Funny Knight Rider Game (NES) Review

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Cobra
Volunteer

Funny Knight Rider Game (NES) Review

Post by Cobra » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:12 am

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Funny Knight Rider Game (NES) Review

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:12 pm

I didn't really find it funny, just repeatedly swearing and while I can understand that due to the game being played but still, I did better "commentaries" like that when I was 12 with a lot less swearing....

I use to have that game and I absolutely hated it. I wish I would have kept it though just to say I owned it. I'm fairly sure that he's just playing it off an emulator, but yeah that game was horrible. It's really no surprise that Acclaim/Acklame eventually went out of business.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:28 pm

that game sucked big time, even when it was new, i also had it on the Commodore 64, ive had more fun counting grains of sand

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:39 pm

I barely remember it. I know I rented it and played it but I didn't own it. It didn't make much of an impression on me. I've read some reviews which stated it was a poorly designed game.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:54 pm

Judd wrote:I barely remember it. I know I rented it and played it but I didn't own it. It didn't make much of an impression on me. I've read some reviews which stated it was a poorly designed game.
dont worry, you didnt miss anything, the game was a load of **** , and thats being polite!

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:55 pm

Compared to today's games, this Knight Rider game is incredibly basic and definitely can seem monotonous but back then when it was new it wasn't half bad. I owned the game (and still have it actually) and I enjoyed many hours driving KITT and trying to master each level. I don't know if this reviewer (if you can call him that) is actually trying to review the game on its merits but if he took the time to try to play the game correctly, he'd see that yes, there are bosses (including KARR, a helicopter and a bad ass truck that unfortunately isn't Goliath), the goal of the game isn't to blow every blue car off the road along with the red and yellow ones (because if you do so, you lose 5 seconds on the clock for each blue vehicle destroyed) and that periodically as you advance through the game there are more obstacles to face (like cars trying to swerve into your lane ahead of you, red trucks, the FLAG mobile semi to give you power-ups, and roadblocks that you have to turbo boost over). This guy is just ignorant and impatient and really gets on my nerves. The game wasn't spectacular but it definitely wasn't bad.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:57 pm

I still own the game. It was hard. I used to upgrade the Gas, Shield, or Engine. Since the part on the review was hard, I usually stuck to "Drive' mode where all you had to do was drive from checkpoint A to B in the allotted time. The game was much easier if you had a joystick, or the NES Max controller :D

krfan1

Romulus9
Rookie

Post by Romulus9 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:26 pm

I had the game as soon as it came out. Still one of my favorites. It wasn't a GREAT game but I still loved it. It was KNIGHT RIDER! I WAS DRIVING KITT! I was always able to beat it fairly easily but still... I loved it. My favorite part was, in the early levels, hitting turbo boost and jumping over cars for absolutely no reason.

:kitt2:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:22 am

And running out of gas before the end. :lol:
KFCreator wrote:Compared to today's games, this Knight Rider game is incredibly basic and definitely can seem monotonous but back then when it was new it wasn't half bad. I owned the game (and still have it actually) and I enjoyed many hours driving KITT and trying to master each level. I don't know if this reviewer (if you can call him that) is actually trying to review the game on its merits but if he took the time to try to play the game correctly, he'd see that yes, there are bosses (including KARR, a helicopter and a bad ass truck that unfortunately isn't Goliath), the goal of the game isn't to blow every blue car off the road along with the red and yellow ones (because if you do so, you lose 5 seconds on the clock for each blue vehicle destroyed) and that periodically as you advance through the game there are more obstacles to face (like cars trying to swerve into your lane ahead of you, red trucks, the FLAG mobile semi to give you power-ups, and roadblocks that you have to turbo boost over). This guy is just ignorant and impatient and really gets on my nerves. The game wasn't spectacular but it definitely wasn't bad.
I have to disagree, it was incredibly basic even back then and it really wasn't a good game, as a KR fan it frustrated me to no end in a similar fashion to how Superman games did. I also owned Rad Racer which the KR game ripped off rather obviously, minus the view perspective being changed and being fun. Of course to be fair, Rad Racer was clearly "influenced" by Out Run but still a good game in its own right.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:27 pm

It was not a cool game
How do I know you're not from CONTROL?
If I were from CONTROL, you'd already be dead.
If you were from CONTROL, YOU'D already be dead.
Neither of us is dead, so I'm obviously not from CONTROL.