Knight Rider: Season One DVD Box Set CONFIRMED!

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KFCreator » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:42 pm

My personal list of extras that I'd like to see would be:

-remastered soundtrack (I know it may make it more flat to do 5.1 but maybe also offer the original soundtrack in addition to 5.1)
-the blooper reels: You can't release Knight Rider on DVD without including the infamous blooper reel set and outtakes!
-whatever behind-the-scenes featurettes you can think up! Personally, I'd vow for a "building/rebuilding KITT" featurette that would chronicle KITT's initial concept and design through the various redesigns through the 4 seasons, including SPM
-interviews with as much of the cast and crew as possible (definitely get at least David Hasselhoff, Patricia McPherson, Rebecca Holden, Peter Parros and Glen Larson). If an old interview with Edward Mulhare could be found, that'd be sweet too!
-commentary tracks
-a tribute to Edward Mulhare
-a sneak peek at ANY material regarding the progress of the upcoming Knight Rider motion picture!
-Beautiful Access Menus for the DVD: My advice, take a hint from the UK's Blackstar Universal Rewind DVDs!
-HAVE to include fully uncut episodes
-include episode trailers/teasers and TV season promos and teasers
-PLEASE look into including Knight Rider 2000 on a bonus DVD with maybe the 4th season boxset, packed with behind-the-scenes featurettes and commentary about the TV movie!

I know this SEEMS like a lot to ask for the boxsets, but if they could spread these extra features out over the 4 season boxsets, it should be doable. Not too mention that although some TV shows on boxsets go skimpy with extras, you have to realize that this may be the LAST time that Knight Rider will be rereleased. So, in that case, I don't think it's too much to ask for a lot of extras. Besides, just look at how much they packed into the Star Trek: TNG, DS9 and VOY boxsets! That's what Knight Rider should be like, packed with extras that require an extra DVD disc! Trust me, I wouldn't mind paying extra for the extras! :-P
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Jake
Recruit

Post by Jake » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:57 pm

KITTfan wrote:
Jake wrote:Simply the great news! Any info on releases of that boxed set in other countries than UK or United States for example Finland?
Thought it's worth to mention that the best of Knight Rider DVD will be published here on April 14th with finnish subtitles.
http://www.filmifriikki.fi/10555/search ... ight+rider
(scroll down about half of the page)

Hopefully the 1st season dvd package will be published too with finnish subtitles ;)

-KITTfan-
Thanks for the info, KITTfan! It´s great that they are starting to sell KR DVD´s also in Finland. I sure hope that 1st season boxed set will also be sold in Finnish DVD market.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:11 pm

I hope it will be avalable to buy and ship for me in the UK.

I don't think Playback will ever get round to relasing a DVD int he uk.
Sith is doing a fine job to get them to see overwise, but the PR of that company Suck's big time!

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:15 pm

otherwise ill cna ship them to Uk..
they cost the price i printed last post on page 2 of this topic..

82TransAm
Recruit

Post by 82TransAm » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:49 pm

Also have to have Very cool packageing. Such as what Battlestar Galactica did with the Cylon package. I would love the package to be K.I.T.T. shaped with with a working (replaceable battery) scanner. Maybe two seperate packages one of K.I.T.T. and one of K.A.R.R. (I would buy both).

As for on the DVD's

-- interviews with the cast
-- maybe interactive plans of K.I.T.T.'S inner workings
-- if any exist, maybe early pilot episodes
-- A "heres how we made this work / special effects" section

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:52 am

Well - they ended up coming to interview me yesterday! They were all extremely nice and I really felt that they were interested in what I had to say. They first filmed about 15 minutes just of my car, then they set up in my house to interview me! Between the interviews and the set-ups/tear-downs, they were here about 4 hours! I did make the point to mention both KnightRiderOnline.com and KnightRegistries.com in my interview, as well as talk about all the fans and the stories they've written. I've got a few more details on the DVDs for you...the set will most likely be 5 disks, and they are really pushing for a nice package to put it in. It sounds like there will be a full length Pilot commentary from Hasselhoff and Larson, as well as possible intros by them for each episode. They will be making a nice, jam packed documentary complete with tons of behind the scenes photos that were in Universal's archives. I gave them a copy of the Blooper reels and he was extremely interested in having those on the DVDs - although they might hold off until a later season's release for that. I printed out a list of all the ideas for extra features that were posted on this board and gave it to them. I asked about a release date; he said it would most likely be late June/early July. I had a friend take a bunch of pics when they were here - I will get a few posted shortly!

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:08 am

Incredible Joe! Congrats again! It sounds like it has the potential to be a really fantastic set! Best of luck to the company putting it together, we will all eagerly be awaiting it!!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:36 am

Joe forwarded these images for us to check out!

You can find larger versions of these images at http://www.knightrideronline.com/news.php I just wasn't able to do the whole popup thing in here.
Last edited by neps on Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:25 pm

i never thought i'd say this but that sounds totally awesome!!!!

that's more than i ever expected, what with the mentioned features.

fantastic!!!

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:33 pm

This sounds so COOL...
joe can u send me the pics to knijtan@riddarb.org
well this sounds really good..

keep us updated..

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:42 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Hip-hip...
HUUUUUURAY!
*dances*

KARR: *plays Knight Rider theme* That is perfect news.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:29 pm

Wow, thats great Joe! :D

Good to see the people behind the discs are willing to put in the effort to give the fans what they want, by going to the fans themselves.

Your efforts in helping us get good features for the boxset are much appreciated by myself, and I'm sure everyone else in the community.

I truly can't wait to see the finished set. :)

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:24 pm

Joe, thank you so much for what you're doing! This is so awesome, I'm so excited!!!

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:52 am

Yeah..
this is the best thing that ever happend since 1999 when they aired KR in sweden last time :D

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:40 pm

Wow the one time I leave for more then a couple of days looks what happens. I have two questions though. Number 1 how come we haven't seen any advertising on tv or the internet, or any news of it any where else/ when will the official date when they will be released be out. Second where will we be able to get the dvds? Wal-mart kmart ect or just internet.
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

lucid hysteria
Volunteer

wow!

Post by lucid hysteria » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:49 pm

Wow, guys... this is enough to pull me out of the woodwork to comment (for those of you who remember me, I used to hang around these forums and, when they were around, the official TKR forums almost constantly, but in the last few years I've really not watched much of or thought much about Knight Rider at all, except occasionally checking here for movie news and/or stuff like this). And this is just wonderful news, because Columbia House is really no way to watch any show, heh.

It's hard to believe, but after these pics Neil posted, I'm not worried, heh. Seems like this is a sure thing, and it's about time. Finally, I'll have both a reason and the means to watch Knight Rider again (I still have most of my episodes recorded from TV, but I don't really use my VCR anymore, in favor of the DVD player, hehe)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:53 pm

The reason you haven't seen information anywhere but here, is because it hasn't been OFFICIALLY announced by Universal. Once they do, I'm sure you'll see it everywhere. However, right they are still in the production phase of the set, and probably be risky to announce a date until the majority of the material is completed.

I'm 98% certain that this DVD will be available wherever you normally get your DVDs from, Wal-Mart, BestBuy, Amazon, whathave you.

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:36 pm

Thanks neps.
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:37 pm

ill kill cdon.com if they dont fix it..
well they have the "BEst Of Knight Rider" DVD..
i have ordered it :)
will be at my house at 16/4-2004 :D
im just waiting :D

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:03 pm

Is the June/July release of the first season boxset for this upcoming June/July or are we talking about 2005?
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

IceKnight
Rookie

Post by IceKnight » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:56 pm

I believe Joe was talking about this year, but he would be more apt to answer this question than the rest of us.

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:57 am

i highly belive it was this year :wink:

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:45 am

Yes - June or July of this year. Also, it will be available in stores such as Best Buy, Walmart, etc. Exciting stuff!

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:32 am

*dances*
Hurray!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:37 am

Joe Huth wrote:Yes - June or July of this year. Also, it will be available in stores such as Best Buy, Walmart, etc. Exciting stuff!

Joe
And online stores, I hope. Good job I got a multiregion player.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;