Screenshot Game

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightendo77
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Screenshot Game

Post by knightendo77 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:52 am

We've a couple of fun games taking place on the forum at the moment, so I know there's plenty of us who like to have our Knight Rider knowledge tested and was wondering if you'd like to take part in a Screenshot Game...?

Basically, every day that I can come on here (which is usually daily if I'm honest lol) I'll post up a new screenshot taken from one of the various KR series/movies. All you have to do is send me a Private Message with the name of the episode from which the screenshot is taken before the next picture goes up in the thread.

Why a Private Message? Well, I was going to keep score and if people posted the answer in the thread it simply wouldn't work as everyone would copy that answer. I'll keep a track of everyone that has entered and at the end of the game (I was thinking of doing ten or so screenshots over the course of a couple of weeks and then stopping to tally up points) release the results and you can all see how you all did.

Do you like the sound of it...? ;)

I've included the first screenshot below, and I'll be making sure they get harder as the game goes on, but this is an easier one to start with.

Feel free to comment about the game and stuff, and every time I post up a new picture I'll also give you the answer to the previous one, which could open up conversations about those episodes perhaps.

Remember DON'T post your answer here! It'll ruin the game for those wishing to take part.

PRIVATE MESSAGE your guess to me using the 'PM' button on the left under my avatar and information.

Good luck! Next screenshot will appear here tomorrow (Friday 27th March)
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

knightendo77
Operative

Re: Screenshot Game

Post by knightendo77 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:47 pm

the original KITT is the first person to respond. I'm thinking I might leave the answer to each one until the very end. That means a new one can be posted every day and then everything can be revealed at the end without anyone missing out on one part of the game.

So come on folks, we need more to take part :)
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Knight Racer has joined the... um... race. Cheers! :D

I'm definitely going to keep all answers until the end of the ten days (one photo a day) so feel free to join in by PM-ing me whenever you can, or by waiting until the end and doing so in one PM.

:)
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:08 pm

Fun game, I'm at a loss for this picture.. *puts on thinking cap*
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:47 pm

How many people joined this game?

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:34 am

NEW RULES: You no longer have to answer by the time the next screenshot goes up, so if you miss a day don't worry, just PM me when you get a chance with your answers so far. The only deadline now is the end of the whole competition.

So far we've four players (and Vegasmike is pondering over his answer ;)) as Victor and stelios have now joined in too. This is why I've decided to let people guess at anytime over the ten days as not everyone gets a chance to check the website every single day, and even if they do they might not have the time to take part.

So here is screenshot number two:

Keep the PM's coming, hopefully we'll get more people joining in :D
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:07 pm

Only two screenshots in and there's two clear leaders already folks! But, of course, that could all change if more people decide to play and name all the screens before the end of the game ;)

I think if I do this again I have a better way of organising it, as posting further screenshots down the thread isn't the best... or is it going okay so far with you guys? Anyway, 2 in the morning here. Next shot is ready for upload tomorrow, see you then :)
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:54 am

Another day another screenshot. Keep those answers coming, this is only day three of ten so plenty of time to enter for those that haven't so far.

Here's today's, hopefully a little harder than before as per requests... but careful what you wish for when we enter the last few :twisted:

knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:31 pm

Just to be clear, these are from the original series of Knight Rider right? Not TKR or KR 08 or any of the movie spin-offs?

=VK=
:dash:

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:06 pm

that one is from knight rider 2010

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Well Hoffabe has just broken the rules and ruined the third screenshot question so it no longer counts, the one below will replace it as screenshot number three. I was hoping to surprise everyone playing by slipping in some from the spin-offs to challenge people but unfortunately the surprise is gone now thanks to the most recent post here :(

Everyone, please don't post answers here! It ruins the game for everyone taking part! PM's only for the answers to the screenshots thus far, it means everyone is on an even playing field and no one knows if they've won until the end.

SCREENSHOT THREE:

To those playing, thanks for doing so. This is an easier one again (maybe lol) and the next won't be up until Tuesday morning due to commitments tomorrow.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

well i'm sorry guess i had to read the complete rules first. can i ever be foregiven? :(

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:36 pm

That's why I sent you a PM Hoffabe, explaining what's going on and asking you to join in :)
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:11 pm

knightendo77 wrote:Well Hoffabe has just broken the rules and ruined the third screenshot question so it no longer counts, the one below will replace it as screenshot number three. I was hoping to surprise everyone playing by slipping in some from the spin-offs to challenge people but unfortunately the surprise is gone now thanks to the most recent post here :(

Everyone, please don't post answers here! It ruins the game for everyone taking part! PM's only for the answers to the screenshots thus far, it means everyone is on an even playing field and no one knows if they've won until the end.

SCREENSHOT THREE:

To those playing, thanks for doing so. This is an easier one again (maybe lol) and the next won't be up until Tuesday morning due to commitments tomorrow.
EDITED - This was supposed to go to a PM

Just a note here. I think it's fair to at least let players know what series an image is from because I was under the impression that the screenshots were only coming from Knight Rider's original series. Apparently this isn't the case. Knight Rider TOS and Knight Rider 08 are pretty easy but when it comes to like TKR and 2010, these are more ambigious. Difficulty is fine, just not confusion.

=VK=
:dash: