Was KITT ever in pursuit on cobblestone-streets?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ShadowRider
Recruit

Was KITT ever in pursuit on cobblestone-streets?

Post by ShadowRider » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:25 am

The other day I once again cruised via Helsinki centre in my 3rd gen Trans Am and near the South Harbor (Esplanadi) there's quite many cobblestone-streets - and cruising on cobblestone is so horror with a Trans Am, the suspension doesn't give any relief, the car is shaking and rattling and the plastic interior parts are whining. can't go faster than 20 mph for I fear something breaks (shocks, supports...).

It actually shakes the car so hard the rear view mirror needs to be adjusted again after :D

So there I was, in my black sporty coupé blocking traffic on one lane and just so happens the adjacent lane was closed due to some construction or piping. Saabs, Volvos and what not were following close behind me but once I got to a smoother asphalt I could drive faster again.

So I wondered, KITT being a 3rd gen Trans Am, did he ever chase anyone on a cobblestone-streets? I don't recall such an occasion, in fact I'm not even sure he ever drove on one. Maybe not since the car would shake so hard Jack Gill's wig would fall off ! :D

Then again, the ride could look smoother on the outside.

Pic below is from Esplanadi.

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Was KITT ever in pursuit on cobblestone-streets?

Post by sheltonw3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:25 am

It sounds like you need new shocks and suspension kit,after 20 years the shocks on these cars do have a tendancy to "give"! :shock:
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Closest thing to that bumpy ride is in speed demons when he's on that dirt track and Michael says,"It aint easy on the bones."

ShadowRider
Recruit

Post by ShadowRider » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:49 am

sheltonw3 wrote:It sounds like you need new shocks and suspension kit,after 20 years the shocks on these cars do have a tendancy to "give"! :shock:
Shocks are kinda new (installed in 2007) and also front suspension was renewed that in 2007. Rear suspension I don't know, but I doubt it's all original. These cars aren't built for bumpy roads.

But yeah, what was that episode where KITT drove with the dirtbikes, Speed demons? Anyway, must've been wonderfull to actually drive the car :lol: