What I love about the new Knight Rider....

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What I love about the new Knight Rider....

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:43 pm

What I love...in detail. Since all the rants have been done in detail, plus I'm at work with absolutely nothing to do, so I'm also doing this to kill time....

KI3T - I love the idea they're using for the car this go around. The first time we saw KI3T in the BDP he still wasnt complete or tested, so I can understand why he really didnt do alot. He was awakened to get Sarah. He probably was still months away from being done.... Which is why the car sounded like a robot, he was brand new with probably not too much people experience...seeing as Charles was probably the only one KI3T knew up to that point....
Wow, strayed off...anyways. I love how we're getting to see KI3T learn from the people around him, becoming friends with people and trying to understand them. KI3T trying to understand the whole Alpha Male/Big Dog idea is awesome. Plus, I love the HUD. I dont think it needs to have a fancy dash...like Sarah said to Sean, KI3T's above most levels of military clearence... Having the stock dash hides who KI3T is and the HUD can be activated when needed or closed to hide KI3T's idenity. And I love the new turbo boost. And Im so glad they didnt use the original sound effects, since in all honesty, that'd sound very stupid with this car.

The KITTCave - In all honesty, the KITTCave is needed as a central base. It's where those at SCC work and it's where the car is repaired, it's where the team and machines conduct their buisness of making the car better, stronger, faster. I'm a little peeved that they didnt have a real homebase set in the original. Or that the show never focused on the dozens of people behind the scenes who made and repaired the car. We were only showed Bonnie so there would be a recurring female pressence on the show. It's was never just one man and the car, that's just what the focus of the show was on.

Mike - The character is very intriguing. I really want them to delve more into his past, find out what he's done and why he doesnt remember it. I hope the also they mention the BlackRiver from the BDP again. But Justin plays the role perfectly. He kinda does remember me of the Hoff in the first few episodes. He has that smugness to him that is needed to be a Mike Knight.

Deana - Is awesome. She's smart, hot, kicks ass. What more could you want?

Zoe and Billy - I have friends who are just like them, so it makes me like the show even more. Plus, Billy's the genius behind alot of KI3Ts features and I think his skills could play a huge role sometime soon. They do need to show Zoe actually doing work though....

Alex - Dude, the dynamic that will revolve his role and Mike's past is awesome. I cant wait to see what'll happen.

Charles - He is the new Devon. He's the one who's looking out for everyone. But something bothers me - If Charles knows what Alex knows, why doesnt he tell Mike want really happened? I smell a cliffhanger...

Oh, i love this show...i could talk for hours and hours about it....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

HOFFABE
Rookie

Re: What I love about the new Knight Rider....

Post by HOFFABE » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:35 pm

I feel the same way...its great to sit down and watch tv with the family again. My daughter loves the new and old Knight Rider and she is 3. So its great to share that with her...Welcome back Knight Rider and if NBC has the good sense god gave a horse they will keep ya around for a long time to come...;) :kittspin:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Good Thread! :good:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm

Another thing I love.....look at how KI3T transforms into KITTruck in ep2...

It really wasnt transforming so much as restructuring.....and i think thats how the nano-tech plays into the "transformation" now...i hope it stays that way
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:58 pm

Yep the show is definitely growing on me.

I like the way they have combined Knight Rider and Viper elements together. The Kitt-cave works for me.

One thing I really like is the high-tech gizmo's and gadgets. I also think the HUD in Kitt is awesome.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hardkore
Volunteer

Post by Hardkore » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:18 am

Love the way the show is going so far. Despite the flaws in production,it rocks. Much like the way KITT is learning,so are the writers. Besides when was the last time they wrote for a show that was fun,huh.