Movie News

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Movie News

Post by KITT » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:28 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MidKnight:
<STRONG>I hope that everyone feels that they should keep KITT and Michael's legacy true. I mean every time they do a remake of a television show on the big screen, they screw it up so much from the original idea of the show. Look at Lost in Space, that movie was so far off from the original idea (hello). KR does not need to be made for the new age and the teen market, for once they should leave what worked alone. KITT should be a Trans AM at least the no newer than a 1999 model and David should come back as Michael Knight.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree 100%.
but, you know they won't leave it alone. they can't. it's too tempting not too.

KITT

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Movie News

Post by sarfraz » Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:22 am

Saw xXx yesterday with my friends. Nobody warned me it was going to be THAT loud! I won't ruin it for you Skav, but if you have sensitive hearing, your in trouble [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Only annoying thing, is explain to my friends what a Pontiac GTO was, they all assumed it was something Russian.

Special effects were suprisingly good....which gives us good hopes for the KR movie.

Sarfraz

knightrider_ni
Operative

Movie News

Post by knightrider_ni » Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:30 am

maybe it's the scriptwriter and ex-media student within me, but MI:2 (whilst it didn't turn one of the original characters into a killer!!) just felt like a cop-out to me, cashing in on the matrix etc without thinking about mission:impossible itself... or the fact that the stunts in the matrix at least had a *reason* why they could be achieved.

xXx IS far-fetched, but not to the same extent. instead of making me look at the screen and saying "yeh, right! in a sarcastic tone [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] it, like the bond movies bends your disbelief for a couple of hours so that the stunts look cool and far-fetched without laughing at them or tutting at them. you're right skav, it's no james bond, it lacks the characterisation of those movies, but it DOES bode well for the production values of the new KR movie. xXx was never meant to appeal to anyone other than action-movie fans who go for action first. don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining that people like that before anything else in a film, it's just not my own personal cup of tea.

action is great, and the movie looked brilliant, but to me characterisation and plot are more important. i love action movies, i'm a HUGE bond fan, but if it doesn't have at least good 3-dimensional characters then i'm not gonna give a fudge about what happens in the film and i'm never gonna "get into" it. (eg. i loved godzilla, and even though it's plot wasn't exactly... well... existant(!) the characters made that movie for me.) which is why i love the bond movies, but can't stand diamonds are forever - lol!