Official Online Premier Thread (aka Pilot is UP on Amazon!)

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kaine
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Official Online Premier Thread (aka Pilot is UP on Amazon!)

Post by Kaine » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:56 am

some thing that really bothered me was, that the first episode didn't have a feeling of coherence. overall it just felt like a series of clips loosely thrown together.
let me give you an example of what i mean:
if you take a look at the scene where Mike and KITT recover "the package" beneath the bridge. the mysterious women apears, steals the package from mike and drives off... cut... next we see mike sitting in KITT following her.
why not show mike jumping to his feet, running over to KITT who in the meantime has opened the driver's door and mike gets in driving off in pursuit. we've had a lot of those moments in classic Knight Rider and it would really improve the coherence.
there are a lot more scenes with such crude cuts. i hope this gets better within the next episodes, as it really takes away from the show's believeability.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:41 pm

I agree though some spots there, such as the bridge scene I think were where there would have been a commercial, right after she drives away and the music ends. At least that should feel better when it airs with commercials. Might be for the other places too. We'll see in seven hours and nineteen minutes.
Deferranfan1 wrote:Yea I thought it was great left me thinking I want more. I would assume what is online is the same we will see wed night? How long till the next episode after Wednesday?
The next new episode for us will be next Wednesday, October 1st. They won't be releasing next week's episode early.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:27 pm

I hope they still put them online after they air. That gives me something to do during slow times at work!

Deus1138
Volunteer

Post by Deus1138 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Overall, I am pleased. I think they did a good job fixing just about everything I complained about from the movie. The shape changing seems more mechanical and less "chemical morphing." The only thing they didn't fix that I complained about was the plane, but I guess I can live with it the way they are using it. The KITT Kave is pretty cool!!

Ok, I totally MARKED OUT when he said, "Hi, I'm Michael Knight." I knew it was coming as soon as they "killed him." But still, when he said it, it was like I was 8 years old again screaming for Hulk Hogan when his entrance music hit for Wrestlemania!

It's a little over the top, but so was the original show at the time. Like someone else pointed out, KITT seemed to be able to get video surveillance of anyone in the middle of the desert from 50 miles away. What the ____??? At least they explain HOW they're doing it here, even if it is far fetched. I can handle far fetched if it has an explanation, even if that too is far fetched!

Ok, so how about this crazy theory... Michael has amnesia. What if they CLONED him in Iraq and then erased his memory. His clone could show up with a goatee...and we could call him GARTH!

slipheraz
Volunteer

Post by slipheraz » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:35 pm

:kitt2:

I really enjoyed this one, I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

I've read alot about Kilmer being to soft spoken for KITT, I agree in a way, but also it does go with the whole theme so far, cuz KITT is going to learn as it goes so hopefully his voice will change as he grows.

Great to see Knight Rider riding again! :D

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:47 am

Lot of ppl think the reviews don't matter and only demographics do....but the reality is that if a show doesn't receive good reviews why ppl wud bother to watch it?

spto
Volunteer

Post by spto » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:18 am

Knight4life wrote:Lot of ppl think the reviews don't matter and only demographics do....but the reality is that if a show doesn't receive good reviews why ppl wud bother to watch it?
A lot of people don't give a flying fadoo about reviews unless it's utterly terrible across the board.

Anyways I watched the show and I liked it. There were some funny KR type moments like when KITT gets way too personal with Mike or the one guy (forget his name) fainting when "the package" guy was getting first aid inside KITT LOL!

The story wasn't the most original or cohesive however there's definitely some long term story threads that are going to be touched upon throughout the season which I think is good as the goofiness (really some of it seemed almost a parody of the James Bond mythos and use of gadgetry) needs to have something solid behind it. The acting was a little better. My one complaint is that KITT needs to actually bond with Mike a bit more. It just seems like KITT is just "there" you know what I mean?

I hope this show catches on and is at least a moderate hit because the TV landscape is filled with way too much gritty dramas and not so funny comedies. (with a couple exceptions) We need something that is a little more lighthearted and adventurous.

I give this episode a sold B grade. The first half of the episode sure was an adrenaline rush.

spto
Volunteer

Post by spto » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:20 am

Deus1138 wrote:
Ok, so how about this crazy theory... Michael has amnesia. What if they CLONED him in Iraq and then erased his memory. His clone could show up with a goatee...and we could call him GARTH!
I didn't see this til after my reply but i'd mark out like a little girl over John Cena if they did that say for sweeps week!

Oh and I want to see a modern interpretation of Goliath. COME ON KR WRITERS DO IT!

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:47 am

Well, the bottom line is surely 'pretty good'. Not perfect, but a lot better than any version of Knight Rider we've seen since 1986, and plenty to build on for the future. For better or for worse, it's a totally new Knight Rider, different atmosphere, different times, etc, but they seem to have gotten the basics right. Did I like the Turbo Boost? No. Do I think there are way too many people in the 'KITT cave'? Yes. But those are little things that can be easily changed or improved and will not make or break the series.

The one thing that I can say that truly bothered me on a basic level was that between the fact the show has rather a lot of characters and the fast pace of it all, there was very little 'human depth', if you know what I mean. Hopefully that will build in time.

All and all, plenty to look forward to. Life just seems slightly better when you have a next episode of Knight Rider to look forward to.

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:09 am

Oh yeah, Zoe's hebrew accent at the start of the episode was quite funny! And it was probably the only time in the episode 'Knight Industries' were mentioned in name.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Am I going nuts???

Post by krfan1 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:39 pm

Am I going nuts????

I swear I heard "BILLY Tracer" during the scene where Mike is with Sarah in the pod and has some flashbacks. Can someone check to see if my hearing is totally going? My PC didn't record last night :(

thanks,
krfan1

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:15 am

A-Team on NBC's website.

Battlestar on NBC's website.

The new KR premier is also there.

Looks like I'm going to be stealing time away from other things to DL at the library for awhile.

Note to self: Must set up DVD burner and HDTV tuner, now.

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:01 am

Ah, I'm delighted. I hated last February's backdoor pilot with a passion, but this one I can learn to like. There are things that have to change, but there is a learning curve and the show-runners are still learning what to do with it in this day and age; it's not quite the Knight Rider as we remember it and it's not quite The Fast and The Furious.

Overall, I think the episode (which could've been a little more cohesive with its subplot, thumbs, unbreakable codes and all that) carried a lot of baggage from that pilot. Especially Rivae and Sarah, who don't quite click with me yet. They seem to be worked into the show, rather than being really essential. So far, anyway.

Props for old scanner sound (even if it needs synching), the old speaking module, giving Mike a decent overarching plot that might in fact make him interesting. I don't mind Billy and Zoey one bit, either. They're there for a purpose and they serve it. Kilmer will have to start, gradually, giving some color to his KITT voice. And I'd like to see a buddying relationship between Michael and KITT. It's just not Knight Rider for me without it. Not crazy about that Turbo Boost either, or the transformation for that matter, though they've improved from that nanotech crap of the pilot.

All in all, it was satisfying enough for a first episode. Here's hoping that it actually develops properly.

Dalton
Recruit

Post by Dalton » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:31 am

Yes I enjoyed it, much more than the 2hr movie in feb. Next weeks preview looks like an old school style KR episode as well. It doesn't get any better.

KITT MARK 2
Recruit

Post by KITT MARK 2 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:29 pm

I wasn't impressed. The transformations were a bit too much, and the KR on the chassis uneccessary. Plus, blow torch hair sticks?! The story wasn't too thrilling, the editing was choppy, and there were moments that made ZERO sense like why KITT did practically nothing at times (I know he's still "learning," but c'mon!) and why Mike stood there like a dumbass by the bridge knowing the only people that would be coming that fast would be after the dude. No common sense whatsoever.

I'll give it a couple of eps, but I'm not expecting much. The movie was much better.
--KNIGHT INDUSTRIES TEN THOUSAND

PaoloM
Recruit

Post by PaoloM » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:44 pm

goldbug wrote:2. They're using KI2T's "scanner" noise for KI3T! :)
This brought tears to my eyes. Really.

Trendane
Recruit

Post by Trendane » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:33 am

I'm having a hellish time finding the 2-hour movie again. It was on hulu.com for a while...and now I can't locate it.

Any recommendations?
--
Trendane
Looking at the future...in retrospect.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:16 pm

Trendane wrote:I'm having a hellish time finding the 2-hour movie again. It was on hulu.com for a while...and now I can't locate it.

Any recommendations?

Although I'm pretty sure the board might legally have to slap my wrist if I were to name check a method of finding the episode again I would suggest in general terms it MAY be possible to obtain the episode by various file sharing platforms out there