Big Question: what happened to KI2T?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Big Question: what happened to KI2T?

Post by Skav » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:32 pm

If they retain the characters from the Pilot then they should retain ALL the plot points too. Ignoring things will just make the series a mess.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:41 pm

So people are saying there was only ever one licence plate and steering wheel built???

Of course not.

There is no evidence proving that is realKITT

Stuntman Lee
Rookie

Post by Stuntman Lee » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:38 pm

I just watched the Pilot again and I can only see 2 Trans-Am's.
Love child of The Hoff.

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:20 pm

There's just so much speculation to be made, I actually doubt we have a chance to hit the mark! Hahahah...
Maybe his current position is related to why his successor is learning... which is also related to the reason for his existence. Remember the original KRO GST interview?
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:33 pm

The gull wing steering wheel means nothing since it wasn't anything more than an Easter egg, plus it was the one only used in the pilot/Knight of the Phoenix. I forget who it was, but he's a member here IIRC, that was the owner of it and the people who approached him said it didn't matter, if it doesn't matter then either the people were clueless or knew that all that was intended was for it to be was a Easter egg.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:55 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:The gull wing steering wheel means nothing since it wasn't anything more than an Easter egg, plus it was the one only used in the pilot/Knight of the Phoenix. I forget who it was, but he's a member here IIRC, that was the owner of it and the people who approached him said it didn't matter, if it doesn't matter then either the people were clueless or knew that all that was intended was for it to be was a Easter egg.
I believe it was Rob Louisell's replica parts and all he happened to have available on such short notice was the Seasons 1-2 dashboard. Thankfully the director of the backdoor pilot cut out the footage of the dashboard for continuity's sake, as it was supposed to have been the Seasons 3-4 dash. The license plate, however, still had the Seasons 1-2 stickers on it that shouldn't have been on there since we last saw K.I.T.T. in "Voo Doo Knight." As for the gullwing wheel, the lettering threw off the continuity, yes, but it also at least served a minor purpose in reminding the casual viewer that this was the "first K.I.T.T." if they happened to notice.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:19 am

Here is a screen cap that BoMcD posted on the knightfoundation.net board after the pilot was aired. I believe he brightened it up a bit.

You can see that there are 2 complete cars (one under a cover) and then KI3T at the top right. The partially deconstructed car is off at the top left.

http://www.laboratory3.com/post/kitt_lives_hd.jpg

Hope this helps :)

-Matt
Last edited by KiTT316 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:44 am

KiTT316 wrote:Here is a screen cap that BoMcD posted on the knightfoundation.net board after the pilot was aired. I believe he brightened it up a bit.

You can see that there are 2 complete cars (one under a cover) and then KI3T at the top right. The partially deconstructed car is off at the top left.

http://www.laboratory3.com/post/kitt_lives_hd.jpg

Hope this helps :)

-Matt
It definitely does! :good:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:29 am

this thread from february has some good photos of this shot, including this one that is pretty well brightened up

viewtopic.php?p=131197#p131197

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Makes you wonder why there are THREE 82 Trans Ams in that shop. One could assume that KI2T is the one that was partially dismantled, and one of the others could be KARR, but what is the third one??? I hope they don't forget about this shot in the series...

Maybe a backup body??

-Matt

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:16 pm

I still believe that none of those were the original KITT. Charles worked on KITT from the beginning, then they hid him away. It is safe to assume since he was in hiding, he only had access to the prototypes and parts he had from the beginning. This is why they are season 1/2 parts and items from the pilot only. Bonnie did the upgrades on our hero car for Season 3 while all Charles had was the two-dash models.

And I don't know about other people, but when I try to create something, or especially modify something, I will have more than one of each piece in case I mess something up. I am sure Charles was the same way.

I am sure our KITT is with Michael, and he will return when Michael does to help Mike out of trouble. I agree with everyone, having them come out to find Mike and KI3T when they get in trouble would be the best idea. It will give them a chance to "ride again" while contributing to the new story line.
Last edited by KnightCrusader99 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:16 pm

KiTT316 wrote:Makes you wonder why there are THREE 82 Trans Ams in that shop. One could assume that KI2T is the one that was partially dismantled, and one of the others could be KARR, but what is the third one??? I hope they don't forget about this shot in the series...

Maybe a backup body??

-Matt
The third car is the Knight 3000.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:19 pm

KnightCrusader99 wrote:I still believe that none of those were the original KITT. Charles worked on KITT from the beginning, then they hid him away. It is safe to assume since he was in hiding, he only had access to the prototypes and parts he had from the beginning. This is why they are season 1/2 parts and items from the pilot only. Bonnie did the upgrades on our hero car for Season 3 while all Charles had was the two-dash models.

And I don't know about other people, but when I try to create something, or especially modify something, I will have more than one of each piece in case I mess something up. I am sure Charles was the same way.

I am sure our KITT is with Michael, and he will return when Michael does to help Mike out of trouble. I agree with everyone, having them come out to find Mike and KI3T when they get in trouble would be the best idea. It will give them a chance to "ride again" while contributing to the new story line.
Not a bad theory, but I don't see any reason why Graiman would need a back-up license plate, especially when it's no longer a valid plate in 2008. I think one of them is the real K.I.T.T. The second Trans Am is likely to be either an impostor or possibly K.A.R.R., but I don't think it's likely.

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:33 pm

No, the third car isn't the 3000. The 3000 is shown in the pics above, but the partially dismantled car is not. It is up at the top of the pic toward the center where the lights are coming from. So there are actually 4 cars in the garage....

-Matt

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:59 pm

KiTT316 wrote:No, the third car isn't the 3000. The 3000 is shown in the pics above, but the partially dismantled car is not. It is up at the top of the pic toward the center where the lights are coming from. So there are actually 4 cars in the garage....

-Matt
Yes, there are 4 cars in the garage, but I was talking about the third car visible in the photos above. The dismantled car is what appears to be an ordinary Trans Am as the engine of one is shown and you can also catch a glimpse of its hood hanging off of the ceiling as the Blackriver guys walk past. So we know for certain that at least one of the Trans Ams is an ordinary one. Graiman was likely cannibalizing them and/or swapping parts.

Stuntman Lee
Rookie

Post by Stuntman Lee » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:04 pm

Oooh it is a pickle! Maybe the Trans-Ams were put there in the pilot so that it would get people on Knight Rider forums to come up with ideas as to why they could be there in the first place? :D

I have a theory: Maybe none of them are the original KITT but were produced as part of a unsuccessful FLAG program to have duplicate 'one man & his car' teams out doing different missions.

:kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2:
Love child of The Hoff.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:21 pm

Stuntman Lee wrote:Oooh it is a pickle! Maybe the Trans-Ams were put there in the pilot so that it would get people on Knight Rider forums to come up with ideas as to why they could be there in the first place? :D

I have a theory: Maybe none of them are the original KITT but were produced as part of a unsuccessful FLAG program to have duplicate 'one man & his car' teams out doing different missions.

:kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2: :kitt2:
Sounds like a good possibility! :good: Maybe when GST said we're having a KARR soon,maybe it would be an evil clone of KI3T that got glitched,and not an evil twin.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9