Why I didn't mind coming late to work this morning

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Why I didn't mind coming late to work this morning

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:32 pm

It was 9:20 and I had to be at work at 9:30.I was about to get off my first bus and wait to get onto my next in the pouring rain.My first bus passed by a parked 2008 Mustang GT black with dark grey/silver stripes.I immediately whipped out my 2 megapixel camera and grabbed a few snapshots to work on drawing it at work and make a cool wallpaper for the day.Just before I crossed the street I saw a silver 2008 mustang drive by and laughed.

Is anyone else seeing an increased amount of Ford Mustangs in their neighberhood? Ford might want to take a note of sales in the past year due to advertsising through Knight Rider.HINT HINT BRING BACK KNIGHT RIDER FOR A SECOND SEASON!!!

I know some of you are thinking its not just Ford but NBC must also agree to another season.Anyway here are the cool pics I used the side for a wallpaper.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Why I didn't mind coming late to work this morning

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:49 pm

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:15 pm

Nice. Trufiber makes some good looking hoods! Their GT500KR replica hood looks just like the actual one!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 pm

I've seen a GT a few times. One of the neighbors' friends has a red one, looks like. He doesn't come over with it much. But it's a cool car!

But around my area it's "Here a Taurus, there a Taurus, everywhere a Ford Taurus!" :) I have a '99. And I see so does two others have a '98 or '99 in my complex, one has a '97, another a 2000, and someone I know of at the local AutoZone has a '99 wagon. And then I see more of them here and there on the road a lot, mostly 2000+ but occasionally a 3rd Gen Taurus is around, sometimes even parking right next to me. :)

Ford sure sells a LOT of Taurus'. And I think if KR gets another season, even with the economy the way it is, if Ford plays their cards right we could see more KITT's on the road too... hopefully.

Now if KITT would transform into a Taurus, I bet then Ford's sales would increase because Taurus' are a lot less expensive. Though I like the 3rd and 4th Gen versions best. Those looked pretty cool. (Ok, I'm biased. LOL! :) )

I wonder how they are doing on the Ford F-150 sales? I hear bigger vehicles are taking a nose dive sales-wise but I wonder if they are fairing better than others due to KITT sometimes transforming into the truck.

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:04 am

Don't forget that the F-150 has been rated truck of the year by several groups, and got truck of show at the Detroit Auto Show this year.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:02 am

yeah, i noticed the same thing where i live, there are a lot of mustangs around my area too.
in glen larson we trust.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:30 am

GT Mustags are very common in the Middle East. I have to say thought, I started to see more KITT like cars around now :lol: most of the people focus on the Rims. once they get that they can easily repaint the car. for the Hood, I think they still working on how to make it :lol: Image :kitt:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:45 am

I dunno, maybe we're just noticing them a lot more now because of KR but yeah, I see a Mustang or two every time I go somewhere. Including several GTs. The police in a city near me uses the Mustang as a police car as do some other cities from what I saw. Now if only we could attribute that to Knight Rider.....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:09 am

Knight007 wrote:GT Mustags are very common in the Middle East. I have to say thought, I started to see more KITT like cars around now :lol: most of the people focus on the Rims. once they get that they can easily repaint the car. for the Hood, I think they still working on how to make it :lol: Image :kitt:
Those Alcoa rims are $500 a piece. That's why they're one of the last few things on my list of replica parts to buy.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 am

Ini my hometown, I could almost swear Someone owns a Mustang in ever corner. Then I went to Ohio for a training I had to take and most I saw where old Ford Pick up trucks. I've been challenged to race on the road by other mustangs andc at one time with a cop in his souped up Dodge Charger. Mind you that a) My mustang is a V6 and b) I'm not stupid, since there's no way in Hell I'm going to go toe to toe on a public highway with anyone, especially a cop. :P I'm a Law-abiding citizena dn I plan to keep it that way.

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:11 am

Nice cars,Mustangs are my most favorite cars and i do see that the first picture is a Shelby 500KR (Moded)
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:56 pm

I see mustangs nearly everyday, on my daily drives. I can't figure out why nobody ever wants to race... Ohh that's right cause I drive a Trans am.... lol :good:
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:28 pm

ozikool wrote:Nice cars,Mustangs are my most favorite cars and i do see that the first picture is a Shelby 500KR (Moded)
Those pictures are of a Mustang GT with a Trufiber hood. Not a GT500KR, just to clarify.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Is anyone else seeing an increased amount of Ford Mustangs in their neighberhood? Ford might want to take a note of sales in the past year due to advertsising through Knight Rider.HINT HINT BRING BACK KNIGHT RIDER FOR A SECOND SEASON!!!
It's funny you mention that because I just got back from a trip to San Diego and could've sworn Mustangs were the main car of choice down there. I don't think I was noticing them because of the show, but perhaps because there's a military presence in the area and they have a preference for American cars? I was visiting a friend in the Navy and on base there was also an abundance of Mustangs, both current and the previous generation.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:49 pm

Ford in general is in the best position of the Big 3 to survive the Carpocolypse. It makes you wonder how much the advertising from both KR and Extreme Makeover: Home Makeover have done for them...

It's going to be very interesting how things turn out 5/5...

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:44 am

tamatt27 wrote:
ozikool wrote:Nice cars,Mustangs are my most favorite cars and i do see that the first picture is a Shelby 500KR (Moded)
Those pictures are of a Mustang GT with a Trufiber hood. Not a GT500KR, just to clarify.
Oh ok i am sorry,The spoiler looks like the one from 500KR
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:17 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:Ford in general is in the best position of the Big 3 to survive the Carpocolypse. It makes you wonder how much the advertising from both KR and Extreme Makeover: Home Makeover have done for them...

It's going to be very interesting how things turn out 5/5...
I would hope so; it would be pretty hard to believe they would be in danger of going bankrupt with all their movie deals, American Idol and Knight Rider, among others.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:05 am

I only saw TWO ford mustangs

1 - A yellow Mustang GT

2 - A red Classical Mustang (I think it was the Boss version)

The reason why 2 is because i live in ireland

NN11
Operative

Post by NN11 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:42 am

looks nice
it might look better in full black

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:56 pm

NN11 wrote:looks nice
I like the way it is :D

Many people have many different interests

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:35 pm

The main cars here in Boise are the PT Cruisers and the Mustangs. What was that one episode in South Park where everyone owned a friggin' hybrid?

"Nice car!"
"THANKTHS!!!"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:35 pm

Smug Alert? :P

Obviously NSFW: http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103216/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<_< >_>
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:23 pm

NN11 wrote:looks nice
I agree, personally I prefer black cars, not the easiest to keep clean mind you. Which reminds me, if the weathers nice Saturday I must wash and wax mine :)

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:49 pm

This one is almost fully black.
Attachments
KITT.jpg
KITT.jpg (129.87 KiB) Viewed 14971 times

Kyuubi of the Knight
Volunteer

Post by Kyuubi of the Knight » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:53 pm

Its funny when you see characters in real life..

Here in New Jersey there are quite a few mustangs, A few black ones roll around my neighborhood.

I was on the road all day today, I saw mustangs galore. Corvettes seem to love to follow those horse's around.
Call me Kyuubi.

Embolden the Light,demand the truth, and reveal the depths of your mind.