Ford and KITT..

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

99 Trans am
Volunteer

Ford and KITT..

Post by 99 Trans am » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:02 pm

This is my 1st post..I'm 39.. I grew up on Knight Rider also. Lets just put an end to the BS on here.. Lets be honest,the only reason the show exists is because Ford wanted to use a platform to sell its product. On the original show, KITT was destroyed and some guy in a chop shop or whatever put him back together and he got super pursuit mode,it was just plain silly..Fins jumping out all over the car,the show lost me. The whole mystery of the original show was KITT.. Not knowing anything about the car,but getting a little more info every or every other show. The car was so far ahead of its time.The dash was so cool and put that believe ability factor in. The turbo boost light coming on was cool,and now it flashes across the windshield and KITT repeats everything..arg. But The car as a whole was believe able..When the bad guys came up to it,KITT just locked down..The bad guys would beat on it and then wonder WTF,the glass won't even break.It didn't make banter or tell them,yes but can your car do this..Then transform into attack mode right in front of them..Stupid! The whole purpose of the car is not to draw attention. They turned the car into a gimmick. What really killed it for me was watching it transform into a F150..You can't be serious? Its a freaking ford commercial. Its not about the show,its about how much money Ford threw at NBC..They couldn't get Transformers,so they have a Mustang transform on knight rider instead..Even with today's tech there is no shot it does that. The original show was at least more believe able. I don't care if the stories sucked. It was about the car and the mysteriousness of the car. Now its about the mysteriousness of Michael and no one cares..I can understand the car evolving but c'mon,make it believe able.. The Banshee in Knight Rider 2000 was more real.If the car did not transform and it wasn't so over the top with lights and stuff,I might get into it more..Its just tough to swallow..The car needs a lot more mystery,we see too much..

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Ford and KITT..

Post by Vegasmike » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:08 pm

I have to agree with a part of your comment. I HATE the transformaton to a truck too (Beast from TKR anyone?)
What's the canon timeline for this series? I place it after TOS but before TKR and KR2000
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

99 Trans am
Volunteer

Post by 99 Trans am » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:12 pm

Canon timeline?

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:14 pm

Vegasmike wrote:I place it after TOS but before TKR and KR2000
Actually, TKR and KR2000 never actually happened in this show.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

99 Trans am
Volunteer

Post by 99 Trans am » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:20 pm

That's true..I had to admit..The theme is good. They did translate that from the original well.. :)

Trendane
Recruit

Post by Trendane » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:15 pm

99 Trans am wrote:Canon timeline?
"Canon", in this case, refers to the established mythos of the story. If someone says that something is 'not canon'....they simply mean that it doesn't fit with what came before.

For example, someone saying that Michael told Devon that they made his car look like Clive Barker's bathroom...would most definitely *NOT* be canon. Though it could be kind of cool.....and scary.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:09 pm

why are ppl pissed off cuz of the truck, this new episode didnt have the truck, its not like they use the truck for a long period of time.

just get over it.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:10 pm

GT500KR wrote:why are ppl pissed off cuz of the truck, this new episode didnt have the truck, its not like they use the truck for a long period of time.

just get over it.
Here here!
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:48 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:Actually, TKR and KR2000 never actually happened in this show.
Not necessarily true. While it is true that both Team Knight Rider and Knight Rider 2000 can't co-exist in the same universe, KR2K can certainly fit into the new show's time frame. (In short, all of that sci-fi futuristic stuff was localized to Seattle, anyway, but this is another topic.)

This new series takes place in 2008. We know from Mike's drivers license in the backdoor pilot (birthdate was 06/10/83, making him 25). Some may argue that the new show might ignore that fact established in the pilot, but current events like the Iraq and Afghanistan wars have already been mentioned several times and are a major part of Mike's past.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:38 pm

Don't forget Dan Quayle as President! :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:44 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Don't forget Dan Quayle as President! :lol:
Painful memory, lol. Eh, well they should never mention who the president is in the show, anyway. Let the current events imply that. :)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: