Update with CGI?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

theknightling
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Update with CGI?

Post by theknightling » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:57 pm

I have been reading about all the mistakes that people find in the show especially the effects and I had a thought...remember when George Lucas went back and updated all the effects in Star Wars? How would you all feel if Universal went back and updated all the special effects with current age CGI?

such as, digitally erasing the "hidden driver bump" in the driver seat during auto cruise? or no ramps during turbo boasts and no damages when KITT lands? I would like to see KITT going into super pursuit mode without any cut scenes, just one smooth continuous shot.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Update with CGI?

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:40 pm

I think it all depends on your point of view.On the one hand,back in the 80's,we didn't have the abilities to erase things like a driverless lump behind the driver seat,camera mounts on a jump car,or whatever made the magic of kitt work.We didn't freeze frame or even see most of it as kids.We just knew it was a cool car with great abilities.In a way we should respect what the special effects teams came up with back then compared to how easily it can be CGI'd now.Since we can freeze frame and see certain things we take away from the magic.As a kid we were all impressed at what we saw each week tuning into the show.