No Need For Turbo Boost

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knightling
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

No Need For Turbo Boost

Post by Knightling » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:25 pm

At first I was peeved about not having turbo boost in the new show. But after watching it, and especially when KI3T was being chased he could calculate ahead of time possible outcomes of travel and come up with an perfect escape route. I'm sure this can be used in reverse when KI3T is in persuit of someone. KI2T never really had the luxury of a billion satalites and navigational gizmos that we have today...so turbo boost was a great tool to have for uncalculated obsticles.

GN_WS6
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: No Need For Turbo Boost

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Blah. They just forgot about it. THey spent too much $$ for that digital imaging crap and they didnt want to waste any $60k cars. Thats it. BTW, it sucks now that we have to refer to the REAL KITT as KI2T, thanks to this pos... :evil:
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:01 pm

I think we'll see Turbo Boost but they just didn't want to show you everything in the pilot. They want to leave things for the series. Who knows, maybe there'll be an ep where the need for Turbo Boost comes into question and they'll equip him with it then.

Apollo
Volunteer

Post by Apollo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:04 pm

I don't think that Mustang can jump lol

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:20 pm

it jumped in the Ford commercial. They simply ignored Turbo Boost in order to force the CGI down your throat. No need? There was no need to drive around aimlessly for the first 45 minutes. If you can jump a Dodge Charger in the late '70's, you can jump a Mustang. And 2 wheels? There is footage on youtube; there is a guy out there somewhere, i don't know what country it is in, but he get flatbed trucks on 2 wheels -- and for a considerable amount of time, too. and as for the theory that the producers wanted to show us all the other neat stuff instead of the same old Turbo Boost? Where was all that other neat stuff, b/c I for one am still waiting. In my opinion, I think if you're doing a pilot, you have to do alot more than in an ordinary series episode, to catch the audiences attention. So would a Turbo boos would've really hurt that movie? Even in CGI? How could it have hurt? I do still think, though, there there is potential for a series. How long it will last? Who knows :?:

Nismo
Volunteer

Post by Nismo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:32 pm

Apollo wrote:I don't think that Mustang can jump lol
but that double stack spoiler in the back may help it fly.

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:36 pm

I agree that technologically there isn't much need for turbo boost anymore. But so what? The whole point of it's use on the original show was because it was fun as hell to watch. That's the only reason the car did ANY of the things it could do on the old show.

The problem with trying to bring KITT into a more realistic world, as these new producers have done, is that you automatically take most of the fun out of it. Without all those fantastic gadgets of the original KITT, you're basically left with a glorified On-Star system, which is about all we got in last night's movie.

Nismo
Volunteer

Post by Nismo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:44 pm

I agree, gadgets and special capability bring out the "wow" factor of KITT, but hmm I don't know about this one. MK could just ride a Ford Focus with large spoilers and GPS for that matter. Computer effects is not going to cut it.

^ can't live up to that dashboard.