will it fit my Garage?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

smallcar
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

will it fit my Garage?

Post by smallcar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:58 am

Hi all, Im new here please help.

Can anyone tell me how long Kitt is with the correct additional nose cone? and how wide is it.
I suspect itll have a job fitting in my garage but then it seemed to squeeze into Knight industries mobile workshop easily enough.javascript:emoticon(':?')

Also, if you know of either a complete car or a donor that reside in UK let me know too.
Thanks I know one of you will come up with an answer :?:
I so want one but will it fit my garaage?

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:02 pm

hi mate,

ive got a replica myself but i havnt got a garage, just a drive way and it takes up all of that, if you have a pretty standard size garage then chances are a Trans Am wont fit in there. what car you got at the minute ? hows that for space ? i havnt got the exact measurements of the car though.

as for getting one, theres usually a few firebird on ebay.co.uk, infact there is one at the minute which would be a great starter car, a 91 firebird in black and its also got the correct turbocast rims with caps

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-PONTIAC-FIRE ... dZViewItem

over on http://www.knightrideruk.com sometimes people pop up with cars for sale in the buy and sell section, thats how i ended up with mine :)

peter
Recruit

Car lengt

Post by peter » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:03 am

The basic third generation firebird / trans am in original stock
is 4.90 meters long.
The third generation firebird/trans am with a MCKknight rider nose is 5.15 meters long.

A tip is if you can fit a volvo 240 in your garage then it fits

I hope this helps.

All the best
Peter

smallcar
Stranger

will it fir may garaage

Post by smallcar » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:14 am

Thanks for that info, no one mentioned width, A volvo 240 does fit but its a particularly narow car. length isnt a problem but its good to have a definite size. My special problem is our garage door is accessed from an alley way so I am having to work this out very carefully.
I so want one but will it fit my garaage?