Would Knight Rider 08 be better if

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

wingsnbcusa
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Would Knight Rider 08 be better if

Post by wingsnbcusa » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:50 pm

Ok so do you think Knight Ride 08 be better if William Daniels was still the voice of K.I.T.T? I think it would have helped to bring the fans of the 80s KR to watch the New KR and maybe the show would be supported more.

maxwellmilian
Recruit

Re: Would Knight Rider 08 be better if

Post by maxwellmilian » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:31 pm

Nah. But I think we need a little more wit, especially from Mike (Justin). I know it took a whole season for William Daniels and David Hasselhoff to make it work, but that was because they didn't meet until the end of season party. Then they were on they're way, and seemed more like a team. This run just seems so "forced". I don't see the characters relaxed enough, like they are enjoying their jobs as they should be. The old series, Michael and KITT would and had an understanding of what the others' idiosyncrasies were, and would rib each other about it. For example, >Michael, Bonnie, why are you lying to each other?< from Trust Doesn't Rust, in the head-on finale with KARR.
We don't have the comic relief that the original KITT had a knack for in his ignorance about the human condition.
Throw a special agent with that kind of wit their way, like Will Smith for example, just one episode.
Get some of the other "local" talent to show up occasionally, like the old school. I guarantee it would be good for ratings.

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:41 am

I'm probably going to be burned at the stake for this, but I actually prefer KI3T's voice over the original's.
William Daniels had a rather nasal voice, which I find extremely irritating.
On the other hand, I do agree with max that the wit needs to be seriously ramped up. We've not had KITT say anything of the sort since that very simple, witty joke he made at Mike's expense at the end of the first episode. It's kinda been bothering me.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:53 am

Yeah, me too. I think Val Kilmer as KI3T is sometimes less human than William Daniel's KI2T, but I like his voice better.
Well, lets say the voices fit the cars. I cannot imagine WD as KI3T, this wouldn't work.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:14 pm

Agreed! Definitely need some more witty banter! It's one of those core knight rider things.

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:26 pm

I don't like the way the new Kitt's voice is projected. 95% percent of the time it's just there. YOu don't have any idea of where it's really comming from.

With TOS you pretty much always seen Michael talking directly to kitt, or they always showed his voicebox when he talked.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:27 pm

They do show the globe a bit, but not enough. Which is odd hearing from me, because I hate the 'KITTBall'

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:43 am

KI3T's voice seemingly coming from nowhere makes sense to me in most scenarios. When Mike is inside the car, it makes sense. (KI3T probably has a pretty baller sound system, so I'm sure he's got surround features and enough bass range to avoid sounding like an AM radio station.) When Mike is out of the car, it makes sense because Mike always has the earwig - thus, we as the audience would hear KI3T's voice as Mike would, seemingly from nowhere.

When KI3T's in the SSC, he seems to jack into the computer systems there, and he usually speaks through some type of intercom system, so I can accept the "from nowhere" thing there.

Outside of these situations, though, some directional cues would be really cool. I for one really liked the effect on KI3T's voice in the virus episode, when he spoke from behind his electronic shielding - there was reverb and I think there was a lowpass filter, so it sounded as though KI3T was part of the surroundings. I first thought he was projecting his voice. That effect would be pretty cool if/when KI3T spoke to people from far away, or something.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:47 am

It doesn't matter who voices KITT if the writing is terrible. William Daniels being involved would change nothing. Not to mention that the man is in his 80s and pretty much retired outside of a few things here and there.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: