George Barris Interviews

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Rob Louisell
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: George Barris Interviews

Post by Rob Louisell » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:58 am

When George first called me about providing replica parts for the new show, he said that they would "morph" into the new car. :D Obviously he was misinformed. :? Still, it was exciting for me to be able to help and I was honored to have been asked.
Louisell Enterprises, Inc.
The world's first KITT replica company.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:39 pm

Rob Louisell wrote:When George first called me about providing replica parts for the new show, he said that they would "morph" into the new car. :D Obviously he was misinformed. :? Still, it was exciting for me to be able to help and I was honored to have been asked.
Were these the parts in Graimans garage from the Febuary pilot?

Funny cause I thought they were gonna show the progression of some of the Knight 2000 into the 3000, I was suprised to see Kitt in bits.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (47.1 KiB) Viewed 5925 times

1991firebirdkitt
Recruit

Post by 1991firebirdkitt » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:57 pm

Great Job Sue I loved the picture archive in part 3, I'm glad George was open to sharing his insight and history for everyone to see.
:D

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:42 am

Rob Louisell wrote:When George first called me about providing replica parts for the new show, he said that they would "morph" into the new car. :D Obviously he was misinformed. :? Still, it was exciting for me to be able to help and I was honored to have been asked.
Ah very cool I was wondering where those parts came from. It looks like from his photos that they had a film crew in to do a behind the scenes video of him turning over the parts. I wonder if we will ever get to see that footage. Perhaps it will be part of the featurettes on the DVD if it ever gets a full release.
weeezl wrote: Funny cause I thought they were gonna show the progression of some of the Knight 2000 into the 3000, I was suprised to see Kitt in bits.
In my second video Mr Barris seamed rather disappointed that the parts were only laid around the garage instead of being installed into KI3T. I feel like I remember hearing that they originally planed to have KI3T have elements of KI2T but I haven't been able to track down proof of that.
Personally I'd rather have them separate entities so that KI2T can make a comeback.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:37 am

George Barris,

I just wanted to say that I liked a lot to see your photos of your car KITT and also Patricia McPherson…my God!
I also liked much of his interview, thank you George.

You are the best!

Alex.

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:24 pm

Hey Sue thanks so much for these interviews. It was the highlight of my week seeing all those old photos. Does he just let anyone go in that room? You should def talk too someone about including these with a DVD set. Did you ask Barris what he planned on doing with the "boxes" when he passed away? I just hope they don't get thrown away. Did you ask him when the last time he talked to Patricia or David?
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:12 pm

MR2NR wrote:Hey Sue thanks so much for these interviews. It was the highlight of my week seeing all those old photos. Does he just let anyone go in that room? You should def talk too someone about including these with a DVD set. Did you ask Barris what he planned on doing with the "boxes" when he passed away? I just hope they don't get thrown away. Did you ask him when the last time he talked to Patricia or David?
Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it. To answer your question, I don't imagine he usually lets people in his back room. I cut my video in such a way that it appears it all happened at once. But actually after he showed me the boxes and I asked if I could look at any he said well maybe some other time. After packing up and almost about ready to leave he called me back in. We spent another hour together looking at the photos.
I didn't ask about his plans for his photos, but the thought did cross my mind. I am assuming he has made arrangements to donate them to some auto museum somewhere. I'm sure they wont get thrown away.
And lastly I didn't ask when he last spoke with David or Patricia but I do know he is still in contact with Ron Martinez and Stu Phillips.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:46 am

Having watched your interview it was so good to see a insight into the 82 Kight rider - which I am a big fan of & watched the original when it aired way back when....

Did he say what happened to all the KITTS?? & is he doing one for the new show?

Cheers

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:56 pm

We pretty much know what happened to almost all of them. IIRC, Pontiac wanted them destroyed after the series ended and that's what happened aside from a couple that were saved. For the series they could easily build their own or buy one, might even be cheaper than renting one unless they got it from a fan. Hopefully they'd pay attention so they'd have the right dash and stuff like that. Maybe move the original KITT into a newer Trans-Am (since KITT was apparently starting to feel out dated anyway) with a modified dash, but still something that'd be an evolution from the season four dash.

Only thing is that I still doubt they'd want the original KITT showing up the new one, be it in looks or abilities.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: