Your thoughts on the future of new KR! Beyond 1st season?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

3rings
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Your thoughts on the future of new KR! Beyond 1st season?

Post by 3rings » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:24 pm

I just want to say that I really enjoy the new Knight Rider, and I most certainly hope that NBC will keep their promise and give us 22 episodes for sure. It just worries me that they might yank it off the air suddenly after the Neilson ratings haven't done good for the last two episodes. And also they just axed My Own Worst Enemy and Lipstick Jungle. Even though I had no interest in those shows, It's just showing us how demanding and nitpicky these networks are today. What are your thoughts?

I'd sure love to see a 2nd Season of Knight Rider, but I doubt that will happen, I hope I'm wrong.

And I also hope that GST and the other creators and writers will not give the end of the 1st season a crazy cliff hanger finale that will keep us guessing or have our heroes in a dangerous situation that they can't get out of and then it just goes to showing the ending credits in case if NBC decides not to pick it up for a second season. It's just a waiting game.

Let's all hope for the best!!!
:kitt: :good:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Your thoughts on the future of new KR! Beyond 1st season?

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:17 pm

I'd sure love to see a 2nd Season of Knight Rider
I wouldn't county on it. You'll be lucky if you get to the 2-part reboot episode.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:42 pm

Krama061-1, the series has already been picked up for a full season by NBC and the cast is already well into shooting episode 15 (which means it will air sometime in February most likely). The odds at this point that we won't get to the 2-part "reboot" episode, regardless of the ratings of the show, is highly unlikely. 3rings was just asking what we the fans would like to see happen assuming Knight Rider does get picked up for a second season.

Personally, I think it's a little too early to know what I'd want out of Season 2 since we're barely into Season 1 but if I had to pick anything, I'd say:
• More nods and links to TOS. Having a few guest stars that were from TOS would be awesome. I'd love to see Patricia McPherson and Peter Parros make appearances. I would love to see William Daniels come back and voice the original KITT, even if he's no longer in the Trans Am body.
• I'd like to see new characters and also see the departure of Zoe.
• revisiting old locales from TOS such as FLAG headquarters or the labs where KI2T was rebuilt in "Junkyard Dog."
• more stunts from the actors and from KI3T. In particular, more fight sequences on Justin Bruening's part, more Turbo Boosts from KI3T, more showing off of new abilities and definitely, some crashing through walls or other objects.
• a little more serious tone to the show and characters instead of all the wisecracking and immaturity that goes on at the SSC in particular. Lighthearted is one thing but what they are doing now is just plain silliness.
• more believable plot lines by the writers
• a more "human" quality to KI3T's personality than the mostly robotic one we have now.
• a real musical score to the show that takes cues from TOS but updates it to be more modern, like they did with the new theme song instead of having only pop songs in the show.
• Finally, David Hasselhoff as a cast regular as the new head of FLAG. It's only fitting, right?
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:53 pm

KFCreator wrote:Krama061-1, the series has already been picked up for a full season by NBC and the cast is already well into shooting episode 15 (which means it will air sometime in February most likely). The odds at this point that we won't get to the 2-part "reboot" episode, regardless of the ratings of the show, is highly unlikely. 3rings was just asking what we the fans would like to see happen assuming Knight Rider does get picked up for a second season.

Personally, I think it's a little too early to know what I'd want out of Season 2 since we're barely into Season 1 but if I had to pick anything, I'd say:
• More nods and links to TOS. Having a few guest stars that were from TOS would be awesome. I'd love to see Patricia McPherson and Peter Parros make appearances. I would love to see William Daniels come back and voice the original KITT, even if he's no longer in the Trans Am body.
• I'd like to see new characters and also see the departure of Zoe.
• revisiting old locales from TOS such as FLAG headquarters or the labs where KI2T was rebuilt in "Junkyard Dog."
• more stunts from the actors and from KI3T. In particular, more fight sequences on Justin Bruening's part, more Turbo Boosts from KI3T, more showing off of new abilities and definitely, some crashing through walls or other objects.
• a little more serious tone to the show and characters instead of all the wisecracking and immaturity that goes on at the SSC in particular. Lighthearted is one thing but what they are doing now is just plain silliness.
• more believable plot lines by the writers
• a more "human" quality to KI3T's personality than the mostly robotic one we have now.
• a real musical score to the show that takes cues from TOS but updates it to be more modern, like they did with the new theme song instead of having only pop songs in the show.
• Finally, David Hasselhoff as a cast regular as the new head of FLAG. It's only fitting, right?
I like your thoughts and couldn't agree with you more. I especially want to see more of TOS tidbits such as the mansion in Pasadena CA, maybe even the Knight Musuem or take us back to where KI2T was originally built, stuff like this would make me go crazy! But more mythology is def for me.

Other than that more Turbo Boost in real time, more of KI3T saving Mike and driving by himself while Mike investigates too!

Joe

Knight-Rider-Fan
Volunteer

Post by Knight-Rider-Fan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:31 pm

Id love to see a 2nd season of the knight rider but my main concern is besides the poor performances sometimes produced by these actors, I think KITT as beautiful a car he is his personality is way to flat for another season. I would love to see William Daniels come back and voice the original KITT or at least someone with the flare like he does that brought KITT to life and got the fans excited. KITT's voice like this is forgettable for me. With all the top class shows that are out there right now puts this show in a place of step up the game or get stepped over. :kitt:
The introduction of KARR :karr: was a wise move :good: I hope it comes too pass that will boost the ratings anyway I want this show to last like the likes of smallville who's on their 8th season and still formidably going strong.
Theres hope :dash4:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:55 pm

a little more serious tone to the show and characters instead of all the wisecracking and immaturity that goes on at the SSC in particular. Lighthearted is one thing but what they are doing now is just plain silliness.
You are ABSOLUTELY right!
immaturity

Knight-Rider-Fan
Volunteer

Post by Knight-Rider-Fan » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:40 pm

:kitt2: :kitt:
I was watching knight rider the old season 2 episode merchants of death and felt the need to pause it and just say,
The new knight rider series insults the very memory of these memorable old episodes. :? It's like the producers never even watched an episode ever before. How can KITT only speak about variables and no hint of sarcasm :?: This is my childhood favourite and i know it is for so much more of us on this website. 1982's KITT is not boring, why is he boring :?: like this he shouldn't have the same name :?: Why doesn't KITT and michael travel around spending more time on assignments instead of sitting in the workstation. Its more about the people than the heroic car. I think im abit upset with the lack of concern for quality :( In the premiere of season 2's Goliath KITT has so much personality Michael plays card games with him. Micheal tracer/knight could never genuinely call this KITT pal or buddy. where are the people who would try to rob KITT so he could show off :?: The car is literal background props. Why bring it back if they were never intending to make an impressive program of it :?: I pray they make changes before they totally destroy the legend of this program. :(

alagaesia
Stranger

Post by alagaesia » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:06 pm

Really hope for more seasons to come... and to turn this series darker. :good:

Do as Harry Potter, it is way darker after the first 3 books... and is not only a children but an adult story too, depends on your age the way you read it, same could do for KR2008.

:kitt:

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:25 pm

There's a lot of potential if they make the right decisions going forwards. There have been some really nice moments spread out throughout the first part of season 1, which is usually the roughest period of a show. If they make the right changes and the supposed "reboot" re-invigorates the focus on Mike and KITT (which have had some great moments here and there), then there is still a lot of promise here.

Biggest issue, they need to cut down on the cast (which they appear to be doing), use that extra money on the action scenes, and get the show a little more serious/dramatic when missions get dangerous. Fun is good but when the guns and danger come out in the middle of a mission it's time to get serious.

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:20 pm

I REALLY hope they get more seasons, there's too much potential here to give up on and when the show's been good I've really been enjoying it as I've said in quite a number of episode threads. I really hope it gets a second season, that's really when a show finally gets it together.

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:45 pm

With some retooling, listening to comments good and bad from the viewers(fans), better writing, etc i think we'll get another season.
I would like to see another one atleast. I think KR has a better chance than Bionic Woman ever did.
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:10 pm

Definitely, there's plenty of good stuff here to build on if they take both positive and negative comments to heart.

Want to see more of:
When Mike is clearly not driving have him take his hand off the wheel and let KITT drive, it's not a big thing but it gives KITT more personality and a bigger role. Any little bit helps him physically do things to interact with the human characters. I remember in the old show and I believe in some of the behind-the-scenes material in the commentary they mentioned that they purposefully took every opportunity they could to have KITT physically interact with the cast in addition to the dialogue/banter/character growth, because it really reinforces him as the "star" of the show and as more than just a voice. This is the one element the show needs more of. They've done a nice job slowly growing KITT's personality which will hopefully continue, I've gotten really attached to KI3T, now they need to grow his physical interactions by making them more overt on camera. Like flipping his doors open to let Mike in during a chase or intimidating someone by spinning his wheels while they are in front of him, things that make KITT's actions with his body (the car) just as much a character as KITT's voice. Another example being how in TOS KITT occasionally smacked people with his door to knock them down, or the "joy-ride" he gave those two thieves in the premiere. They are going in the right direction with KITT himself, now they need to make his body a "character".

KITT needs bigger "hero scenes" when coming to Mike's aid. Nothing was more "cool" than the TOS "hero music" playing when KITT saved Michael's ass or spun in front of him flipping the door open so he could get in in one smooth motion as the bad guys tried drive or get away or Michael and KITT cornered a bad guy between them "with no one driving" (despite some nice ones on occasion, such cool scenes have been over too quickly in general, they need to be embellished more on screen, while a talking car may not be as special as it used to be a car that can DRIVE ITSELF still IS THAT SPECIAL, the episode where Mike went old-school and climbed out on KITT to jump into the back of that truck was one of my favorite episodes of the season, some of the best teamwork action/KITT giving Mike sneaking directions/KITT driving himself that they've done.)

The scene in this weeks episode where Mike and Sarah were held up outside was a perfect opportunity for KITT to show off and come to Mike and Sarah's aid. Would have been perfect after the awesome KITT smothering the bomb scene.

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:54 pm

While I used specific TOS examples, I'm just using them for convenience since they should get the general gist of the two things since many are familiar with TOS so it's better than trying to come up with other examples to illustrate what I'd like to see. I like a lot parts of the new show so however they'd accomplish the same goals is fine with me.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:51 am

I want extended scenes on stunt driving.

My only wish...

Knight-Rider-Fan
Volunteer

Post by Knight-Rider-Fan » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:25 pm

Im glad for all these additional comments. My wish is that the series will make it to season 2. I was thinking about a comments someone made about making the show darker. I think a balance would be good surely. I think back to the shift they made in the batman which proved a big success. This knight rider has so much potential. :P :kittside:
Im glad we all have the same hopes. I do hope they listen to the fans for real. so much good suggestions have been made on this website by all :D

Kittsdriver91
Volunteer

Post by Kittsdriver91 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:32 am

maybe the producers should get to hear feedback from the viewers as a idea of what can be improve on the series. But please to see if the show can go for a second season that would be great with the maybe improvements that the series but hear what the fans says without alienateing them and trying not to make stupid mistakes Bionic Woman did and getting it cancelled.