CHEAP KITT SCANNER FROM EBAY

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

fragakik
Volunteer

CHEAP KITT SCANNER FROM EBAY

Post by fragakik » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:40 am

Hello all,
I am thinking of getting the following item of ebay, to install on my '05 Opel Tigra Twintop :) :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NBC-KNIGHT-NIGHT- ... 240%3A1318

I know it is only a toy but I am looking for a cheap n cheerful solution as I will only use it for about 2-4 weeks on a short trip. I wonder, has anyone bought this particular item? Any niggles or particular things I should worry about? I have measured my front bumper and it fits perfeclty. Oh and any ideas on how to get the switch wire from the boot into the cabin?

Avenger95
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: CHEAP KITT SCANNER FROM EBAY

Post by Avenger95 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:26 am

I bought this awhile back and its okay if youre going for the new style of scanner. Im sure with a little wiring know-how you can cut one off and just use one.

I havent installed mine yet as Im waiting for repairs, but I have hooked it up to a battery and it looks good.
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:03 am

the only problem with this scanner....is that..it has no trailing effect1!but..this is why we pay so many bucks for the other costum made scanners!to have this so much wanted trailing effect!

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:34 pm

Avenger95 wrote:I bought this awhile back and its okay if youre going for the new style of scanner. Im sure with a little wiring know-how you can cut one off and just use one.

I havent installed mine yet as Im waiting for repairs, but I have hooked it up to a battery and it looks good.
Could you post a vid?
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:31 am

tamatt27 wrote:
Avenger95 wrote:I bought this awhile back and its okay if youre going for the new style of scanner. Im sure with a little wiring know-how you can cut one off and just use one.

Could you post a vid?
oh yes please, a video would be very nice Image :kitt:

fragakik
Volunteer

Post by fragakik » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:11 am

stelios_z28 wrote:the only problem with this scanner....is that..it has no trailing effect1!but..this is why we pay so many bucks for the other costum made scanners!to have this so much wanted trailing effect!
No trailing effect????? What's the point in that then??

honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by honnziva » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:31 am

maybe you don't get the whole trailing effect statment.

the trailing effect is what they normally consider when the lights that are travelling or scanning , f fade rather than just go out.

it still scans, backand forth... but doesnt have that really conformed look... but its definitely ok to use that
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:27 am

Just curious, would this set work in the grill of a truck? Or would I need a bigger scan bar?
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

fragakik
Volunteer

Post by fragakik » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:11 am

Oh, ok I get it now.If it scans back and forth it's ok for me... I shall order it then later tonight and let you know guys when it arrives

Thank you so much all of you for ur replies!!

TXKNIGHTRIDER82
Volunteer

Post by TXKNIGHTRIDER82 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:42 pm

Hey fellow KNIGHTRIDER fans'' I have a nice scanner that i'm selling on EBAY! I have sold 3 hear in my home town SA ANTONIO TX. I have a k.i.t.t car myself and i have the same on my ride and it is awsome! tailing effect, bright in daylight, even better at night. this unit is 21'' long, I'm upgradeing the JC WHITNEY unit compleat new scanner bar, led lights. caps relays ect... get the effects of units costing over 300 bucks for a lot less. 185.00 compleat. drop me a line if interested at cocorendon@hotmail.com thanks.