KRO visits the Knight Rider Set!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KRO visits the Knight Rider Set!

Post by neps » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:10 pm

justin_gun.jpg
justin_gun.jpg (43.26 KiB) Viewed 9798 times
Michael and I were welcomed onto the Santa Clarita set of Knight Rider!

We got to see the multiple sound stages of KR (Green Screen stage & the KITTCave), speak with the entire cast, watch some final footage, check out the special effects and more. We even got to meet z00story and his colleagues, who are realy doing top notch effects

We saw alot of things! And because of the fact that they were filming an episode several down the line, we have things that we can't reveal just yet. But we will be posting what we can over the few days and weeks ahead!

A huge thanks to the folks at NBCUniversal Publicity, the Cast and Crew of Knight Rider, and everyone who took some time out of their stressful schedule (both on camera and off) to give us a few moments of their time, we really really appreciate it. I hope everyone at KRO reading does too!

But most importantly, the one thing we heard more than anything else, was how much the success of this show meant to the people working on it. Many of them volunteer info saying that they visit this site, and how much they enjoy the constructive criticism we discuss here. Everyone on set really appreciates our support of the show, and it was a really nice feeling to hear people say that.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: KRO visits the Knight Rider Set!

Post by weeezl » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:18 pm

OMG! :shock:

All I can say is WOW!

I cant wait!

What was it like in the Kitt Cave, did it make you guys feel like big kids with all the gadgets & technology?

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:27 pm

Whoa...awesome stuff! :good:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:25 am

Just to echo what Neil said... it was an amazing day. There are so many thing that I want to share, so many things that we CAN'T. But NBC did tell us that we could confirm this: yes, we saw two turbo boost scenes. One of them was a complete scene, the other was partial before the final render. In terms of "style", one of them definitely brings a new look-and-feel to the turbo boost; the other seemed very classic, like something right out of the original series. Sorry I can't be more specific.

It was kind of funny; we could just tell that the fx guys were DYING to share what they've been working on and we were only to happy to let them. They're paying a lot of attention to details; there are elements in the HUD which people will probably never be able to see on TV, but the artistry is there. And they are working hard to keep a certain "logic" within the show.

With something like 400 fx shots in the first episode, I believe they said this is the most effects-heavy hour of television in history. So I think any fears about the 2-hour movie being kind of bland or dull-looking should be washed away.

Lots more to come.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:39 am

Cooolness!! :good:

Now it’s a good thing you labeled that picture Justin_gun or I might have missed him. :lol: Lol! Now I know they are gonna get a lot better than that! Hurry up NBC let us see them the suspense is killing me.
Humm... Maybe our new member Lichael Lajaro could tell us about lurbo loost. :mrgreen:

Ahhhh.
..News Page :D
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:51 am

Ahh yes, the news page, I know I sometimes forget about it. :lol: Awesome stuff! I'm sure you two had a heck of a time walking around, getting a tour from Bruce Davidson and seeing all the cool stuff and meeting people. :good: Can't wait to see all the stuff and info you guys brought back. I'm interested in seeing how this Surbo Coost looks, then again we'll be getting a peak in less than 48 hours. It'll be interesting to see where they take things.

The Yancey Arias preview seems to not exist or is unavailable. O_o
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:03 am

Thanks for the info guys! I hope you enjoyed your set visit! The certain details that you can't disclose to us yet I hope deals with a certain, oh lets say "Mythology" :). Anyway keep us posted and great stuff!

Joe

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:19 am

As if we weren't all excited enough!!!

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:59 am

You guys are (and have been) doing a bang up job of coverage. You deserve the opportunity to visit the sets and I'm happy to hear you have material for the exciting weeks to come. Kudos! :)
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 am

We've fixed the Yancy Arias preview, must have had a bad upload. Sorry.

Not sure how much in regards to old mythology we learned, and I know what you are hinting at :) We did learn however that the first six episodes will have little mythology in them, as modern TV treats these episodes as basically pilots. So that people can still jump into the show in the first few months, without being lost (pun intended).

This is also why they're able to easily move episodes around, such as the third shot became the 2nd to air - cause there isn't mythology continuity to worry about.

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:15 am

At first when I saw Kro visits Kight Rider Set...I thought you meant KRO from TKR. LoL I'm so dumb sometimes.
If at first you don't succeed...cheat, repeat, until caught...

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Since you were allowed to tell us about seeing the Turbo Boost.....are you by chance allowed to tell us if a certain sound effect was in there when it happened?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:23 am

Oooh nice new set photos! :good: That communications module sure is interesting. What do you do… push this here to talk? oh I see… Hallo hal you doing, can you hal me alright? :mrgreen:
Were those manuals blank on the inside? They look like an interesting read. :D
I’m liking that tunnel, I wonder what’s on the other side of the door?
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:28 am

I'm curious about that "Manufacturing & Restoration" room..... *Strokes non-existent beard.*
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:15 am

We've been posting alot of our set visit coverage! Still to come is touring the KITT cave and more...

http://knightrideronline.com/mt/mt-sear ... t&limit=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:25 am

Neps, I was to read everything and liked much of your work, really. Thank you!

Alex.

GTiGirl
Rookie

Post by GTiGirl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:42 am

Just have to say this: great work, thanks! :good:
Knight Rider Portugal: http://knightriderportugal.forumeiros.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;