Knight Rider: Evil Twin and Double

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sofchance
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by sofchance » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:47 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA Sith that's hilarious!

And Cole, enough. Just make a point and be done with it - no need to keep lengthening a board for no reason.

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:38 pm

"...and the world may never know."

LMAO!
You guys are killing me! :karr:

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:19 pm

ColeGrad01 wrote:Hey ramon88us, don't make jokes about this. As I have already said, I tried to fix it. But for some reason it would not let me. Now unless you can fix up the defect in the system, I suggest you keep your mouth shut. I am 5 years older than you and out of my teens. You're still a kid going to school. Probably haven't worked at a job or driven a car yet. Look at it this way, that is the date I celebrated my last birthday.
dude...you're only 9 months old? that would explain why you wasted everyone's time on a KNIGHT RIDER message borad with that useless synopsis.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:23 pm

Um, you might want to find other things to do with your posting time rather than derogatory comments, until you at least have been posting more than a few messages. I do believe that this has been harped on enough, and the situation has been dealt with.

Let's move on, shall we?

KI

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:36 pm

Thank you Laura for being my friend.

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:28 pm

awe...stickin up for fellow boardies. it was harmless let me assure you first. and second, if you cant take a little rap from annonymous person on a board online from someone you'll NEVER meet in person and therefore, cant back up any of the *?$# he may or may not deal out...i feel sorry for you.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:48 pm

If you are just here to cause trouble, then I am quite sure that the admin will be happy to show you out. This is a board for talking about Knight Rider, not picking on your fellow board members. You may hide behind the internet concept, but most of the people who post here have feelings, behind these words, and I know nobody appreciates beating a horse that had already been taken care of before. If you want to continue to act like a bully, then I suggest that you find somewhere else to do it. Because there is a lot of 'boardies' and a whole lack of tolerance for bullies.

You are more than welcome to post otherwise, but if your sole purpose is to be a jerk, then, maybe you would be much more comfortable elsewhere. This is a Knight Rider board, not a pick on each other board, and most of all, being a newbie, it isn't your place to do it.

KI

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:49 am

So what was the point of replying to a particular message from three days ago if not to pick on him for it? The board had a glitch, it wasn't his fault, leave him alone and let all move on. It doesn't matter if we have never met each other, that doesn't mean that we should be disrespectful. We can take all abuse we want, but why should we have to? This is a place where people are supposed to be comfortable with talking about Knight Rider, lets focus positively on that.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:38 pm

Thanks neps for being the only person to maturely handle this besides Laura. I just think this has gone on so much that it is to the point it's not funny anymore. To me, it never really was. I've had enough jokes made at me to be insulting in my life. Hopefully this is the end of it. I said some things in return I shouldn't have, but a good friend talked me out of it. And I'm glad they did. I'm going to listen to them and take their advice. Just don't make fun of people for things they can't help.

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:50 pm

i'm really sorry if i upset you. you seem like a good guy. i just come from a board that that kind of joking is taken as standard. we all know its in good fun and no one takes offense. i should have gotten to know the board better before jumping in like it was no different than the other.

again, i apologize : )

-danny

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:46 am

Okay, with this silly situation that should have never occurred in the first place finally resolved (thanks to a good friend on here and I really appreciate you doing this for me), back to the actual topic. But it is not going to be exactly about Knight Rider. Michael and Garthe looked exactly alike because Michael was given plastic surgery to look like Garthe and serve as a good version of him. But it is not always like that. Some shows, the good guy and the bad guy actually do have the same faces. In the Incredible Hulk show, there was one episode where Dr. Banner encountered a man named Mike Cassidy. He was an ex-con who happened to look exactly like him. This deal helped David out when nosy reporter Jack McGee ran into him (Jack thinks David Banner supposedly died in a lab explosion caused by the creature in the pilot episode). Other than that, David was getting into troubled situations with felons who were really after Mike. Here is the link for it and look for the episode entitled "Broken Image":

http://www.bryanshulkpage.com/EpisodeGu ... index.html

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:59 am

ColeGrad01 wrote:Michael and Garthe looked exactly alike because Michael was given plastic surgery to look like Garthe and serve as a good version of him.
And here I am to cause more trouble, just like the Michael Long's car thread... I'm not disagreeing as much as adding a different perspective.

This is another case of the writers potentially rewriting history. In the pilot episode, since they didn't have the concept of Garthe yet, Michael was given plastic surgery to look like Wilton Knight. We learn this when Devon tells Wilton that Michael has a striking resemblance to Wilton as a young man. It's not presented as an absolute fact, but that seems to be the implication and it fit in with the theme of Wilton sort of being reborn through Michael.

Wilton's son would obviously look like him (although probably not an EXACT duplicate!) so it made for an easy excuse to have an even twin for Michael. That's when Michael comes to the conclusion that he was created in Garthe's image.

Garthe is a great villian, and the writers didn't have to undo too much to explain the lookalike; they just sort of skewed things a little bit. But looking at the overall theme of the show, I personally prefer the idea of Michael being remade in Wilton's image. It's a stronger reminder of Wilton's legacy.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:35 am

For one thing, if Garthe was really the big-time criminal they said he was, he probably would have been wanted for some activites in the U.S. as well as the stuff he went to prison for in Africa. Which just makes you wonder how Michael managed to go through at least four years as FLAG's field operative with the only people who recognized his resemblance to Garthe being Rita Wilcox and Jennifer Knight. ;)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:37 pm

Maybe that is why Michael kept getting thrown into the slammer. ;)

j/k :)

KI

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:40 am

Actually, cops busted Michael for what they saw him doing. I don't think any of the little towns he visited had any knowledge of Garthe exisiting. In the pilot, he is caught in the middle of a bar fight. In GOOD DAY AT WHITE ROCK, the sheriff asked him to leave town and decided to lock him up for disobeying him. Then in A NICE, INDECENT TOWN he was for some reason (I don't remember exactly) being followed while driving KITT and then enough cop cars managed to surround them. He had no choice but to get out and surrender to them. In NOBODY DOES IT BETTER, he is found with a gun on him after taking it away from the woman he caught spying on that one guy who had something to do with the crime. I haven't seen all the episodes he gets busted, but I thought that sure happened to him a lot. Garthe would be too good to be caught by the police. The army would have to go after him.

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:22 pm

It was a joke, Jordan.

I remember that in "A Nice, Indecent Town" Michael and KITT were chasing down some bad guys and lost them, then the cops pulled M/K for speeding.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:51 pm

I know it was a joke. And yeah, I remember Michael was trying to catch two other guys before getting set up by the cops. It was one of those deals where real criminals are running around doing stuff while the good guys are getting into all the trouble. Most other TV shows when the good guy wrongfully gets arrested, it only happens once or twice a season after not happenning an entire season. Not like this, where Michael gets put away two or three times a week it seemed like in the first season.

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:22 am

:roll:

Both could be correct. There is no reason why Garth could not have looked like a younger version of his father. If Micheal was made to look like a young Wilton Night the resemblence would have been unavoidable. [Yeah, I know that there was more than a passing remblence.]

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:42 am

Michael is a younger version of Wilton and an exact copy of Garthe (minus the mustache and beard). There is something I am wondering? How can Michael/Garthe look like Wilton if they are so much taller than him? (Richard Basehart was 5'9" as David Hasselhoff is 6'4"). Also, how come this is all anybody said about the thing where I posted about a similar situation on the Incredible Hulk? We not want to get off the actual topic? Nobody has any opinions about Bill Bixby playing a criminal with a mustache, then shaving it right off and looking exactly like the human indentity of the creature wanted for a major reward and stalked by a nosy, investigative reporter?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:01 pm

All they did was make his face look like Wilton so that Michael could claim the 'Knight' name, and have a face that wouldn't get him killed. And he isn't an exact copy of Garthe. (Otherwise, Michael would have had the face fur) The height has nothing to do with the concept.

And the reason why nobody commented on the Incredible Hulk concept, is because you made your point, nobody had an agreeance or disagreeance, they are keeping the thread relatively on topic, and it's a Knight Rider board.

KI

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:49 pm

Michael in some ways is a copy of Garthe. Here's a quote from GOLIATH RETURNS:

Adrian: "Why should I take the copy when I can just have the original?"
Garthe: "HE'S THE COPY!!!!"

Yes, those were the ideas of Michael's face when the pilot episode aired. He has a new face cause Michael Long was to be considered dead the moment he got shot. If Wilton was supposed to look somewhat like Michael does when he was young, then I'm saying he's so much shorter he could not look like Michael. Garthe is the only one who looks anything like Michael because he is the same size. I guess they came up with him to give an exact reason why Michael received that particular face. By the way, I started this topic. So I can mention stuff about it as long as I am at least making a comparison. Like Mike Cassidy being an evil twin and double for Dr. David Banner. Only they did actually look alike. Mike was a little older than David. His hair was kinda gray. They believe when they saw Banner, Cassidy had it dyed darker to look younger. So Jack McGee got told he was either fooled by a con-man or saw a ghost.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:06 pm

And what I keep trying to get through to you is that the heighth has nothing to do with the exact look.

they came up with Garthe, because they wanted to go with the classic good twin/bad twin type dilemma. Don't read too far into it, you are giving it far too much detail for a show.

And just because you started the topic doesn't mean that you can do whatever you want in it, nor demand for others to do what you want in it.

KI

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:41 pm

Official Webiste: http://www.iamjohnq.com/

JOHN Q is a really good movie starring Denzel Washington. Anyone who says it's stupid is telling a big fat lie. I went to see it with my 25-year-old friend (such a shame now he's married and moved to another state) the summer before last as soon as I finished my very first year of college. An African-American takes a hospital hostage cause the evil doctors refuse to help his little boy. But if he doesn't get to walk out of there alive and well, then neither do the other patients nor the doctors allowing him to die. John "Quincy" Archibald is gonna make sure his son Michael gets the surgery he needs.
Last edited by ColeGrad01 on Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:50 pm

:roll:
You got issues dude. Calm down. Micheal got a face lift to look like a young Wilton. It has nothing to do with height. Garth just happens to look like a young version of his father. Simple TV logic. Or you can go with the conspiracy theory that Wilton wanted Micheal to look like his son whom he had written off and disowned.
That "John Q" statement was totally uncalled for and this is all of the acknowledgement that statement is worthy of a response to.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:08 am

There are no statements against John Q. He is an African-American hero.
Last edited by ColeGrad01 on Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.