Reboot

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

arhskr81
Rookie

Reboot

Post by arhskr81 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:43 pm

I am wondering if the "REBOOT" was in place from the start, b/c I read that the 3 cast members who are leaving where only under contract thru the first 13 episodes. Which to me means the reboot is not a reboot at all but they are just calling it that to get ratings with out having to spend more money and ads and with cutting the episodes to 17 will save money and not put KR against American Idol more than it has too. I think that we will have a second season with at least 12 episodes and then NBC will make there minds up.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Reboot

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:13 pm

Well, we do know that at least one draft of the script for episode ten was written on September 9th, which was a little over two weeks prior to the premiere of the series so I certainly do think they had at least some plans as to where they'd be going with those four episodes that make up the transitional episodes where three characters get written out. But to what extent I'm not sure, personally I expected the government involvement wouldn't last past the initial 13, but I was a bit surprised with Charles going too, I expected it to be Zoe that would be gone along with Torres and Ravai since the character was Torres's assistant.. Oh well... I might be in the minority but I've grown to like Zoe a bit. Plus let's face it, of the the entire cast, Bruce Davidson probably was able to command the highest salary, by far. So that hopefully will be a good chunk of money that can be place elsewhere in the budget and just not taking out of it in the show's budget reduction.

Hopefully they all get a good send off. I'm certainly curious as to how they handled it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Reboot

Post by trissybabes » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:29 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Well, we do know that at least one draft of the script for episode ten was written on September 9th, which was a little over two weeks prior to the premiere of the series so I certainly do think they had at least some plans as to where they'd be going with those four episodes that make up the transitional episodes where three characters get written out. But to what extent I'm not sure, personally I expected the government involvement wouldn't last past the initial 13, but I was a bit surprised with Charles going too, I expected it to be Zoe that would be gone along with Torres and Ravai since the character was Torres's assistant.. Oh well... I might be in the minority but I've grown to like Zoe a bit. Plus let's face it, of the the entire cast, Bruce Davidson probably was able to command the highest salary, by far. So that hopefully will be a good chunk of money that can be place elsewhere in the budget and just not taking out of it in the show's budget reduction.

Hopefully they all get a good send off. I'm certainly curious as to how they handled it.
I don't think any money saved from salaries will be put elsewhere.

The whole cast cull and season length reduction was mainly due to cutting costs, so the production will be trying to maximise any budget they have - while have been told by the accountants to cut it back as much as possible.

When GST was trailering the series before it premiered, he said that they had a 1/2 season, full season and 2 season plan for the series.

Now they ended up with, well 2/3 season, I wonder what plan has been put in place - considering the uncertainty over a second season at the moment...