So this new K.I.T.T. isn't the original K.I.T.T.?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightLady
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: So this new K.I.T.T. isn't the original K.I.T.T.?

Post by KnightLady » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:32 am

McTrooper wrote:
Phoenix wrote:This is what bothers me the most. Since this new K.I.T.T. is not the original A.I. then what happened to the original K.I.T.T.? Was he destroyed, or did F.L.A.G. dismantle him? Will the new t.v. movie tell us what happend to the original K.I.T.T.?

I think it's a mistake to have a "new" K.I.T.T., they should have taken orignal K.I.T.T. and "update" him putting him in the new car. The same way they did with the Knight Rider 2000 movie.
They need a very good reason for K.I.T.T. to be out of commission! I hope there is something logical like Old K.I.T.T. was hit with an EMP blast that erased his circuits, programing, and memory. It was unthinkable that the 2000 movie said they just mothballed K.I.T.T.
Exactly. Look at how many time KITT was destroyed and rebuilt again during the original KR. So, yes I agree they need a good reason for the original KITT to be mothballed.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:15 am

True and I really hope they weren't serious about not contradicting KR2000 because I'm sure the people who'd care fall into a very small minority. EMP wouldn't work though, KITT's "data" would be backed up and I dunno it seems to me that Bonnie or someone when KITT (or even KARR) was built would have thought of that and provided protection from it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:30 am

I don't think we are going to find out what happened to KITT in this movie. Its going to be more about the new characters. We probably wont find out until this goes to series.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:13 am

neps wrote:I don't think we are going to find out what happened to KITT in this movie. Its going to be more about the new characters. We probably wont find out until this goes to series.
This would make sense. This telepic is meant to serve as a back-door pilot. If they just give everything away in the movie there won't be a whole lot left over to cover in a show. The fact that we're getting da Hoff briefly at least shows us Michael is still around (though in what capacity should be interesting to find out). I don't actually expect we'll find out what happened to the 2000, Bonnie, April or Devon unless a series is made.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:08 am

Of course, they can't explain everything at once, especially if they want a series to come out of this. I'm sure when the series comes about they'll take their time with explain things and the "where are they nows" or at least I hope so. To me, if they jump into it right away it'll make them look desperate if they over do it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Aurora.
Stranger

Post by Aurora. » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:30 pm

KnightLady wrote:
KNIGHT372 wrote:i like the new K.I.T.T. better than the 1st cuz the ne wone has more attitude than the 1st one and also thenew one i sa little more cockier in his voice than the orignal K.I.T.T. come on people its just a little change and it is not the end of the world so it wont kills us kk. :kitt: :kitt2:

I don't think it's the end of the world for Knight Rider because they are making these changes, but it's more like they are going from one extreme to another. Yeah, the 80s T/A was popular in it's time and now the Mustang is popular now. From what I'm reading reading and comprehending out of this thread, and other debates in this forum on the old vs. new KR, is that people are missing the link that binds original era of KR to this era of KR. Having KITT dismantled is basically sacreligious to some KR purists and well as having this Mustang on the plate as new KITT is a downright sin. I'll admit to a certain extent I'm having problems with adjusting to the new KITT being a Mustang. It's not that I don't like Ford or Mustang, it more like, and I have said this before in other threads, that they should've kinda kept with the original concept of KITT, but updated it's look. It's more of a continuation that way, instead of a extreme.
Well think about this, What would they use for K.A.R.R. I mean come on No one wants to see a grocery getter with a swiveling light go, YOUR TIME HAS COME. If they they couldn't being the Trans AM back hell why not use an 06 GTO. It's got the Pontiac Look and they'd be cheap to work on. thats just my idea, Ford is probaly using this movie to get sales thier not number one anymore which makes me happy. [: 82 Trans Am Forever. :kitt: :kittconv: :kittside:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:08 pm

McTrooper wrote:I'd rather have K.I.T.T. die than be dismantled.
After reading the comingsoon interview: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=41270 and watching the latest Scifi channel interviews http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.ph ... 0&id=47690, I think we may actually get a hint of what happened to the 2000 in this movie, but not a full explanation.

We know from the 2 minute preview that Greg Ellis' character (the "bad guy" of the piece) and his team find remnants of the Two Thousand presumably while hunting for Bruce Davison's character. Between that and Davison's comments that his character is "in hiding" at the beginning of the film I suspect that in an attempt to keep the 2000's secrets from falling into the wrong hands, he probably stripped down whatever was important in the 2000, including the AI and ran for it.

In the Comingsoon interview the producer states that he likes to believe a piece of the old KITT may be integrated into the 3000, though I'm sure the movie won't have time to go into this at length it is good speculation fodder.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

McTrooper
Volunteer

Post by McTrooper » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:27 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:True and I really hope they weren't serious about not contradicting KR2000 because I'm sure the people who'd care fall into a very small minority. EMP wouldn't work though, KITT's "data" would be backed up and I dunno it seems to me that Bonnie or someone when KITT (or even KARR) was built would have thought of that and provided protection from it.
Hmm . . I hadn't thought about backups . . say if they did back up KARR that brings a whole new way to bring him back. Not just a scientist that found the parts in the desert or something.

On the EMP point though . . I just have trouble imagining the foundation would be prepared for such an unlikely situation. Though now that I think about it . . there would definitely be some kind of electrical shielding.
KnightLady wrote: Exactly. Look at how many time KITT was destroyed and rebuilt again during the original KR. So, yes I agree they need a good reason for the original KITT to be mothballed.
So what would be a good reason for KITT to be out of the picture? Should I start another thread or continue here?