If KARR transforms...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

99 Trans am
Volunteer

If KARR transforms...

Post by 99 Trans am » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:10 pm

From a car to a robot,I'll never watch the show again..This is Knight Rider,not Transformers! What a slap in the face that would be..Just be Knight Rider already,would you.. Quit attack mode and all that crap.Leave him the way he is and where's turbo boost ? And it need a button..C'mon,that was KITT's signature..

the white knight
Recruit

Re: If KARR transforms...

Post by the white knight » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:35 pm

Ever watch Season 4... SPM
Summer : 1988 Firebird Formula (1992 Trans Am clone) - 5.7TPI / T5 5 Speed / 3.73 Posi
Winter : 1992 Camaro RS - 3.1L / 700R4 / 363,000KM

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Josch Schulz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Ever watch Season 4... SPM
Jeah Jeah that is the Same. Hey Stripes and Tuning like Fast and the Furius is more beliveable that a Transforming Car what CHange the Complete car. Thats realy nasty. This Is Knight Rider And not Knightformers. Everybody is pissed of about the transforming matchbox look. This is realy not KR this is kiddy style and unbelivable. When i wanna watch Stuff like That I watch transformers and there are the effects bedder :roll: :roll: Anyway did somebody see the Taxi Movies from France, this Car transforms in SPM to and its for real. I want the Pilotepisode Style from KR 2008 back, that was realy good and much bedder :good: The 2008/2009 Show gets more and more to the Team Knight Rider *?$# over with a Mix of Betteltech :roll: :roll:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

bige
Rookie

Post by bige » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Did you see the VIDEO that SUE put up and the guy mentioned that SKI MODE IS COMING BACK & TURBO BOOST WILL BE USE A LOT MORE NOW SINCE THE SHOW IS GOING through a reboot, so it can get back to the orignial roots like how TOS was, and F.L.A.G is coming back also. Just watch the show.

ATTACK MODE is more like the more modern Super Purist Mode - HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF THAT?

In the TOS series when KITT goes into purist mode that is a transformation of the car. So KITT did transform in the TOS series but that was only in Season 4

Just think about it, and watch the video that sue put up and they gave us a hint when KITT is in attack mode in the new series if you can pause the episode they mention on the HUD display in attack KITT you can see the upcoming weapons that KITT will be using later on in the series

arhskr81
Rookie

Post by arhskr81 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Just get over KARR being a robot, it is what it is, and it's already been done. i've said it before, anything that has been "remade, reimage, or is a sequal to an old show" has never been like the orig.

bige
Rookie

Post by bige » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:50 pm

I think part of the relaunch of Knight will happen this Wednesday, since when FLAG comes back then it will be more like the orginial, The SSC won't be around anymore that is my guess, if you read the episode descirptions on NBC.com/knightrider

bige
Rookie

Post by bige » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:53 pm

I'm fine with KARR being a Mustang then turning into a robot, and plus this is not the 80s any more.

We have two more months of the first season since we have all of January, the February and the season Finale is to air on Feb. 25, 2009,

I do like this version of knight rider it seems more modern and stuff, since Technology keeps cchangeing.

The good news about KARR voice is that Peter Cullen will be doing the voice for KARR, just like in TOS series

99 Trans am
Volunteer

Post by 99 Trans am » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:03 pm

the white knight wrote:Ever watch Season 4... SPM
When they put all the fins on Kitt in season 4 and it was super pursuit mode,the show got silly and I quit watching..So no,I didn't..

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:11 pm

this is my thinking of why KITT doesnt transform into what KARR transform.

We heard that KARR was KITT prototype and was used in some kind of military act, and KARR supposely killed 7 people, i think. I think KARR AI developed so quickly that on its own it develop and found out how to push the limits in the transformation and finally became this robot we will see in a few weeks.

That might of sounded lame

but i cant wait for this episode :good: :kitt: :karr:
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

bige
Rookie

Post by bige » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:20 pm

You know in the TOS series KARR could Self program and in the new series that Halloween episode KITT brought that up about self programing and that is when KITT mentioned KARR

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

Post by Shadowy Flight » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Lest we forget Karr IS Optimus Prime. I always thought Transformers stole from Knight Rider (always bugged me in the 80's with their driverless nearly indestructible cars). And Peter Cullen was hired to do Karr BEFORE Optimus. They had one leg up on us that their cars could transform and we couldn't. So now its time for KR to steal from TF. Payback's a KITTch. What's a more better time to reel in an audience than the year a Transformers sequel comes out? KR will be cutting months in front of them. So it'll look like Bay is stealing KR ideas. Good. Wouldn't be surprised if Karr and Kitt got along for a brief sec and Karr says to Kitt "Transform and Roll Out!" Because I always hated that KR was an underdog to Transformers, Dukes, A-Team and in some instances Viper.
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:56 pm

One again. I have no Problems with the show, its to much CGI in it. I watch Season 2 but its going to be more and more...strange. I give it a chance and see but in my eyes they missed it...

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:00 pm

When I initially saw the first episode of the second generation Knight Rider, I didn't like the transforming. I liked KI3T's camouflage ability from the pilot better. However, now the ability has grown on me and I consider myself on the side of the transforming, haha.

Personally, it makes sense to me that KARR would have both the Mustang body and Robotic body. First of all, since he could self-program, why would he want to be a car strictly and have to depend on someone to do certain tasks (no hands, for example)? If he could essentially "create" himself, I would find it natural that he would gain himself a more... adaptive body. As for the Mustang form, traveling as an 18 foot robot wouldn't be an easy ninja task. His Mustang form makes sense as camouflage.

You know, if Transformers never existed, I doubt there would be any debate whatsoever with the transformation abilities.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Knight Rider the original Series was new at this time in the 80s, and the ideas in it was new. Everytime when you watch the old show you have moment you wont miss because its thirll and exiting. The new show is not realy new, it steals from other Movies and series like:

- Transformers
- Viper

You can see to much old TV series in it, its never been fresh stuff like the old show was. Jeah the old show has mistakes but we love the show for the mistakes because it has something special. Watch the new show, it wants to be to perfect and that is a big problem. Future okay but this is to much. They want to much in one show like Team Knight Rider. I think TKR would be alot of bedder when they would not want all in one. In that show there was always KR feeling more then in the new Series. Special when KITT comes as the Shadow or when we learn that Jenny Andrews is Michael Knights Doughter. It is good stuff, and I wish they handle it bedder. Watch the episode with K.R.O. It was so Knight Rider Style and exited and Legion of Doom is freakin good.

If the new KR wants to be like the old Series, the producers has to listen more to people who have more knowledge what the old series was based on: "One man can make a difference" and not "Supershow try to hold the viewers with CGI and to much action"

99 Trans am
Volunteer

Post by 99 Trans am » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:00 pm

Josch Schulz wrote:Knight Rider the original Series was new at this time in the 80s, and the ideas in it was new. Everytime when you watch the old show you have moment you wont miss because its thirll and exiting. The new show is not realy new, it steals from other Movies and series like:

- Transformers
- Viper

You can see to much old TV series in it, its never been fresh stuff like the old show was. Jeah the old show has mistakes but we love the show for the mistakes because it has something special. Watch the new show, it wants to be to perfect and that is a big problem. Future okay but this is to much. They want to much in one show like Team Knight Rider. I think TKR would be alot of bedder when they would not want all in one. In that show there was always KR feeling more then in the new Series. Special when KITT comes as the Shadow or when we learn that Jenny Andrews is Michael Knights Doughter. It is good stuff, and I wish they handle it bedder. Watch the episode with K.R.O. It was so Knight Rider Style and exited and Legion of Doom is freakin good.

If the new KR wants to be like the old Series, the producers has to listen more to people who have more knowledge what the old series was based on: "One man can make a difference" and not "Supershow try to hold the viewers with CGI and to much action"
All misspellings aside..I agree :good:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:46 pm

I still say the show should have stuck with the morphing technique from the backdoor pilot instead of the transformations, but then we would have the issue of mass. But I don't think that would have been such a bad thing to have every car K.I.T.T. transforms into be a vehicle of equal size since I don't care for the trucks. But realistically, how could Ford pass up an opportunity to not get as many of their cars in the show as possible if the star of the show transforms?

It's just too bad that the physics don't quite work when K.I.T.T. transforms back and forth from truck to Mustang, especially with the interior and truck beds, etc. But the show pushes the boundaries of reality in many other ways, so that's really just a nitpick.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Yeah I don't like the transforming into other vehicles idea either. But I'm happy to consider Attack mode as a natural progression of the old SPM.

I just hope they start using Attack mode for some Kick butt action so when we hair Micheal say "Kitt, Attack mode!" it has the kind of Hair standing on end effect we got when Bill Bixby's eyes turned white in the Hulk show :lol:
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;