the leather returns

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MURDOCK
Rookie

the leather returns

Post by MURDOCK » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:22 pm

So hes got a jacket?Will it be long or short?Damn thats kool so knight rider.I want one a.s.a.p and i havent even seen it yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Will it be something you can buy/aquire handy enough?

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: the leather returns

Post by whet » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:53 pm

Where did the idea come frrom for the black leather jacket in the first place?
Was it an imput ny David Hasselhoff or Glen Larson?

Does anyone know?

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:11 pm

Yeah, in the Justin Bruening interview, he said he had like 35 jackets for KR...Wow! However, I think he said that they were not leather. I don't totally remember. I may be wrong.

I like the idea of him having the jacket like his dad.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:16 pm

Can't wait to see what it looks like.
Glad to see they are trying to capture the feel of TOS, just hope it doesn't turn out cheesy.
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:15 pm

My_Friend_KITT wrote:However, I think he said that they were not leather. I don't totally remember. I may be wrong.
Yea I heard that too...

I was a fan of MT's dress sense in the Feb show, which seemed to update MK's leather with a 21st century version and a 'hoodie' underneath. Now, whilst personally I would not wear a 'hoodie', I did think this was a fantastic update to what TOS fans would be used to seeing...

JB did say its NOT leather but IS black...

I suppose a tribute is a tribute...

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:10 am

I guess we'll still have to be thankful for that jacket, whatever it may be.

Honestly I grew tired of seeing him wearing plain bright-coloured shirts week by week already....
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:40 am

pheonix_knight wrote:
My_Friend_KITT wrote:However, I think he said that they were not leather. I don't totally remember. I may be wrong.
Yea I heard that too...

I was a fan of MT's dress sense in the Feb show, which seemed to update MK's leather with a 21st century version and a 'hoodie' underneath. Now, whilst personally I would not wear a 'hoodie', I did think this was a fantastic update to what TOS fans would be used to seeing...

JB did say its NOT leather but IS black...

I suppose a tribute is a tribute...
Everyone is saying the jacket was a hoodie in the pilot but I never noticed it was. Does anyone have a screenshot to prove it?
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:48 am

Skav wrote:
Everyone is saying the jacket was a hoodie in the pilot but I never noticed it was. Does anyone have a screenshot to prove it?
The jacket WASN'T a hoodie, there was one underneath from what i remember

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:10 am

Yeah, it wasn't a hoodie, just had a sort of big collar. The jacket could be something similar to that but probably made out of something synthetic so as to not to incur the wrath of the PETA nuts. :P
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:41 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Yeah, it wasn't a hoodie, just had a sort of big collar. The jacket could be something similar to that but probably made out of something synthetic so as to not to incur the wrath of the PETA nuts. :P
Half the idiots in PETA own leather jackets so they can't go nuts over that. They stick to harassing people with fur coats. The only thing PETA is good for is nudity anyway.

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:24 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Yeah, it wasn't a hoodie, just had a sort of big collar. The jacket could be something similar to that but probably made out of something synthetic so as to not to incur the wrath of the PETA nuts. :P
Half the idiots in PETA own leather jackets so they can't go nuts over that. They stick to harassing people with fur coats. The only thing PETA is good for is nudity anyway.
I live in Norfolk, VA where PETA headquarters is located. The people from PETA I've actually met in person, and I've met quite a few, won't even wear a leather belt or leather shoes let alone a full leather jacket, so I don't know where you're getting your information. I'm neither condoning nor condemning PETA but I can't stand it when people make generalizations about people and groups of people they've never met. Anyway, this is a Knight Rider fan site and not a PETA bashing site and it's Knight Rider that I hope to read about here. Thanks.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:17 am

I know how PETA feels about leather and fur, because my aunt and my uncle are both animal activists. So even though I'm not an animal activist myself, I do support helping pets, like cats and dogs, and when someone makes fun of vegetarians, or those who support animal rights, it does insult me, too. This is a place for KR fans to meet, not to bash or attack other people.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9