Interview with Ted Moser - KITT Builder Plus Photographs!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Interview with Ted Moser - KITT Builder Plus Photographs!

Post by neps » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:15 am

Hey,

We were experiencing alot of load yesterday, so I held off on posting another interview.

Here is our interview with Ted Moser! Ted was contracted by Harald Belker to build 6 KITTs for the Movie. He talks about this process and the future possibilities. He was also kind enough to provide us with 50 shots of various KITTs being constructed.

The Interview:
http://www.knightrideronline.com/news/2 ... _ted_m.php

The Photos:
http://www.knightrideronline.com/news/2 ... graphs.php

As a side note, still to come is an Interview with David Bartis and the SFX company handling the visual effects.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Interview with Ted Moser - KITT Builder Plus Photographs!

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am

Read the interview earlier this morning. He did have a point about the 80s and not so muscular "muscle cars" though it really doesn't matter when it comes to fiction in TV or movies. Good interview and a little interesting insight the durability issue with the KI3K.....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:48 pm

I have to agree too on the 80s T/A being called "muscle car". I remember when I saw the '82 KR Pilot and I said to my dad "That's not a Trans Am! I don't know what the hell that is, but that's no Trans Am!" I was miffed at what GM did to it! I loved the '77 Smokey and the Bandit T/A and to me THAT was a T/A. I wasn't too nuts about the Camaro-like schnoz on the later models 79-81 though. I thought they weren't making it too distinct between Camaro and T/A. But eventually I grown to love the 3rd Gen T/As thanks to the KR show.

Now the Ford Mustang - That's awesome! I read how people hate it. I LOVE it! :) I always loved those cars and would dream of getting a red one with white racing stripes similar to the KITT (but an earlier model like 2000s or something). That car ROCKS! I don't have anything against Fords myself. I like them. I'm not too much a fan of Chevy except the Celebrity sedans. I've always been a big Pontiac fan but as of the last several years, they really haven't put out anything I felt interested in other than possibly the G6 and Grand Prix.

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:36 am

While not absolutely terrible, he did a poor job with the "attack" KITT. The concept drawings of the "attack" KITT look better than the actual car. The front of the car just looks too cheap and slapped on, especially the grill. The double wings look dumb, but that was Belker's fault, not his.

Yeah, cars were wimpy in the '80s. But of course that is a non-issue for the original KITT, because they swapped the wimpy 305 motor with a 350 motor and using all the cool burnouts in the original KR as evidence, it had plenty of power! In fact, I haven't seen the Mustang do any burnouts half as cool as the T/A in any of the previews as of yet. :roll: There better be some cool burnouts in the TV movie, or I will be the first to complain!
One man did make a difference.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:10 am

89IROCNDoug wrote:While not absolutely terrible, he did a poor job with the "attack" KITT. The concept drawings of the "attack" KITT look better than the actual car. The front of the car just looks too cheap and slapped on, especially the grill. The double wings look dumb, but that was Belker's fault, not his.

Yeah, cars were wimpy in the '80s. But of course that is a non-issue for the original KITT, because they swapped the wimpy 305 motor with a 350 motor and using all the cool burnouts in the original KR as evidence, it had plenty of power! In fact, I haven't seen the Mustang do any burnouts half as cool as the T/A in any of the previews as of yet. :roll: There better be some cool burnouts in the TV movie, or I will be the first to complain!
Yeah, the attack KITTs grill is ugly and the double wings are dumb, I agree on that. But I don't think the concept drawings are that cool. The drawing is as dumb as the wings, I don't like all those "Fast and Furious" extra exausts, wings and body kits. The standard version looks cool, though, except for the grey racing stripes. All black would be better.

That said, I think the Mustang is a cool choice for the car. Since in the 80s there were no real muscle cars, maybe this is the evolution of KITT. It's 100% better than a supersports car.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:11 am

i agree about the attack KITT. I cannot appreciate the whole attack KITT concept at all. I mean, the car is only bulletproof.indestructible sometimes? I don't get it.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:34 am

i totally agree with what you said about the attack mode! looks like a fast and furious rip off!

the Mustang hero car is very cool, i just wish they would remove the grey racing stripes and add the blacked out tail lights that the attack mode car has!