Any Scale Model K.I.T.T. Look-A-Likes?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PBH
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Any Scale Model K.I.T.T. Look-A-Likes?

Post by PBH » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Hey all.

Just curious if there have been any good non-licensed K.I.T.T. look-a-like scale models.

I know Johnny Lightning produced the 2 models in the photos (1:64 scale). They’re not the same year as K.I.T.T. and one is chrome instead of black, but they’re pretty close, especially considering the bowling-ball cap rims.

Any others?
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Re: Any Scale Model K.I.T.T. Look-A-Likes?

Post by MR2NR » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:30 pm

It's so sad that these look more like KITT than the licensed Mattel versions. Why they couldn't get the wheels right in the 64ths is beyond me. But I am just waiting on the 18th Elite to redeem Mattel. :)

I have an old 20th scale Ertl that is worse with off road tires and stuck on scanner but am thinking I was just dooped on Ebay lol.
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Re: Any Scale Model K.I.T.T. Look-A-Likes?

Post by imranbecks » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:16 pm

I have that chrome Johnny Lightning Transam! Still mint! I'm still on the lookout for the black one. Yeah, the wheels look brilliant and very nicely done.

The wheels aren't like that on the Hot Wheels KITT probably because the folks at Mattel are just too lazy to do them detailed like that. Its probably quicker and easier to do the wheels as how they are on their current KITT cars than to immaculately detail the wheels like the ones on the Johnny Lightning cars... I've seen someone do a wheel swap, but I don't dare to that to mine.. :wink: