I Have Returned

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

I Have Returned

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:13 pm

Greetings,

I know I have been on hiatus for awhile and I wanted to take some time out of my increasingly busy schedule to clear up some confusion as of late that has been popping up on various boards as well as address some past issues I need to resolve. I also wanted to share with you some personal observations I have made during my time away from the KRO community.

I've had some time to step back and reflect on past events and I've come to the realization that there are some things I have said that may have been either unfair or misunderstood in the past. I want to convey that my focus isn't to dwell upon the past decisions I have made in terms of conflict and a difference of opinion.

I've said and done things in the past that some people view as unfair or crossing a line. While I will not apoogize for expressing my opinions, I will apologize for any past offenses I have made towards people who didn't deserve them and while I won't always agree with people who disagree with me I believe I can still respect a difference of opinion and the people who voice them.

I think the lines between opinion, debate, and arguements often get blurred in the heat of passion, especially when defending something as exciting and precious to our childhood memories like Knight Rider which comes with certain levels of expectation when it is tampered with.

I've said this before and I'll say it one more time. You cannot intimidate me, you cannot insult me, but you can reason with me. I mention this because I know there are people out there I will never seem to agree with or get along with and I have succumbed to the compulsion to defend myself on every level which has sometimes spilled too much into the public eye. I'm not a perfect person and I can make mistakes and atone for them.

So when it comes to debate, I'm all for that and when it comes to handling a disagreement in a respectful manner I can accept that too. When it comes to people who feel compelled to attack me or "knock me down a peg" because they confuse my confidence for arrogance, I will no longer cater to the need to defend myself. Instead I am going to try to use personal restraint to report this kind of conduct to the Mods and let them handle it, instead of responding to such situations which would cause yet another firefight that either ends up in being warned of having a thread locked out.

If I absolutely cannot find a compromise with people who wish to create conflict with me, I will simply ignore them and that will be the end of it. I believe at this point, I've proven that I'm not some kid in his parent's basement trying to make a name for himself by starting a flame war on the boards and I will not stand for being disrespected.

Additonally I am no longer interested in covering who supports what or who is promoting who on what community forum. I believe I have said all that needs to be said about this subject and to tell people to support Larson over NBCU or vice versa is just self destructive. I am going to let Glen handle his dispute with NBCU and leave it at that.

For what it's worth, despite my reservations about the backdoor pilot I think Neil and Michael have done an excellent job of keeping the Knight Rider community informed about the progress of Knight Rider for those who wish to hear about it. The accusation of baised at this point no longer applies .

At this point, I will address questions people ask me about this matter in private and I will try to clear up confusion when I can, if it's necessary to do so in public when it comes to Glen and NBCU.

I'd like to apologize to Neil and Michael for our past disputes over this subject not because anyone forces me to do so but because I feel at this venture, it is the right thing to do. I've settled my disagreements with the KRUK community and have been working to rebuild bridges that have been singed or burned.

My focus here is to try and keep unity and peace for the sake of the Knight Rider community. There are some forums I will not name that I will not find a compromise with and that's ok but KRO and KRUK do not have to be one of them. I will not sell out my morals or personal integrity for the sake of diplomacy.

With those things being said, I'd like to say I am pleased to return to the KRO community and once again do my voluntary job (I don't make a cent for this) of keepng the fans informed on the progress of the motion picture (that I can reveal) and getting people excited about the new ventures that Knight Rider is taking in the future.

Be it a series or a motion picture, Knight Rider is finally getting the attention it so justly deserves. Whether is the right kind of attention or the right format isn't as important as keeping the property alive and valuable not to the studios but to the fans who appreciate what it stands for and how it makes us feel inside.

I ask once again and for the last time to be given a fair chance to start over with a clean slate and try to get things right. I also ask the community, please do not confuse my passion or confidence for arrogance to and to excercise some caution when voicing a disagreement with me. I believe respect is a two way street and it needs to go both ways.

I'm an intelligent individual and I have a different manner of handling things, especially when it comes to debating a difference of opinion or pointing out inaccuracies when someone voices a disagreement with what I have to say. It's not personal, it's keeping things on track towards a better understanding of the subject of discussion.

With all that said... (A second time because I hit the back button on mistake and lost my FIRST attempt - ARGH)

On to business...

-puts on his autographed Stu Phillips CD, opens up some new browser tabs, and gets into the Knight Rider spirit-

=VK=
:dash:

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: I Have Returned

Post by knightprobe89 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:17 am

welcome back victor, its nice to hear that things are moving along with the feature film, thanks for keeping us informed.
in glen larson we trust.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:34 am

Good to hear from you Victor, please keep us informed as you have and can't wait to have this film in theater's.

BTW I am glad you are contributing to our ideas to help collaborate a good film, but I believe that these ideas are to be a helping hand rather than the basic line in making the film. I am sure Glen and the TWC can come up with some really neat idea's in the creation of a new and improved Knight Rider. Remember today we have all the technology from the 80's and KITT is going to have to be something that will blow our minds away!

Joe

PaoloM
Recruit

Post by PaoloM » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:42 pm

Welcome back Victor. Having watched the NBC pilot, and having liked some of the themes of the show, I have to admit that my thirst for some pure and original Knight Rider has increased. KR 2008 is not what I used to like. I respect what NBC is doing to appeal a new generation of fans but I feel that Glen Larson will keep supporting KITT 2000 and Michael Knight in the right way. I will stay tuned.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:34 am

Well, let me personally welcome you back VK. Since you left, I haven't heard ANY news on the new Larson movie project at all. What with the writers strike behind us now, you would think the Wienstiens ( is that how you spell it?), would have been moving along with Glen on the project. If you have anything to share, it would be very appreciated!
8)

:kitt: :karr: