Idea for new series

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Idea for new series

Post by HungarianKnight » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:20 am

Howdy! My brain exploded under the pressure of my university examinatiin period so I had an idea: Knight Rider, the New Generation. It is set in the present with some new characters.

The characters:

Michael knight: The boss (in the role of Devon)
Thomas "Tom" Eliott: The pilot
Dr. Lynn Cohen: The technican
Kitt: The car with some upgrades like a new, curved nose, new rear spoiler, new dash, etc.
"Mr. Bishop": The misterious arc-nemesis (if someone read the original KR novels, than he or she'll know who Mr. Bishop actually is)

Episode #1: The new generation: The pilot episode would tell that TKR is shut down after Kitt was recovered. Now Michael is the boss and Kitt's main dudy is software research. After a misteriuos hacker attack against old FLAG data (about the original KR missions), led by a man calling himself Mr. Bishop, Michael is forced to take down the case. Kitt is installed back into the car upgraded by Dr. Lynn Cohen and they try to catch the hackers. Yet Michael is injured and must find his "offspring" as the new pilot. The new Knight Rider is Tom Eliott, a man who is ready for the 21th century. He's not just a good fighter with good intuitions, he's also a computer expert. He and Kitt fight their own little wars at the beginning, but at the end, they become good friends. At the end of the episode, they can catch some of the hackers, yet Mr. Bishop escapes.

Episode #2: Swarm: About a computer virus called Swarm. Kitt is infected and the team fights for his life.

Episode #3: False profit: About the hunt for the distributors of counterfit money.

Episode #4: Latin dreams: Starts where the previous episode ended: false money is used to dstroy the financial system of the US. The cause: a Mexican extremist political group wants chaos which could help them conquer New Mexico, than Texas and so on.

Episode #5: Rising sun: An ex-jakuza (sorry for the spelling) member is chased by his former allies. The FLAG team helps him and fights against the hight of organized crime.

Episode #6: Knight of the Werewolf: An ancient legend seems to be reborn and scaring away the citizens of a small town. Tom and Kitt are called to investigate the mistery.

Episode #7-8: In thy image: Mr. Bishop signals some data about the stolen FLAG files to Kitt's computer. Some dark circumstances about the creation of Karr and unknown facts about the founding of FLAG are revealed. Accoring to Mr. Bishop, there was an AI unit before Kitt and Karr and this comuter is in the position of Mr. Bishop.

What do you think about all this, people?

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:31 am

Very interesting! 8)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:57 am

I think you have some very interesting ideas. I especially like Knight of the Werewolf. There's nothing better than a little mythological mystery. :D
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:08 pm

Sounds good, so get writing so we can read it!

-Scott

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:50 pm

Yea, sounds very good!

I like how some of the stories of these episodes are very much in style of the original series ie KITT being infected by a virus and the 'False Profit' episode, which would seem to be an ordinary story for KR.

Good thinking! :wink:

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:54 pm

i think its a bit too make-believe to be like the original series
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:37 pm

Now now, most of the original series was rather make believe as well. Especially TKR.
James_kr wrote:i think its a bit too make-believe to be like the original series

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:08 pm

Who's Mr. Bishop? I have the first 3 novels and read them all but don't recall any Mr. Bishop. I read Knight Rider (pilot), Trust Doesn't Rust and Hearts of Stone.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:54 am

tkr was way too make believe kitt could almost become real

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:15 pm

he is real (build the car) :lol:

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:14 pm

with the technology today you could almost do the things he could all turbo boost looks like it would need is some sort of high pressure gas that works like a rocket and maybe to do the turbo boost jump you could add something to the shocks to make the car bounce and you might get some air.