The Cadillac Cien-Knight Rider Connection

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Nexus
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The Cadillac Cien-Knight Rider Connection

Post by Nexus » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:37 pm

I was browsing IGN's Cars Channel recently, reading an article on Cadillac's new 100th-Anniversary Cien prototype:

A passage from page 2 of the article caught my fancy:
Electronically controlled air inlets and outlets are integrated into the Cien's body side. These active vents open and close as required for cooling--think Knight Rider.
Also:
The Cien also features an active spoiler that adjusts automatically depending upon the speed of the vehicle
SPM, baby! ...kinda. It's also got Night Vision, OnStar, Rear Parking Assist, and voice-activated controls. But wait, there's more! "Additionally, the interior of the Cien features a digital instrument display relaying all of the vehicle's functions, including diagnostics and satellite navigation, to the driver. LCD screens display images from the rearview cameras."

Sweet ride! Here's the link: http://cars.ign.com/articles/494/494664p1.html

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:44 pm

I didnt know that car had all that and also I have a hot wheels of it.

lofer
Rookie

Post by lofer » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:43 pm

Can be this car the new KNIGHT RIDER? The new KITT in the movie? I like it so much! I think it's perfect!
http://www.elcochefantastico.net

... un hombre que no existe en un mundo lleno de peligros ...

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:45 am

lofer wrote:Can be this car the new KNIGHT RIDER? The new KITT in the movie? I like it so much! I think it's perfect!
Dude, it is! Someone get a hold of... eh... the movie-maker peoples! Show them this car!

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:19 am

SPM?

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:58 am

Actually,i its been around for a year or two...or at least on paper cause it was covered in an old Motor Trend I have at home. Very beautiful car. it has a V-12 in it if I remember correctly, but it will most likely never see production :(

Sweet ride. Upon seeing and reading about that in my Motortrend, I automatucally though "New KITT!"

Nick

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:31 pm

It's a nice car but the front end looks odd and not KR-ish. It would look great in black though.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:43 pm

I like the car, but I don't see KITT nor KARR in it. Maybe a new car.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:15 am

Good design, but better suited for "The fast and the furious" or "2 fast 2 furious" than Knight Rider. If it's KR, stick to the third generation Pontiac Trans Ams and nothing else, since they're the best fits. Everyone knows how well the Banshee/Stealth mix fit into the movie KR2000- it had no place at all, just a fancy-looking car. Even KITT would not like being in that vehicle, which is why he was always complaining. Besides, would you want to see a Ford Mustang from the 60's feature as KITT? No way!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:49 am

A very stinky ;) quick black render

Stargazer
Operative

How about this....

Post by Stargazer » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:00 am

How about this car !

Oh edit on that car neps. I can imagine it better being KITT with it black and having the scanner on the front of it... but the nose of the car just isn't long enough I think.

(*edited by neps to fix image link*)

Stargazer
Operative

Sorry....

Post by Stargazer » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:02 am

SIGH... I must not be doing something right.
Last edited by Stargazer on Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:03 am

it looks better in black but the front still should be changed. the front reminds me of the car out of KR 2010.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nexus
Recruit

Post by Nexus » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:19 pm

Okay guys...while the Cien is a very nice-looking car, I agree that it isn't suited to being a reincarnation of KITT. But this wasn't intended to be a "this should be the next KITT" kind of topic. I was mainly pointing out the fact that IGN mentioned Knight Rider in regards to the Cien and how on that note, the car features an amazing array of technology remarkably similar to some of KITT's features.
Arjun wrote:Good design, but better suited for "The fast and the furious" or "2 fast 2 furious" than Knight Rider.
I'm gonna disagree with you on that one. The majority of the vehicles in those two movies were standard economy cars "tricked out" with stickers, body kits, neon, aftermarket spoilers and mufflers, etc. etc. (affectionately known to some as "rice burners"). Additionally, most of them were Japanese imports. To me, the Cadillac Cien is the complete antithesis of those automobiles.

neps: Hehe, love the "stinky" render! :D

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:45 pm

Thanks! I wasn't actually saying that the car looks like crap in black, I rather like it, just conveying that I didn't spend much time on it and it wasn't as pretty as I would have liked to make it, but it gets the point across. Personally, I don't mind it as a KITT solution, it's alot better than many others that have been recommended. Reminds me a bit of the new Interceptor in the SpyHunter game. I think as time goes on we are going to see alot of Knight Rider similarities as cars become more organic and adjust parts, such as the spoiler, to different conditions.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:53 am

I'm gonna disagree with you on that one. The majority of the vehicles in those two movies were standard economy cars "tricked out" with stickers, body kits, neon, aftermarket spoilers and mufflers, etc. etc. (affectionately known to some as "rice burners"). Additionally, most of them were Japanese imports. To me, the Cadillac Cien is the complete antithesis of those automobiles.
In the beginning of one of those movies, mostly "2F2F", you have two car thieves stealing a designer sports car, just like this, though that car was different, so I thought this car is better suited for that. Anyway, this would make a good Bond car, since the movies feature cars like this one.

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:24 am

Bond car? I don't think so...
The new Bond car should be the TVR on posted on another recent topic. It reminds me of 'Looney Tunes: Back In Action' in which a Bond actor played a spy. Now that would be a laugh.

Bond car: Mr. Bond, we have a rogue NASCAR car on our tail.

Bond: Let's go invisible then.

Bond car: Perish the thought.