A little positive Press for a change

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

A little positive Press for a change

Post by Shapeshifter » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:53 pm

http://newsblaze.com/story/200901301059 ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anybody else finding other stories of a positive nature?

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Re: A little positive Press for a change

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:28 pm

Not quite "positive press", but IGN has been cutting the show some slack since KARR. They've been scoring it with over 6 out of 10, which is a notable improvement from the 3s earlier in the season.

ronni3
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by ronni3 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:54 pm

NeoRanger wrote:Not quite "positive press", but IGN has been cutting the show some slack since KARR. They've been scoring it with over 6 out of 10, which is a notable improvement from the 3s earlier in the season.

your right...their review for exit light enter knight was fair and good...they gave credit for the changes made and what they thaught they could further improve.
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:57 pm

By usual standards, this is definitely positive press.
Nice to see some people outside the KR fanbase willing to give '08 a second chance. Hopefully, NBC will too.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:http://newsblaze.com/story/200901301059 ... story.html

Anybody else finding other stories of a positive nature?
Thanks for posting that :good:
Though the series has potential, ratings have been in the dust. Hopefully, after last night, NBC will give KR '08 more road to grow for a second season. It is starting to find traction and finally discovering the direction on what Knight Rider is really all about

Dev In California
Stranger

Post by Dev In California » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:31 pm

It's too bad it has taken all season to finally start getting this show right with this latest episode by following more closely with the original show's concept idea. I just hope it's not a case of too little too late as far as justifying a second season. If only they had got it right from the beginning.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:16 pm

I agree if we had gotten off like this at the beginning we might not have been in the situation that we have to make a whole page devoted to trying to save KR08. But since we are we just have to try to save the show while we still can.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:32 am

I'm with you.
If KR08 had started like this from Week one, we would not be sitting here week after week waiting to hear "TAPS" being played b/c NBC and GST couldn't figure out what had made the original concept work in the first place.

But the past is the past, and now we just have to keep working hard(er) to keep Ki3t a Mike around a little bit longer.
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:51 am

Allow me to disagree with the notion that we would've done better in the press if the show had started like this. The pilot had gotten A LOT of critical flak, too. There's no guarantee the series would've been better viewed if it didn't have a government angle. I believe after the pilot, KR became sort of the show everybody loved to hate... something that, with time, grows tiring. They won't be loving it any time soon (ever, in fact), but if it doesn't crash and burn from now on, I can see less fluctuating reviews among critics.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:46 am

NeoRanger wrote:Allow me to disagree with the notion that we would've done better in the press if the show had started like this. The pilot had gotten A LOT of critical flak, too. There's no guarantee the series would've been better viewed if it didn't have a government angle. I believe after the pilot, KR became sort of the show everybody loved to hate... something that, with time, grows tiring. They won't be loving it any time soon (ever, in fact), but if it doesn't crash and burn from now on, I can see less fluctuating reviews among critics.
Word! :good:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:25 am

I hope we keep it for many seasons to come. but any way, this is only hope :kitt: