Bigger Car Commercial Viper or Knight Rider '08

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Which show do you think is the bigger car commercial?

Viper
20%
Knight Rider '08
80%

Total votes: 15

EdwardKnoxII
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Bigger Car Commercial Viper or Knight Rider '08

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:42 pm

For months now people have been saying how KR is a hour long ad for Ford. Which is something else that it shares with Viper. So now my question to you which show think was the biggest car commercial for their respective company. And I mean this in a bad way of course.

For me I think KR is the bigger car ad. Say what you will about Viper and the Chrysler cars in the show but, they're willing to the these things that KR isn't doing that keep the show from being an hour long car ad. You know besides the show being named after the damn car. :roll:

Wreck the cars. Viper was willing the wreck a crapload of Dodges/Plymouth/etcs in every show. In Knight Rider they show a bunch of Fords but, you know it's going to be a non Ford that's going to get wrecked and nothing will happen to the Fords.

Use and wreck the star cars. Dodge give the show like 12 $70,000 Vipers and a few Defender cars and they use in them in chase scenes and wrecked a few of them to. And on top of that they even jumped the Defender quite abit to. In KR they hardly ever really use the Shelby in a chase scene beside the pilot and they have yet to jump it. IE not CGI.

Not having the Viper change into a different Chrysler products every show. In Viper the Viper stayed a Viper. Now in the show it did have that hologram that let the Viper look like different cars but, they didn't use it that much and it was just an hologram not a tranformation into a car. While in KR it's hard to think of Kitt as a Mustang cause he keeps transforming into different cars every ep.

So what are your thoughts?

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Re: Bigger Car Commercial Viper or Knight Rider '08

Post by HisNameisGarth » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:01 pm

Yeah.... agreed. Viper had a lot of Chrysler stuff in it too, but they were far more discrete.

Now for a bit of trivia on Viper.
Did you know the villain from the Viper Pilot Movie "Alec Conner" was named after the plant where the Dodge Viper was assembled? That's right: Chrysler's Conner Assembly Plant is where the Viper is built. How cool was that? The producers gave a nod to people who built the car in a subtle way.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:56 pm

I plead the fifth on Ford ads. We may or may not have 3 of them....

It is a little odd to see everything on wheels is a Ford in one show. However, It doesn't bother me as much as the lack of stunts.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 pm

Ben Silverman admitted on Charlie Rose that the new Knight Rider is an NBC product that is being used to showcase Ford cars. It doesn't get any clearer than that about the intentions behind this show.