Season 1 Marathon

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Judd
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Season 1 Marathon

Post by Judd » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:16 pm

White Bird:

Another great episode. There wasn't a whole lot of action in it. The story was more of a character piece but it worked well. The action scenes were good like when K.I.T.T. jumped throught that board or when K.I.T.T. tore the plane in half.

I enjoyed the scenes of K.I.T.T. driving at night. They looked great.

The ending was quite sad. The script was more mature than some of the other episodes.

I thought it was a good drama and one of the better episodes.

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:44 pm

Knight Moves:

I thought this was a good but not great episode. The story was involving, the stunts were well done and there was humor in it like K.I.T.T.'s CB talk and the two men trying to damage K.I.T.T.

It wasn't as good as some of the other episodes but it wasn't bad. It came across as a filler episode but a well done filler episode.

I did enjoy it and didn't think it was bad but it wasn't an all time favorite.

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:07 pm

Nobody Does it Better:

I liked this one. It had a good mystery to it which kept changing. I enjoyed seeing those older video games. Some of those games are more fun to play than the newer ones.

At first we don't quite know who's behind the plot. I liked the twist when they revealed Micheal was the burglar. We meet the female P.I. and the man she's spying on.

Not every episode can be an event episode. We love those episodes and we remember them but they couldn't have them on every week. This episode was good and had some nice touches in it like when Bonnie was playing the game in K.I.T.T.

It was enjoyable.

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Short Notice:

I liked it but thought some parts of it were boring. I did enjoy seeing Robin Curtis. The plot did have some interesting parts. Micheal getting accused of murder, the biker gang and the woman who was relectant to help him. The scenes with the little girl and K.I.T.T. were fun. the showdown between the regular car and K.I.T.T. was amusing.

The road trip scenes dragged some. There wasn't a whole lot of action in it either just a few stunts but they weren't that exciting. I did like seeing K.I.T.T. racing through the water.

It wasn't a bad episode and there were things to enjoy about it. Some parts of it were kind of poky.

I will watch the special features on the disk and comment on them.

Watching these stories again after so many years has been quite enjoyable.

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

The bonus features weren't up to much. I wanted more. Universal usually doesn't have much in the way of extras on their DVD's. The original Battlestar Galactica has many extras which are really nice (interviews, deleted scenes, outtakes)but their other DVD's have little if any extras on them.

I wanted to know more about the car stunts and behind the scenes of the series than what was presented. I guess we're lucky to get anything. The blueprint extra was kind of pointless.

I am going to watch Knight Rider 2000. I saw it once when it first aired and didn't like it.

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:44 am

Knight Rider 2000:

Thatwas a train wreck. I did like the scenes with Micheal and Devon when he went to see him at the cabin. The rest of it didn't work. The setting for the story made no sense. The futuristic setting was highly improbable. The Shawn character wasn't very interesting. Devon death wasn't handled well. K.I.T.T.'s character was off.

I don't believe 57 Chevy's passanger compartments are airtight. I didn't make any sense that the chip in Shawn's head used to belong to K.I.T.T. The Knight Four Thousand was yuck. A bright red car with a red scanner in the front isn't Knight Rider.

The whole thing didn't work. The setting, the new car, the new characters and the storyline didn't fit.