KI2T and KI3T meeting

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Stylez
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KI2T and KI3T meeting

Post by Stylez » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:19 pm

I'm curious to know the opinions of the other forum dwellers as to how this would be handled in the new show. When and if both KITTs are in an episode how will they be referenced as they are both named KITT? When KITT is beckoned to the rescue will an argument ensue between the two KITTs as to which one is being called upon or will they resort to using their lengthy names, "Knight Industries Two Thousand" and "Knight Industries Three Thousand". Just a brain fart I had last night while trying to fall asleep... :idea:

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Re: KI2T and KI3T meeting

Post by March2875 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:07 pm

My guess would be each car would respond to Kitt but only from their respective partners. If Michael Knight says Kitt then the 2000 would respond, if its Mike Traceur then the 3000 responds. I guess the rest of the crew would all get a response from the 3000.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:35 pm

Michael approaches up to KITT while fliping on his old school leather jacket.

MK: “Were together once again buddy”
KITT: “It’s good to have you back Michael”
MK: (shouts) “Let’s do this!”

(Cuts to scene of MK putting KITT into drive and blasting into the desert with theme music in background.)

I can see it right now! I am hoping NBC can make time for DH & KI2T to return!

Joe

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:02 pm

Unless Michael just refers to his KITT as pal or buddy as he did on numerous occasions. And Michael Jr refers to his as partner.

I would think that the writers will come up with something plausable as to not confuse things in the story.

Either way, we will paying attention to one KITT, the KITT.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:58 pm

thats the spirit lads!

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:35 pm

we know about the talks between GST and DH but theres been no mention on WD so far...

does this mean we're getting michael knight without his KITT????

or maybe a 'soul survivor' scenario where the trans am is there but without the AI only this time MK has the car instead of the TV he carried in Devon's Merc... (loved that car too...)

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:46 pm

First off I am pretty sure WD would be back to reprise his role as KITT especially because it is serious and not some spoof, besides he did the MIO GPS.

Second, if and hopefully when KI2T and KI3T meet, they could refer to one as "Knight 2000" and the other "Knight 3000", I can't wait to see what smart-ass comments they will have for the original KITT to say to the new KITT about stealing his name :)

Joe

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:53 pm

The only problem I can see is the KITT used to love being a “one off” car & now he has been replaced by a newer dare I say it superior version I bet he will not live that!!!

What can KITT do that KI3T cannot??

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:32 pm

I think if they were smart, they would have the two cars play off eachohter. One insults, the other responds, it could get really funny if done right.

becky
Volunteer

Post by becky » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:19 pm

Perhaps it will be like an older generation meeting the newer generation scene. You know, where KI2T complains that KI3T is too rash/new/inexperienced/ill qualified and KI3T ignores the advice/calls KI2T outdated. :lol: I can see KI2T being all arrogant and such. KI3T seems a bit robotic to me. They say that he's going to be "learning" to act more emotional though. Maybe both cars will be the same? Or actually the same AI? Looks like we'll have to wait and see...

duddman
Volunteer

Post by duddman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:42 am

I think that if both cars were in the same episode it could make for some comic relief...

Michael Knight: KITT!
KI2T & KI3T: Yes, Michael.

By the way, with all this talk about KI2T, has anyone heard anything about whether William Daniels has been approached for the new series? Wouldn't be the same if they had to re-voice KI2T...
:spmgo:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:48 am

As of a few days ago from the conference call that was done, they haven't but I think they're more concerned about getting Hasselhoff on board first.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:56 pm

I also had another thought, if the 2 KITT's meet and all of a sudden KI2T gets glitchy and starts playing 80's pop, lol :)

Joe

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:38 pm

This is from the Newsrama interview so this should clear up anyone's thoughts:

"In the two hour, you did see bits and pieces of it," reports Thompson. "We're leaving that right now because there is an opportunity with David Hasselhoff returning at some point. We've discussed it and are discussing it. I don't know if it's going to happen just because of scheduling. It's something we are actually talking about so if we did do it, that would be the point I would want to bring Kitt back."