Back to the Future screening in Pasadena

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Back to the Future screening in Pasadena

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:37 am

I went to a special one-night screening of Back To The Future in Pasadena tonight. I don't want to get too sentimental, but it was pretty awesome. I last saw it in the theater in the summer of '85 and it's still great. And it was pretty cool seeing Michael Scheffe's name scrolling by during the end credits.

I saw someone leaving the theater wearing a Knight Rider t-shirt. I should have said hello, but I didn't want to look like a crazy person chasing after some stranger. So if that was you, I apologize. I should have at least complimented you on your shirt.

And as another tie-in to Knight Rider Festival IV in Las Vegas, check out this BTTF promo (with cameo by Mr. Scheffe himself).

http://youtu.be/Ejdfs3H5ReE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Back to the Future screening in Pasadena

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:34 am

Speaking of the Delorean,I was at the NY auto show this year and they had the actual 1980's Delorean.I hear they are bringing it back exactly the same interior/exterior except for 1 detail.As the great Dr.Emmet Brown said,"This suckers electrical." I checked the back for the plutonium port or the Mr.Coffee but found this instead.

Back in the 80's this car was very expensive.Only rich people and drug dealers could afford this car.Made of stainless steel back when detroit was motor city.

Here's the flyer I got from that exhibit:

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Re: Back to the Future screening in Pasadena

Post by Dave Knight » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:07 am

I saw it on the big screen in 2010 during the 25th anniversary I was wearing a blue BTTF shirt with a Delorean on it and my vinyl color shifting 2015 Marty Jr hat (which got a LOT of compliments). When I was visiting my brother in LA in 2010 over the summer we went to the real locations where they shot parts of the movie like:

McFly house

Brown Manor from 1955

the Burger King that was built on the location of the Brown Manor (bonus points I ate there too)

and to show that I am BOTH a KR fan AND a BTTF fan:

my vintage 1983 Talking KITT and my 1/15 scale Delorean time machine

:good:
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot