foundation?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

foundation?

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed May 28, 2008 3:29 pm

everyone keeps asking 'what happened...?' to former characters, the car etc...

but did anyone pic up on the conversation in the funeral car where Graiman says 'resurrecting the Foundation...'

Why had it been discontinued??

whats the story here??

obviously the answers would explain what happened to KiTT and MK is probably retired or something

And what ever happened to the 'trustees' from the original KNIGHT foundation (which seemed to be more of a 'parent' organisation to FLAG rather than the same thing, to my recollection anyway...)

oh and why, if Charles Graiman built Ki3t, is it now called KITT without any KNIGHT industries input???? (i suspect the last question maybe a patent issue but thereya go...)

ok, folks, discuss...!

cajunknight0153
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: foundation?

Post by cajunknight0153 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:53 pm

i think Charles has KITT and Michael Long's Trans Am which would explain the 2 trans ams in his garage

knightnx
Recruit

Post by knightnx » Thu May 29, 2008 6:54 am

very good point, what happened to the Knight Foundation for Law and Government
it obviously went away for a reason,
Pretending KR2000 and team knight rider never happened (YAY)
it could of been that they couldnt couldnt re create the same man / machine bond as the original

or maybe they tried and failed like KRO in team knight rider.
maybe this car may return similiar to KARR

it would def explain why KItt 3000 has no insignia, or the constant black paint job.

what happened to the knight family? the money etc..
maybe they decided to give up on FLAG and concentrate on other areas

not really bothered about rc 3 though :) :kittside:

knightnx
Recruit

Post by knightnx » Thu May 29, 2008 6:57 am

P.S i doubt Michael Longs Original Trans Am was kept for 25 years in a garage
it was just a normal car, if anyone would of kept it would of been the Hoff. but then if that car was traced to Michael Long while in MKs possesion that may of put him at risk

whatever was in the garage was special at some point. Unless grayman himself drove a classic trans am

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Thu May 29, 2008 2:29 pm

I think the answer is simple. Maybe the character of Edward Mulhare (R.I.P.) a.k.a. Devon Miles died and the others (such as MK and Bonnie etc.) didn't want to coninue the work of the Foundation without him. I can imagine it as an explain.

Sorry for bad english.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu May 29, 2008 5:41 pm

Since Devon was basically the heart and soul of it I'd imagine it dying with him sometime in 90s, while he was fighting attempts to shut FLAG down by certain people (IE: Politicians) in power or "friends" who didn't want them potentially meddling in their affairs, after he passed away there was nothing to stop FLAG from going under. I think that may be the simplest and best way to do it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu May 29, 2008 6:05 pm

cajunknight0153 wrote:i think Charles has KITT and Michael Long's Trans Am which would explain the 2 trans ams in his garage
That's an interesting theory and I'm surprised that never occurred to me. I'm not sure that's the case, but it definitely makes more sense to have the second Trans Am be Michael Long's car than it does to be a rebuilt K.A.R.R. In any event, I'm sure the second Trans Am was just an ordinary one whether it was Michael's or a random one that Charles picked up.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu May 29, 2008 6:30 pm

devon is the key to KI3T NOT having MBS, remember no 1 individual knew the 3 components, and Devon was one of the key people....

and KITT would have been able to analyse his own construction so was dismantled as his memory banks contained the formula...

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu May 29, 2008 9:12 pm

Well the trustees were the people who were responsible for seeing that the money Wilton Knight left behind was used as he would have wished it. Perhaps the money ran out and thus no more trustees or FLAG. Charles Graiman meanwhile manages to amass his own fortune and now wants to be the one to sponsor FLAG. The money for KI3T came completely out of his own pocket. I also imagine that when FLAG closed someone decided to give Charles the cars and the Knight Industries name, or perhaps he bought out the bankrupt company thinking he might want to continue it one day.

As for the second Trans Am… Now I was always under the impression that KARR was FLAGs Trans Am and that he went bad just before Michael arrived at the Knight estate. When Michael was brought there, while he was being cared for, his car was then made into KITT rather hurriedly and KARR was put in mothballs. Because Michael does say, “this is my car.” And Devon only says, “Well not exactly.” I took this to mean, yes it is your car but now it has all these cool features you don’t know about. In several episodes after that Michael will bring up that he holds the title to KITT.
Is this not true?
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri May 30, 2008 12:55 am

The title to the car is registered to Michael Knight, it was mentioned in the pilot. I think Michael Long's car was left in the desert to be found.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri May 30, 2008 1:20 am

I would like to see a remanescence of the old Foundation.

For Example:

Graiman takes Traceur, Sarah, and the others to see the old Foundation headquarters to try and revive it and start new. They see the mansion and ask questions, Charles chimes in on remembering Devon, Wilton, Michael Knight, Bonnie, the old KITT, and others. Also stumble upon a painting of Devon Miles, Wilton Knight, the old KITT, etc... I hope when they bring back some of the old they do it in a cool way.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Fri May 30, 2008 9:40 am

Good theories in this thread. I wonder if the official explanation will be close to any of them. Clearly Graiman is quite loaded if he managed to get KI3T constructed in his own garage on his own time (I'm still convinced we'll learn he hired a team of engineers to help). I dare say he's probably been planning the return of FLAG for quite some time. You don't just build a KI car overnight.

As for paying homage to the original characters, I don't think it's all that hard. A painting of Devon on a wall, one mention in a line about the Foundation etc. That is one thing I have to say TKR did right in the KRO ep.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri May 30, 2008 9:53 am

goldbug wrote:As for paying homage to the original characters, I don't think it's all that hard. A painting of Devon on a wall, one mention in a line about the Foundation etc. That is one thing I have to say TKR did right in the KRO ep.
I agree. That's what they did in the disappointingly bad new Indiana Jones film.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:38 am

Lost Knight wrote:I agree. That's what they did in the disappointingly bad new Indiana Jones film.
Actually I thought they did it rather well. Marcus' picture in the hallway is what I was thinking of when writing my post. Also having his father's picture on his desk (with the "Last Crusade" music playing at the same time). The statue head moment was a bit silly, but it played to Marcus' somewhat silly persona anyhow.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:39 am

goldbug wrote:Actually I thought they did it rather well. Marcus' picture in the hallway is what I was thinking of when writing my post. Also having his father's picture on his desk (with the "Last Crusade" music playing at the same time). The statue head moment was a bit silly, but it played to Marcus' somewhat silly persona anyhow.
I'm glad you enjoyed the film. For me, I expected a lot more from Steven Spielberg and George Lucas and thought the film had a whole list of problems. But there were some bits and pieces that were fun. I believe even Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Doom is a better picture. But back to the topic at hand...

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:02 am

You know, I saw Indy at the first midnight showing at the Arclight in Hollywood, every uber fan was there. Everyone walked out of the theater at the end in a state of shock. And then they stood around discussing how awful it was. I didn’t think it was that bad.
But we digress.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:03 pm

Story aside, I think they Lucas and his love of CG and some silly stunts kind of hurt it as there being absolutely no sense of danger in anything that happened.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Maybe I should make a topic about it in the lounge...

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:19 pm

I was thinking about the second TA... what if it was a blank shell without an AI. A replacement if Kitt would be damaged and so his AI can be transplanted and he could go out to the road quickly while the original car is being re-built. Or it could be an "NX" model (Star Trek, anyone?), on which the new technologies are tested and thus it needed no AI - Charles Graiman had to test his gadgets in a way or another before he built Ki3t...

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:36 pm

Well, after that interview with Gary Scott Thomson... we'll find out why KITT was built.
Now, about the Knight 3000... Grainman couldn't have done it alone. At least the drive system and certain pieces had to be Knight Industries, and we see their logo and equipment on the Hercules plane. It appears they still exist but very faintly - the aftermath of FLAG's closure?
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

Cam KNIGHT
Recruit

Post by Cam KNIGHT » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:24 pm

Yes , a kind of profotype and if KITT is the KI 2000 , this car my be the NX - 2000 (Sulu rules ! )

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:24 pm

Someone told me that there was an article in sci fi now magazine (UK)

That The foundation base will be a cave.

I hope this is not true it will be stupid and unwatchable if that's the case, to much like Airwolf, maybe hardly ever seeing Kitt at all.

I am starting to have my doubts about this new series now, are we in for another disapointment?

Can anyone shed any light on the Foundaton base at all.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:44 am

don't believe anything the UK says, the show is not a UK show, its an American show, USA!

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:34 pm

the reference to the cave is in the GST interview on THIS SITE....

something about a 'kitt cave' where the car can get all its latest gadgest....

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Weird, I was just thinking about this, checked this topic again and saw someone mentioned it. O_O Anyway, I hope it's not a literal cave, because it certainly would be stupid. They don't need a "secret base" or whatever... Didn't the new Bionic Woman have some secret bunker thing where the agency did business?