New KITT Suggestions

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Skav » Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:16 pm

While I want KITT in his original form, it would backfire. it's meant to be an undercover law enforcement vehicle and since the 1982 TA is now very old, it would bring more attention to KITT than swaying.

So, I'm up for a updated version of the TA but it has to be something 'normal' and not stupid looking like ive seen with a lot of pics lately.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SWerni
Rookie

Post by SWerni » Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:23 pm

Hi KFCreator ,

I first have to say awesome job you´ve did here. I would like to present your concepts the german fans... can you give me the working links for the pictures? (I also can place the pics on my webserver if you need some webspace:))

Here is just a Poster from the german Board user named Garthe Knight

ok its just a try.. but i think looks good

YOurs Sandra

David Whiteheart
Operative

Re: Here's my new updated design for KITT in the movie!

Post by David Whiteheart » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:51 pm

KFCreator, great pictures. I hope David got the hint. If it ain't a TA it's NOT KITT!

Dave

bravdawg
Stranger

kitt movie car idea

Post by bravdawg » Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:59 pm

i was talking to my dad about about the new KR movie. they should start with the 82 trans am and somethig should happe cause an upgrade in kitt.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:03 am

i'm sure the pics are great, but i can't see them. seems that they are not there anymore. is there a chance that you can upload them again???
please

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:03 pm

They're there. Try refreshing your browser. If that doesn't work, you might want to check your browser settings, they may have somehow changed to not show pictures. Or for that matter, you might have caught the message during one of those times that the server hiccuped, or was down for maintenance.

KI

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:51 am

knightimmortal wrote:They're there. Try refreshing your browser. If that doesn't work, you might want to check your browser settings, they may have somehow changed to not show pictures. Or for that matter, you might have caught the message during one of those times that the server hiccuped, or was down for maintenance.

KI

well, this one doesn't work for me, and i can't see the colored version neither. :(
Last edited by Kaine on Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:08 pm

Kaine wrote: i'm sure the pics are great, but i can't see them. seems
that they are not there anymore. is there a chance that
you can upload them again??? please
I can only see the b&w set of designs, but I can't see the colour designs.
I pressed the reload button thrice, and I've got the Image Permissions
in all my browsers set up to display all images, aside from blocking
banners and images that originate from advertising servers . . .

WannaBKnight
Rookie

Post by WannaBKnight » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:00 pm

Since no one else is saying anything..

This happend..

It was called Knight Rider 2000. The Big Red Tomato.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:25 pm

Yes, but KR2000 and TKR will have nothing to do with the movie. Glen Larson and David aren't happy wiith the way those versions were made. So its possible for the new movie to still include the 82.

WannaBKnight
Rookie

Post by WannaBKnight » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:32 pm

Hmmmm.. OK.. Interesting...

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:38 pm

And that, above, was speculation.

Hasselhoff actually didn't mind KR2K, he did it, after all.

Larson didn't like any of it, but that isn't to say that there may or may not be some kind of reference in it. We don't know. We don't have enough information to say for certain. So let's not, shall we?

As for the 82 TA, back in 82, that was not a problem. In the present day, getting them is. There, at the most may be some brief showing of it, probably off of one of our community conversions. But other than that, I can't see them damaging what has become a bit of a collector's treasure for the action that we all crave. (And the first one that says 'let's go all CGI....gets shot, because that means that you are blind, easily fooled, and have no taste!)

KI

WannaBKnight
Rookie

Post by WannaBKnight » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:47 pm

I will argue that issue..

Although I am not for total CGI, I think some can't hurt. If we had CGI in 82' KR could have been that much better.

But there is overkill, can you say Jar Jar?

Am I saying we should animate the car? No!
But allot can be improved on through CGI.

M

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:51 pm

Read what I said. Read it carefully.

I said the first one that says that "Let's go ALL CGI" gets shot.

I don't mind SOME CGI.

If you are gonna argue, make sure that there is an argument to argue first. But all stunts done by CGI is going to look extremely tacky.

KI

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:53 pm

knightimmortal wrote: (And the first one that says 'let's go all CGI....gets shot, because that means that you are blind, easily fooled, and have no taste!)
You supply the gun, I'll supply the bullets.

I'm sure they'll do SOME CGI in the movie, but they better not use it as a crutch. I'd like them to plan every single stunt as if a real car could do it, and then bring in the computers to erase the ramps from the scene.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

WannaBKnight
Rookie

Post by WannaBKnight » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:53 pm

Sorry

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Jan 10, 2003 8:43 pm

Don't worry about it, it's a pretty easy mistake. ;)

KI

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:18 pm

An again I bring up if they found enough 69 Dodge Chargers for two tv Dukes movies they can certainy find enough 82-85 T/A's for the KR Film.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:37 pm

What you saw was a bunch of shells, and well, when we are coming up with special effects between the two, let's sit down and look at them.

Dukes: Driving around, kicking up dirt, the occasional jump over something with the obligatory 'YEEEEEEEE-HAAAAA'

Knight Rider: Turbo boosts, ski, a whole lot of smacking into things, going through objects, having things flip over him, etc.

Stop and look at the Dukes reunion movies. They didn't go as heavy into stunts as they should have, they had a little more plot line, and they also got a little hot and heavy into miniatures. Not to mention, the Dodge Chargers were probably not all that hard to turn up, since a lot of them were sitting around for their collector's views, or in yards, without heavy modifications to them. An 82 T/A is either beaten up to hell and gone, and difficult to use, or in a conversionist's garage with a whole lot of modifications to them. Very rarely do you find something inbetween.

Not to mention: KITT would stick out like a sore thumb now. If the movie were set in the here and now, KITT would look a lot like the older car on the road, if it were set in the future, KITT would look even older. If it were set in the past, it would be ok, but Hasselhoff would stick out like a sore thumb. He has changed drastically, to the point that even makeup couldn't fix it all, unless he wore a full mask, and lost a lot of his body mass. One of the charms of KR was to have KITT blend in. He looked like a hot car of the day, but he was still a 'Hot Car of the Day'.

KI

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:42 pm

While your probably right on the less stunts and use of miniatures. I strongly disagree that The Dodge Charger is just sitting around the junkyard. They are classic cars. where 82-85 T/A's are still all over the road. Not a day goes by I don't see multiple numbers of them.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:37 pm

First, I didn't say they were in junkyards. Read carefully. I said that they were in their Collector's yards.

Second, there are not that many T/A's in good enough practical shape to be bought from their owners, and wrecked. Just like the Chargers were not really there. You probably had one camera car, and others were mounted miniatures.

If you are going to strongly disagree, make sure that you are strongly disagreeing in the right area.

KI

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:54 pm

Your right I misread it. Sorry.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:17 pm

They could have the best of both worlds by filming new sequences using the old KITT body... maybe as a flashback, and then bring in the new KITT.

I think there are lots of old Trans Ams out there. Especially in places like L.A. where cars hardly rust at all. I still see some KITT-style firebirds on the highway. If the people at Knight Registries are still finding plenty of cars to use for their conversions, there's no doubt in my mind that Universal could find as many as they needed with very little difficulty.

I think the decision whether or not to include an 82 Trans Am in the movie will be a purely creative decision and won't have anything to do with availability. Even if it was just part of the opening credits, it would be cool to see the original KITT on the big screen, even briefly.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:26 pm

GM made literally 100s of 1000s of the 3rd gen cars. They are not rare. Granted Kitts 1982 Recaro edition LE is, any model 82-92 can easily become one, ebay is a wonderfull thing for auto parts :D . Also, being F bodies they are relatively easy to restore and they are really cheap now. I don't think that is the issue. The issue is Kitt needs to be updated. Even an 02 'bird would work. I am the biggest fan of the the 3rd gen car, don't get me wrong, but lets move on. I mean even Austin Powers had to update his 'Shaguar.' As long as an American car is chosin I'll be happy. I mean would 'Star Trek' be the same if Picard was trolling around the galaxy in Kirk's old 60s Enterprise. If the technology has been updated I think the car should be changed to reflect that too. And we all know Revolution is going to try to appeall to the younger crowds out there, not us old timers! I think we should be worrying about Revolution making Kitt an Accura or bangin' dope Civic, yo :evil: ! I hate to say it, but the day of the 3rd gen has passed :cry: . Long live the F-body!
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:53 pm

*sigh* Can we at least agree that seeing KITT in his old body isn't feasable, or are we going to beat the crap out of each other on that too? Or more specifically, gang up on Knightimmortal for it?

KI