To any Mini R/C car owners

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Centaurus17 » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:32 pm

Hey there everyone

I just came across this website that's selling a Knight Rider Scanner light for the Bit Char G mini R/C cars. I know a couple of people who own these mini cars, and sent them the link and they (being KR fans) were shocked.

Just follow the link and click on the Knight Rider LED button on the left.

Im not sure if this link has ever been posted before, I'm sorry if it has.

Here's the Link

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:52 pm

I wonder if it can be used in a regular 1/25 scale Trans-Am model.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:24 pm

Code Breaker -- Thats a very good point, though there would have to be room for a place to put the on-off switch. Maybe under the car? I dunno, that would be awesome if it could be mounted on an existing KITT model.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Sep 15, 2002 10:25 pm

Centaurus17- The latest reprints of the original model have it where it comes with a regular V-8 engine. If a fan is not pleased with the idea of having the normal engine in the "super car", they could simply place everything in the engine compartment.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:53 am

Curious, the Bit Char G red light seems smoother and flows better than the mini-z one. Now I'm interested. Has anyone watched the movies? the cars are so small. They seem like half the size of the mini-z, which are small anyway and they seem reasonably quick.

Now, how much is it gonna cost to get the scanner and then a RC car with the black celica shell?

Edit: Centaurus17, could you tell me the difference between the char-G and Digi-Q.

Sarfraz

[ September 16, 2002: Message edited by: sarfraz ]

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:46 am

Hey there

Sarfraz -- As far as getting the black celica, from the searching that ive done, i think your best bet would be ebay. The sites i've checked don't have the black celica in stock. Over here, they go for a little over $30. Heres the Ebay Link

Ebay

As far as the difference between the char-g and the digi, from what i know, the Digi's are a little more expensive. They have a longer range then the char-g's, and supposedly are easier to control. Again, im not 100% sure about this. If anyone here has information on this, feel free to correct me if i said anything incorrect.

But i do know a couple of people who own bit char g's, and they're really happy with them.

I'll try to get more info on this.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:52 am

Ok guys, heres some more info for ya.

Check this Link Out

If you scroll down the page, ths guy Mike is selling the previous Knight Rider scanner i showed you that goes on the windshield, PLUS hes selling another one that goes on the front grill of the car.

IMO, this one looks a million times better then the windshield one, and the trail effect of it is unbelievably smooth. Its very high quality.

If you check the video out of that, needless to say it looks unbelievably cool.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Mon Sep 16, 2002 1:55 pm

The digi Q are about 5cm small camparing to the 6-7cm of the bit char-g. www.hlj.com has both at very similair prices. I'm really tempted to go with digi-Q...but does the bit char-g red light fit in a digi-Q??

Centaurus17, that celica link on ebay comes with a 3.0 motor. Apparently, there extremely powerful but useless with the standard controller. More importantly, which is faster in standard trim, Digi Q or bit char G

Sarfraz

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:09 pm

Friend of mine just ordered me a kitt scanner today for my bit char g celica. Can't wait for that!! Hehe

BTW, the 3.0 celica comes in a kit with an included remote, so there's no need to buy another one. As far as speed, sorry but im not really sure which is faster standard.

[ October 07, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]

kitt88
Stranger

Post by kitt88 » Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:11 am

just get a black Trans Am r/c car and install the light inside it!

that might make it look like KITT [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:37 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centaurus17:
<STRONG>Friend of mine just ordered me a kitt scanner today for my bit char g celica. Can't wait for that!! Hehe

BTW, the 3.0 celica comes in a kit with an included remote, so there's no need to buy another one. As far as speed, sorry but im not really sure which is faster standard.

[ October 07, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've sent off my celica shell to get the scanner installed into the front of the hood. I'll have to wait another week and a half before I can go home to see what it looks like though (stuck at university)

Sarfraz

knightman
Operative

Post by knightman » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:04 pm

I notice the lights are on the front, i got an amt ertl model im building i like the bit charge ones but i do like mikes one better, any one know the sizes? and what are they all powered buy, 9volt batteries??
and can u get them from australia?? [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]