Vintage KR Memorabilia Article...

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GullWing
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Vintage KR Memorabilia Article...

Post by GullWing » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:55 am

So I thought it might be time to put this up as new merchandise from the classic series is making somewhat of a comeback...
Some years ago I did some freelance writing for a sadly long-extinct magazine in the UK called 'Model & Collectors Mart'. This publication eventually changed its name to 'Film & TV Memorabilia' before dissapearing altogether. I was always fighting to get some in-depth coverage about collecting classic 80's series and I had proposed a series of articles under the banner 'The man, The machine' which, as we all know, was the tagline for Street Hawk. These pieces were intended to cover everything from Blue Thunder to Riptide over a period of months. I would be given four pages and had to supply any photographs of the merchandise myself.
As the editor was never a fan of either overlong coverage (or paying me) Only the Knight Rider piece made it to print and I present this for you, the fans, below. You'll have to forgive any inaccuracies or poor research as sites like this and info about the show in general were in its infancy in 2003...!! I hope you Enjoy :kitt: