movie kitt idea

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightrider2004
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

movie kitt idea

Post by knightrider2004 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:53 pm

what if kitt in the movie were a black 2004 Ford GT? It would look great with a scanner instead of the ford emblem. Plus its a semi futuristic car like the 82 Trans Am was back in the day so it would be perfect.They could also put black outs on the front and back lights. plus just picture the california knight license plate on the back of the car. that sounds great 2 me. Here is a link for pictures.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/medi ... TION_PHOTO
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:26 pm

Sorry to crush your dreams but, ARE YOU CRAZY?! :shock: Kitt in a FORD! Just think about it. The Trans Am was a GM car. And FORD is a rival to GM. Do you know what Ford stands for? Found On Road Dead Also, Fix Or Repair Daily And in backward form: Driver Returns On Foot
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:25 pm

Haha TurbomanKnight...while the Ford does seem to be aerodynamic, it won't do for a KITT reincarnation. It hints of retro styling, specially the rear tail light assemblies. There are lots of other cars out there worthy of more attention. But everyone has his or her rights to voice out their choices.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:33 pm

It is vaguely similar to the firebirds but only vague. I think Ford is making the GT an alternative/replacement to their mustang. I could see KITT in a jet black one with blackouts on the tail light area. He'd look more modern. And yeah, on the headlights too would be blackouts.

The pictures shown on the site are all racing stripe photos with red cars (mostly, only one black). So it'd be hard to picture it jet black, no stripes and with blackouts on the headlights/tail-lights and with a scanner. But it's doable.

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:08 am

i beg 2 differ ford stands for (First On Race Day) and thats true. plus this car can get up to 200 mph and beyond that without faking it.unlike the trans am.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:09 pm

While we're on the off-subject of acronyms, my dad told me that "PONTIAC" stands for "Poor Old Nucklehead Thinks It's A Cadillac". :) The way mine rides, I admit to being one such Nucklehead. :oops: :lol:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:01 am

Oh boy...I was thinking about posting that acronym and changing some words because the way I always heard it wasn't so.. err.. let's say politically correct so there was no reason to. Knucklehead starts with K by the way lol. Nimrod would fit well. But there's acronyms for many car companies that I've heard....none of them are appropriate to post though that I can think of. :(
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

finalfadeout
Recruit

Post by finalfadeout » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:08 am

I definitely think KITT should be a GM car...Which one is up for debate. However, one thing it has to be is black. I was thinking it could be a 2002 Trans Am, or maybe an entirely made from scratch concept like they did in Minority Report, if GM is willing to do it (probably not). Or, KITT could retain his original form.

Also, with Michael being in the mentor role, I think it is only natural that his protege is a brash, cocky individual like Michael once was, and who doesn't really answer to anybody and gets himself in over his head over the course of the movie (like impulsively running off to confront the enemy alone), but at the end the older and wiser Michael and KITT come in to save the day, as they always did, and show that they still haven't lost their touch after all these years. For instance, if in the movie the enemy is some criminal faction that develops a KITT-like car and uses it for nefarious purposes, only the car is faster, stronger, and safer, it would be gratifying to see old-school Michael and the original KITT, with obsolete, dated technology, manage to defeat their overmatching opponent with cunning, skill, strategy, teamwork, and most of all, lots of HEART!

Davenport
Volunteer

Post by Davenport » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:12 am

If Pontiac were smart, they would do what Audi did for "I, Robot" and design a futuristic car to push their current models. I know Pontiac was plagued by requests for the Knight 2000 back in 1982, but if they made it a bit more unique and not quite a similar as a street model, that should reduce the requests for the exact car from the movie. How many people are going to their Audi dealership and requesting the car from "I, Robot"?

But whatever car they decide to use, I agree that it needs to be black. I liked the body style of the faux Banshee in KR2K, but red just wasn't right.

Also, on a semi-related note, I think they need to keep the voice modulator from the series. It's a key element of K.I.T.T. I didn't care for the K.I.F.T. voice modulator at all.

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:27 am

i cant believe nobody wants kitt to be a ford GT. Cant somebody make a pic with the car in black and somebody could put a scanner on then i could prove it is a good choice. But also wat if kitt were the 2006 dodge charger concept? thats a slick car with a hemi. here are pics.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/featur ... phr_dodge/

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:07 pm

I think K.I.T.T. would be suitable as a '98-'02 black Trans Am, but not the WS-6 Ram Air edition. I think he would look too tough and aggressive in ram air, so I think he would be more suitable as being that car without the giant air intakes on the hood. More along the lines of the Formula version. Then the car's body would look more sleek and sexy, like the '82 Trans Am did. Less is more, it would stand out, but not too much just like the original car did. Then of course if anyone ever wanted to incorporate the SPM idea again in the new body, it could transform into the more aggressive looking ram air version with extra modifications, or just something completely different altogether. Since the Trans Am is now discontinued, maybe Pontiac won't have too much of a problem allowing producers to use one of their vehicles again?

A Trans Am just like this baby...
http://www.firebirdgallery.com/4th%20Ge ... ta24.1.jpg

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:07 pm

watever happens in the movie though i hope they do real jumps with real cars. i dont no y but i have always loved seeing a real car fly through the air and i like to see how it lands.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:02 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Oh boy...I was thinking about posting that acronym and changing some words because the way I always heard it wasn't so.. err.. let's say politically correct so there was no reason to. Knucklehead starts with K by the way lol. Nimrod would fit well. But there's acronyms for many car companies that I've heard....none of them are appropriate to post though that I can think of. :(
PM a few to me ;) Especially if they are CHEVY. :)

I guess I forgot how to spell 'Knucklehead' for a moment. :) I'll go with Nimrod then. ;) What my dad actually SAID I could not repeat here, though (and I don't agree with his choice of words anyway as far as that goes ;) )

I knew most of the FORD ones (except the reverse one). A friend of mine and I were trying to figure out one for CHEVY but never could come up with anything.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:36 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:
Lost Knight wrote:Oh boy...I was thinking about posting that acronym and changing some words because the way I always heard it wasn't so.. err.. let's say politically correct so there was no reason to. Knucklehead starts with K by the way lol. Nimrod would fit well. But there's acronyms for many car companies that I've heard....none of them are appropriate to post though that I can think of. :(
PM a few to me ;) Especially if they are CHEVY. :)

I guess I forgot how to spell 'Knucklehead' for a moment. :) I'll go with Nimrod then. ;) What my dad actually SAID I could not repeat here, though (and I don't agree with his choice of words anyway as far as that goes ;) )

I knew most of the FORD ones (except the reverse one). A friend of mine and I were trying to figure out one for CHEVY but never could come up with anything.
It was the "Pontiac" acronym with the racial slur? My Uncle told me that one. I was dying when he told me. It refers to the Cadillac sedans and the Pontiac Sedans from the 80's.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:46 pm

Getting off topic for a bit, here's Chevy for you :lol:

CHEVROLET -

Constantly Having Every Vehicle Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques

Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time

Can Hear Every Valve Rap On Long, Extended Trips

Cracked Heads, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks Every Time

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:23 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I think K.I.T.T. would be suitable as a '98-'02 black Trans Am, but not the WS-6 Ram Air edition. I think he would look too tough and aggressive in ram air, so I think he would be more suitable as being that car without the giant air intakes on the hood. More along the lines of the Formula version. Then the car's body would look more sleek and sexy, like the '82 Trans Am did. Less is more, it would stand out, but not too much just like the original car did. Then of course if anyone ever wanted to incorporate the SPM idea again in the new body, it could transform into the more aggressive looking ram air version with extra modifications, or just something completely different altogether. Since the Trans Am is now discontinued, maybe Pontiac won't have too much of a problem allowing producers to use one of their vehicles again?
It's a sweet thought if Universal Studios will utilize some black late 90's or early 2000 model Firebirds for their upcoming KR movie. But looking back in the past, I don't think it would be the case.

In the pilot episode in 1982, KITT was an unknown black Trans AM model. It was a new generation release, people haven't seen that generation of Firebird on the roads yet. And the viewers were thrilled at seeing a new form of automobile.

In the 1990 (or 1991) reunion movie, they also used an unknown car, derived from the Banshee concept vehicle (which was also a car seldom seen by the public). I see a pattern here, where the producers want a vehicle that has never been seen on the road yet, so that it will illicit a surprise/shock on the audience.

Even the Airwolf series, the Bell 222 helicopter that they used as Airwolf was at that time, an unknown aircraft. It was a new design. And people were stricken with awe when they watched the pilot episode.

Analyzing the past, it is in my best judgement that the producers of the new KR movie will use a vehicle that is not in a normal production lineup. It has to be an upcoming 2006 model or beyond. That puts any existing pre-2003 Firebird out of the picture, sadly.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:12 am

That's true, and I agree that they would probably want to go with an unknown futuristic car, instead of a modern one, despite how good it looks. Especially with the seemingly preferred method of choice (Knight Rider and Knight Rider 2000 using brand new models). The problem is by using a brand new car, once the car debuts to the general public, the shock value wears off quick.

Once the shock value wears off, while people might remember that the car was brand new at the time, the effect will be gone; the '82 Trans Am doesn't make us go "Wow! What kind of car is that, I've never seen it before!" despite us knowing it was new for '82 because even during the series, by later seasons, even characters on the show were used to the 3rd generation model.

In fact I remember an episode where car thieves even thought K.I.T.T. looked old! While it would definately be cool to see a brand new car or brand new model unleashed, most people have access to the internet these days and car magazines, and will no doubt check out all kinds of facts on a new car anyway before it debuts. Unless it's something kept top-secret like the 1997 Corvette was at the time before it debuted. So basically what I'm getting at here is that maybe movie producers might decide to change the formula and use a current model car? But that's just me wanting to see K.I.T.T. in the 4th generation Firebird body.

Personally what I think they will do since it will be a major motion-picture release is pretty much the same thing they did with Knight Rider 2000, take a modern car but modify it into a new car to "wow" audiences. Only in the movie's case, I think the car they will turn it into will be completely fictional and not even based on any concept cars, and instead an original design of the producers. This way, the shock value won't wear off nearly as quick by using a car that will never exist. Charlie Sheen's car in the 80s movie The Wraith comes to mind. :?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:30 pm

TurbomanKnight wrote:It was the "Pontiac" acronym with the racial slur? My Uncle told me that one. I was dying when he told me. It refers to the Cadillac sedans and the Pontiac Sedans from the 80's.
Yeah that's the one. :) Only my late dad was a devout racist and I hated that so I try and substitute things. :)

Lost Knight - More good ones! Thanks! :) I loved them. Especially since me and Slushbox (my Chevy S-10 I used to have) didn't get along well at all. :lol: Only mine was Costly, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time. :(

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:25 pm

Hehe n/p, sounds like my Oldsmobile-

Overpriced, Leisurely Driven Sedan Made Of Buick's Irregular Leftover Equipment :lol:

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:20 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Hehe n/p, sounds like my Oldsmobile-

Overpriced, Leisurely Driven Sedan Made Of Buick's Irregular Leftover Equipment :lol:
That is so true Lost Knight! My dad has a Chevy Express Conversion Van and it does rattle here and there. But the motor is in the best condition for a motor with 106,xxx miles.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers