KITTs sister?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Will
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITTs sister?

Post by Will » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:48 am

You know I put this to some thought. I've come to the conclussion that KITT is Charles' creation (His son in a sense) which would make Sarah his sister right?
If at first you don't succeed...cheat, repeat, until caught...

FX23
Operative

Re: KITTs sister?

Post by FX23 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:59 am

Too right

I know which id rather take for ride

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:43 am

That's what I also thought too!And if it's really Charles Graiman who created KITT as well as KI3T,that would make Sarah the middle child.I always thought that KITT would be the younger "brother" of Garthe and Jennifer.

Only in the world of Knight Rider can you be related to a computer in a car...
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:06 am

Maybe later we'll discover that Graiman put a chip into Sarah that allows her to communicate with KITT by holding his gear shift.

Then again, nah. No KR would ever feature something so silly... :D
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Don't machines such as boats, bikes and cars usually get referred to as 'She' anyway...

"how fast will she go..."
"well i got her up to 120 earlier"

etc etc...

So although the vehicles have masculine voices, are they technically femal anyway???

(which would make KITTs sisters KARR and KI3T)

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:46 pm

goldbug wrote:Maybe later we'll discover that Graiman put a chip into Sarah that allows her to communicate with KITT by holding his gear shift.

Then again, nah. No KR would ever feature something so silly... :D
Didn't you know that '57 Chevy Bel Airs came with USB version .00001 on the gear shift as standard equipment?
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:56 pm

Some cars are decidedly "he". My old Pontiac 6000 was no girl! My Ford Taurus (Taurus = Bull = Male) is actually more of a lady. And her name is Suse. :)

It's all in what the driver anthropomorphisizes the car to be. The relationship between a car and the driver is what determines it. The car is a machine that has no real gender. But humans are gender-based to the point that they need a pronoun of some kind. But the interesting thing about it all is that while we talk about our computers as "it" (how much ram does it have?) we assign genders to cars. Even if they have no voice.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:12 pm

Michael Knight himself refers to his 57 Chevy as a 'she' when KITT is installed in it during KR2000....

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:08 pm

Gah! You know what came into my head seeing that topic title? Anyone remember "My Buddy" dolls for boys? After a bit of time they made one for girls called "Kid Sister" and now I'm thinking "KITT Sister" with the jingle from the commercial. >_<

Never owned one and after Child's Play was released I'm sure a lot of other kids didn't want one either. :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:55 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:Michael Knight himself refers to his 57 Chevy as a 'she' when KITT is installed in it during KR2000....
That's because the '57 Chevy and KITT are seperate entities.KITT only resides in the car.I know that you already know this... :lol:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
Petition #9

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:23 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Gah! You know what came into my head seeing that topic title? Anyone remember "My Buddy" dolls for boys? After a bit of time they made one for girls called "Kid Sister" and now I'm thinking "KITT Sister" with the jingle from the commercial. >_<

Never owned one and after Child's Play was released I'm sure a lot of other kids didn't want one either. :lol:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has to be one of the most annoying songs ever. It's stuck in my head now :lol:

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:30 am

I think it's only fair we share this with everyone else PHOENIXZERO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j2xEwEHbrE

A Real Pal and A True Friend!

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:21 am

OMG I remember that...now I really feel old *Cries.*

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:15 am

knightofthephoenix wrote:I think it's only fair we share this with everyone else PHOENIXZERO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j2xEwEHbrE

A Real Pal and A True Friend!
LOL! :lol: I heard it for the first time ever...and now it's stuck in my head.
Petition #9

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:38 am

Yeah it has that strange effect on peoples

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:37 pm

True, most cars, planes and boats get refered to as 'she'. But, KITT is a rare exception.

And Sarah as KITT's sister? I can see where you're coming from, but then you could also say that Knight Industries Two Thousand would be Sarah's older brother.

Back to the subject of refering to cars as 'she', those that watch my youtube channel, will know that I uploaded a video of a Fan-fic Character/Knight car of my creation. Tobie did a video for me where he put together the specifications for my car http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u_VFvuT498g

her name is D.E.L.I.A. for those that do not know her abbreviation it is short for the Divine Elegant Logical Intelligent Automobile.

And before anyone asks; no, she is a not 'KITT-stang' inspired creation. I created DELIA a good 3 years before NBC even chose the Mustang as the new KITT. And Tobie did create an attack-DELIA. He's done pictures for me, but as to whether he's doing a video, I don't know. I think he's got enough on his plate anyway.

Later.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

Stuntman Lee
Rookie

Post by Stuntman Lee » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:11 am

I consider my crappy Citeron AX as a he, especially when i'm calling it a @&^# *?$# every morning when it doesn't start. :good:

:kitt:

EDIT: It's intersting to see the forum has blocked out the 'F'ing word, but not the most insultive word in the English language.
Love child of The Hoff.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:42 am

In that case, since the board software doesn't cover every single swear word that's a part of both the US and UK versions of the English language, perhaps it would be wise for you to refrain from necessitating the invocation of the swear filter in the first place. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:55 am

Matthew wrote:In that case, since the board software doesn't cover every single swear word that's a part of both the US and UK versions of the English language, perhaps it would be wise for you to refrain from necessitating the invocation of the swear filter in the first place. :good:

Matt
I have to agree with you Matt. This is a public forum. There are kids running around here that have just joined the fandom.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:06 am

Sky_Blue_Civic:
That's because the '57 Chevy and KITT are seperate entities.KITT only resides in the car.I know that you already know this...
You'd be surprised how many people forget this. The most common mistake in this regard is when K.I.T.T. is installed in the Knight 4000 -- he doesn't automatically become "K.I.F.T.", and nor is the car named "K.I.F.T." There's no such thing; Michael doesn't say "Help me out here, Kift" when he's aiming his sonic gun at Watts. K.I.T.T. is still K.I.T.T., and the car is the Knight 4000.

Larson himself makes this distinction about the original series -- K.I.T.T. is the microprocessor, the car is the Knight 2000. If this remains true of the new series remains to be seen... :)
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:17 am

Knight Rider Archive wrote:You'd be surprised how many people forget this. The most common mistake in this regard is when K.I.T.T. is installed in the Knight 4000 -- he doesn't automatically become "K.I.F.T.", and nor is the car named "K.I.F.T." There's no such thing; Michael doesn't say "Help me out here, Kift" when he's aiming his sonic gun at Watts. K.I.T.T. is still K.I.T.T., and the car is the Knight 4000.

Larson himself makes this distinction about the original series -- K.I.T.T. is the microprocessor, the car is the Knight 2000. If this remains true of the new series remains to be seen... :)
I believe the mistake is commonly made because K.I.T.T. just so happens to share the same name as the Knight 2000 and therefore people may think that every microprocessor must be named after its vehicle.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:07 pm

Also this time around in the 2008 series KI3T has refured to himself as just KITT. Not the voice of the Knight 3000.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:07 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:
Sky_Blue_Civic:
That's because the '57 Chevy and KITT are seperate entities.KITT only resides in the car.I know that you already know this...
You'd be surprised how many people forget this. The most common mistake in this regard is when K.I.T.T. is installed in the Knight 4000 -- he doesn't automatically become "K.I.F.T.", and nor is the car named "K.I.F.T." There's no such thing; Michael doesn't say "Help me out here, Kift" when he's aiming his sonic gun at Watts. K.I.T.T. is still K.I.T.T., and the car is the Knight 4000.

I know the thread started about Sarah Graiman but we've kind of come around to KITTs creation again... and with the quote that GL does make the distinction between the car and the AI this does kind of lend credibility that maybe Graiman had a hand in creating the original KITT but perhaps NOT the Knight 2000?

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Wasn't the reason why the K2000 became a trans am was because it was Michaels car in the beginning? The one he drove to the scene he got shot at?

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:05 pm

Will wrote:Wasn't the reason why the K2000 became a trans am was because it was Michaels car in the beginning? The one he drove to the scene he got shot at?
KOTP doesnt seem to support that idea when you hear Devon say "resemblence between that car and your own is purely superficial" although Michael Long is insistant that it is his...

But then the episode Trust Doesnt Rust doesnt make sense if KARR was created BEFORE KITT...

Wasnt ML's car left in the desert with the body that was stolen from a morgue so that police could identify it?
At least thats the impression i got from KOTP