All the Hate/Complaints

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K2000kid
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

All the Hate/Complaints

Post by K2000kid » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Not another post aboot how the 3000 doesn't compare to the 2000
but don't think for a second that NBCs writers and head honcho's arent checking this
board and others for reaction to the new Knight Rider, and 80 percent of what i've heard/read
people WANT the wow factor back in Knight Rider
The overdone dash, the gadgets, the jumps, the things that made KR great back then
Now with a car company like Ford backing the project we have a really good shot at getting our wish

Who's to say that a new generation wouldn't love a 2008 Mustang with all the features and functionality of the
old KITT. let our voices soar to the heaven's someone's bound to be listening
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

killem2
Recruit

Re: All the Hate/Complaints

Post by killem2 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:47 pm

I just watched the one last night where KITT drove on water, yeah don't do that one again.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:49 pm

yeah ...... car jumps, 2 wheels, James Bond in a car, but none of that water driving garbage, no convertible mode, no stupid pursuit mode ( I guess that's already there)......Maybe a Hologram mode would be okay.....

killem2
Recruit

Post by killem2 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:12 pm

I hear ya. I don't mind water or diving even if it has something like pontoons or ski planes that fold out or even tires that fold under like delorian style into propellors. But he was just driving on it and they still never said anythign except oh kitt has a micro chip that was the size of a pineapple LOL.

good post :)

DorianX
Recruit

Post by DorianX » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:57 pm

No cheap stunts. No ski mode, jumping only if it can be done properly; I don't want to see anyone hucking a matchbox car over a train model, nor do I want one of those cheesy slow-motion shots like something out of Dukes of Hazzard.

No pulling the cliche thing where at the beginning of the episode, they install some new feature on KITT, and later on it turns out that the exact situation that the gizmo is good for crops up, and then we never see it again.

Keep it simple stupid. Don't just load features in for the sake of it. Add new abilities only if they're going to be something to stick around for the whole show, and keep it to abilities that actually *won't* wreck the drama. I don't want the show to be a parade of "What technicality is going to keep KITT from using the gizmo from last week that would solve the whole plot in 30 seconds this week." You've got the nanoskin. That should be enough if you can keep finding new ways to leverage it. First season finale would be a great time to have the nanoskin display a cloaking ability.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:21 pm

mode isn't cheap, I actually liked it better than the Turbo Boost, cause it was done less. Plus, it is pretty damn neat how the driver can balance that car like that. :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :kitt2: The only difference for me is I'd make Ski mode available on both sides, driver and passenger. NO FLOATING, BOATING or whatvere that was they did in KR 2000. Certainly NO FLYING :shock: :? . When I said hologram mode, I mean a hologram as in Mike is projected in the car but he isn't there he is really sneaking around in a building or something. AND if there is some modes KITT uses only once, yeah you're right, let's just go with KITT had it all along, not add it at the beginning of the show. Oh yeah, also, (provided this show comes around, and stays around :arrow: )
It is not necessary to destroy KITT at the beginning of each season. Sooner or later, yeah cool, but not EVERY season. If anything, do it in the middle, or at the end of a season, like a cliffhanger or something. And no models. Every time KITT flipped over (about 3-4 times in Sea 2 alone, if they use models, at least make it real.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:37 am

I think there is a happy medium that can be achieved between the "Gee whiz/80's coolness" gawdiness of the original dashboard and the super simple one in the new KITT. You don't need tons of light up buttons all over the dash. However, what I do think the dash needs is a touch more illumination. The promo picture for the KITT 3000 interior seemed to indicate there would be a lot of lines running through the back and dash lit up, along with holograms. I'm sure most of these were eliminated due to budget and cost issues, but if these were restored the dash would look a lot better. I would also love to see an LCD fold out to go along with the keyboard that we saw for a full workstation inside KITT as well.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

THE HOFFABE
Volunteer

Post by THE HOFFABE » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:27 pm

goldbug wrote:I think there is a happy medium that can be achieved between the "Gee whiz/80's coolness" gawdiness of the original dashboard and the super simple one in the new KITT. You don't need tons of light up buttons all over the dash. However, what I do think the dash needs is a touch more illumination. The promo picture for the KITT 3000 interior seemed to indicate there would be a lot of lines running through the back and dash lit up, along with holograms. I'm sure most of these were eliminated due to budget and cost issues, but if these were restored the dash would look a lot better. I would also love to see an LCD fold out to go along with the keyboard that we saw for a full workstation inside KITT as well.
I'll second him on that...all in all it was good enough for my second replica not to be a trans am but a mustang...so actually if they don't change it much more it would be rather cost efficent...lol. But i agree lights and techno stuff would be great.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:01 pm

It is very hard for me to find something negative about the original series so I enjoyed the episode where kitt drives on water (return to cadiz), ski mode and SPM.

It was a CAMP tv show full of cheese and it was made purely for entertainment.

So in my opinion if they want to put all that back in the new show then they are more than welcome.

If I did have to nitpick the original show, it was that I didn't like the fight scenes between Michael and the bad guy as it was just the same moves over and over in each episode.

However, they seemed to have improved this in the new show already.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:16 pm

something should be done with the dash, but it needs to be something new....Turbo Boost should be used, but less often...(maybe 3-4 times in the first show of the series, to get the point across, than less often afterwards) Ski Mode was Never over done. It was used less often, and should remain so; but it should be a function nonetheless ....but now it should be done on both side wheels, not just the passenger side...

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:14 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:something should be done with the dash, but it needs to be something new....Turbo Boost should be used, but less often...(maybe 3-4 times in the first show of the series, to get the point across, than less often afterwards) Ski Mode was Never over done. It was used less often, and should remain so; but it should be a function nonetheless ....but now it should be done on both side wheels, not just the passenger side...
I totally agree. Keep some things reminiscent of the original KR series and implement new ideas into the new KR. Don't overdo a function, but it keep it simple.