....never heard any music by David

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:17 am

I believe one of the main problems they have is finding a studio that will keep the franchise unchanged in the important stuff. We were all shocked by Revolution's request to remove the voice and/or AI from the car, but they had a good point. If KR is about car chases or any similar action, a talking car sounds like '80s cheesy and '80s cheesy doesn't attract people anymore. Personally I see the brilliance of KR in the concept of an AI (and I too would change a few things here and there), but I've been in a few boards only to find out that Knight Rider is not as a beloved show as I thought it was.

The Transformers film will feature 50-foot tall robots in live action (which means lots of budget and animation) and it's coming along nicely. That's because people like huge transforming robots more than talking cars.

My point is that it won't be easy to find a studio to keep the franchise unchanged, so Glen and David must expect to change one or two things in the story (not taking the voice out of KITT of course- that would be no Knight Rider. But you get my point).

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:28 am

knightphoenix wrote:Yah, I agree, DUKES will probably be another STARSKY and HUTCH flic that will be ok, but not as good as the origanal.
Actually, Burt Reynolds told Warner Brothers that he wouldn't sign up for "The Dukes of Hazzard" movie if it was anything of a parody like "Starsky and Hutch" (Burt happens to be a die-hard "Dukes" fan). Warner Brothers listened and have turned it into a serious adaptation of how the Duke boys began, only set in the current day and age. And Burt is in the role of Boss Hogg (though I wish it had been Danny Devito). And knowing David and Glen, they'll probably stick true to what the show was, making it an action-adventure buddy series about a man who doesn't exist and his talking car.

The only complaint I have about the "Dukes" movie is that they have Jessica Simpson in it, which has made me boycott watching the movie right off the bat (I'll wait for it to show up on CBS as a movie of the week, when it doesn't cost money to watch it). I mean, Jessica Simpson? A girl who can't tell weither or not "Chicken of the Sea" is tuna fish or chicken? The girl who screwed up the simple line of "Chou, baby." over 60 times for an MTV Awards show skit she was asked to film? God may have given the girl a voice, but he sure as hell didn't give her enough brains to even remember a single, simple line! They should have gotten Neve Campbell or Natalie Portman to be Daisy Duke.

Of course, that's just my opinion.