Where's KITT's Air Bags? Wouldn't this be funny!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Where's KITT's Air Bags? Wouldn't this be funny!

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:55 pm

I was just thinking, where's KITT's air bags? We've seen Micheal get plastered against the window a few times and with a stop that hard, I know my Taurus would have royally pouffed me good! :lol: So it kinda makes me wonder how KITT doesn't have air bags? Or he doesn't need them? Or he was just deactivating them at will to mess with Michael? :lol:

Slim_Knight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Where's KITT's Air Bags? Wouldn't this be funny!

Post by Slim_Knight » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:05 pm

My guess would be no airbags. Cause there is a distinct lack of seat belts as well. And the steering wheel could not house an airbag anyways.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:40 pm

Yeah ever notice in TOS the Hoff never wore a seatbelt. I guess they assumed KITT was that safe in both cases

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:07 pm

Harry Singh Jr. wrote:Yeah ever notice in TOS the Hoff never wore a seatbelt. I guess they assumed KITT was that safe in both cases
The passive laser restraint system was supposed to take the place of seat belts, is my assumption. I would love to know the theoretics behind how it was supposed to work, because Michael still seemed to bounce all over the place after turbo boosting, etc. I mean, how could lasers keep a person from moving around so much during a colision that they aren't injured.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:22 pm

When did they explain what KITT's occupant restraint system was exactly? I want to watch that episode again.

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:23 pm

And every time KI3T leaves the SSC, he says "Occupant Restraint System active."
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:54 pm

Slim_Knight wrote:And every time KI3T leaves the SSC, he says "Occupant Restraint System active."
Exactly. Although it doesn't seem to work very well because Mike still gets thrown around.

Maybe thats a constancy thing they need to look at. Either Kitt has a restraint system which works, and holds Mike in place, or they stop saying he has one and let Mike jump around int he car.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:08 am

That is a very good question. KITT is the car of the future, always was, always will be. this is the idea right? so, logicaly speaking, it should include every thing including the safty features. to me, I dont think KITT souldnt only have airbags ans seatbelts, but it should have something new that will be a thing that no one have.
fi you remember, in TOS, when Goliath returns, and KITT goes off the cliff. Remember what happened? KITT deployed its Parashots. now this is something we dont have, but its a big safty for Michel. Image :kitt:

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:49 am

Maybe he does have some sort of super fancy safety system, and we just haven't seen it yet. Remember, KI3T can manipulate nanotechnology.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:08 am

Rockatteer wrote:
Slim_Knight wrote:And every time KI3T leaves the SSC, he says "Occupant Restraint System active."
Exactly. Although it doesn't seem to work very well because Mike still gets thrown around.
Michael Sr still got bounced around with the Passive Laser thingy...
And it KI3Ts case, I'm sure that his ORS is always active but he has the ability to disable it, which is what I believe happened in Fly by Knight when KI3T "changed the subject."
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:28 am

That would make the most sense, since in the episode "Knight of the Hunter," KITT is thrown through the air end over end when he runs over the mine.