Knight 3000 Auction! Hero + Attack K.I.T.T

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight 3000 Auction! Hero + Attack K.I.T.T

Post by weeezl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:36 am

Does this mean they wont be using these cars for the possible series in Fall? , it looks like they could be the actual show cars, does anybody know?

Weeezl (Knight Rider Knut)

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/

gotigers1
Rookie

Re: Knight 3000 Auction! Hero + Attack K.I.T.T

Post by gotigers1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:38 am

It's for Charity, so either they made 2 for this event, or going making new ones if it does goto a series.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:05 am

gotigers1 wrote:It's for Charity, so either they made 2 for this event, or going making new ones if it does goto a series.
They most probly will make new ones as i read on Jalopnik that the Kitt mustangs were a bit beat up in places, I hope it does go to series and they mod the cars more, Ford allowing. I think the show has lots of potential if the car is done right, I actually like the Mustang it looks bad ass on move, its just the front end which needs something done I.M.O.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:14 am

Perhaps they knew these cars would only be used for the Pilot and that's why they didn't do anything for the interiors?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:45 pm

The way I see it, it's a good idea. First off, giving to charity is always cool. However if you look at it from the studio's point of view it makes sense. They auction these off and get a cool tax write off. Then they don't have to pay for storage of these items. They're keeping the "remote control" one (arguably the one they had to mess with the most) so it seems the idea is to save it in case of a series being made. They whipped the cars together pretty quickly for the movie, so I imagine putting two new ones together for a series would be an issue. Indeed, if they went to series I think they'll probably wind up building a couple more anyway for various types of stunt work (budget allowing of course).
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Perhaps they knew these cars would only be used for the Pilot and that's why they didn't do anything for the interiors?

The interior was a little boring, nothing like the amazement you got from seeing the Knight 2000 dash for the first time, i do understand totally why they didnt go for that look though, 25 years ago it looked like a space ship to me, but today its more fruit machine and wouldnt cut it with todays tech savvy generation, having said that I do like the 3000`s Iphone style voice modulator, it seemed familiar and instantly recognisable, if this pilot gets picked up im sure the budget will allow for a more futuristic dash.

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:21 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Perhaps they knew these cars would only be used for the Pilot and that's why they didn't do anything for the interiors?
Good Point!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:39 pm

If they keep the voice modulator as part of the interface how they did in the pilot they better at least move it up to be closer to eye level because it'll get annoying fast with the actors having to look down at it every five seconds..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:30 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:If they keep the voice modulator as part of the interface how they did in the pilot they better at least move it up to be closer to eye level because it'll get annoying fast with the actors having to look down at it every five seconds..
I see what you mean, its almost like they looking for the cigarette lighter, problem is unless they redo the whole dash where else can it go?, I agree about the position of the vox box cause in the Knight 2000 it was nearly eye level and appeared that man + machine had a connection, seemed more like MK was talking to an A I, rather than looking for a light.

I guess no matter what, it wont be or come near classic KR for true original fans, but change can be a good thing, If people today are as blown away as they were 25 years ago seeing a futuristic-bad ass sarcastic black car doing some crazy stunts(with some hammy acting thrown in for good measure) then the legacy starts again for a new generation.

cnjersey22
Stranger

Post by cnjersey22 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:23 am

ditto on the eye level...

wish we could recommend or "digg" some posts to get a vote count going on the forum...

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:12 am

I have been wondering if this auction is a bad sign that a series has been ruled out. I was talking about it with people at work lastnight all but one person agreed with me that it sounds like a bad sign. The one that disagreed said its for charity besides Ford will just give them more when its time for the series.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:45 am

Unless there's a huge cost issue, a new series is almost certain.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:14 pm

They'll probably just build nicer more expensive versions for the series.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:49 pm

Drake wrote:They'll probably just build nicer more expensive versions for the series.

They should do, they did in the original series, the original pilot car was rough round the edges and when it went to series it was much better.

Smoke
Volunteer

Post by Smoke » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:03 pm

weeezl wrote:Does this mean they wont be using these cars for the possible series in Fall? , it looks like they could be the actual show cars, does anybody know?

Attack K.I.T.T. auction!!!!? Tell me where and I'm there! My group (the PMC's)need some help!
Where there is fire, there's SMOKE!

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:23 pm

weeezl wrote:
Drake wrote:They'll probably just build nicer more expensive versions for the series.

They should do, they did in the original series, the original pilot car was rough round the edges and when it went to series it was much better.
I know don't get me started on that orignal Knight 2000 front bumper.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:10 pm

Smoke wrote:
weeezl wrote:Does this mean they wont be using these cars for the possible series in Fall? , it looks like they could be the actual show cars, does anybody know?

Attack K.I.T.T. auction!!!!? Tell me where and I'm there! My group (the PMC's)need some help!

the PMC's? as in the rare seats everyone wants for the replica Kitts?

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:33 pm

Drake wrote:
weeezl wrote:

I know don't get me started on that orignal Knight 2000 front bumper.
It was a bit of joke wasnt it?, it didnt have the rear light blackouts either, I havent watched it in a while, but if I remember they fixed towards the end of K O T F.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:34 pm

weeezl wrote:
Smoke wrote:

the PMC's? as in the rare seats everyone wants for the replica Kitts?
Nah, it stands for Private Military Company's like the Blackriver Corporation that Welther, Smoke, Cross and Belle worked for. Image

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:51 pm

[/quote]
Attack K.I.T.T. auction!!!!? Tell me where and I'm there! My group (the PMC's)need some help![/quote]

the PMC's? as in the rare seats everyone wants for the replica Kitts?[/quote]

Nah, it stands for Private Military Company's like the Blackriver Corporation that Welther, Smoke, Cross and Belle worked for. Image

Matt[/quote]

Oh cool, off KR2008, glad to see youve immersed yourself in the new pilot, i really enjoyed it myself, much more than i thought i would. I feel like a bit of an idiot anyways cause the seats are PMD`s, he he

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:12 pm

Yeah, I’m quiet a big fan of it. Image

Unfortunately, a lot of people seemed to watch it with twenty-five year old expectations, and were unable to enjoy it as a result of over-analyzing the differences between it and the original.

That’s not to say that it wasn’t without problems of course, it just means that I firmly believe that the problems that it does have can be easily dealt with within a series format.

For instance, one of my main gripes is with Harold Belker’s design for the attack mode variant. To block the engines primary air supply is a ridiculous move given that this variant is supposed to be superior to the regular GT500KR configuration. :lol:

Given the sale of the hero and attack cars, I’m hopeful that the producers will take the opportunity to create a slightly more customized hero model with blacked out rear lights and rims, and a performance model that’s more akin to the West Coast Custom’s Mustang so that the aerodynamic alterations look like they actually serve more of a purpose than being there to attract fans of the Fast and the Furious franchise.

Matt

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:57 pm

Matthew wrote:Yeah, I’m quiet a big fan of it. Image

Unfortunately, a lot of people seemed to watch it with twenty-five year old expectations, and were unable to enjoy it as a result of over-analyzing the differences between it and the original.

That’s not to say that it wasn’t without problems of course, it just means that I firmly believe that the problems that it does have can be easily dealt with within a series format.
My sentiments exactly, its never gonna be the original, but then again its not the eighties anymore, id love it if the new series appealed to todays generation like it did 25 years ago.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:46 pm

i do believe you mean this one http://forum.conceptcarz.com/forums/thread/48982.aspx, imagine that in black with a streamlined front end, now were talking!

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:01 pm

Aye, that's the one bud. Image

All I'd change is the grille so that it keeps the standard GT500KR appearance between the headlights, that way, the only changes would be to the ride height, body kit and spoiler. I firmly believe that in the case of the Knight Industries Three Thousand, a less is more approach would be much more beneficial to the production than a Fast and the Furious styled approach that they typically reserve for Japanese Imports.

Matt

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:21 pm

Matthew wrote:Aye, that's the one bud. Image

All I'd change is the grille so that it keeps the standard GT500KR appearance between the headlights, that way, the only changes would be to the ride height, body kit and spoiler. I firmly believe that in the case of the Knight Industries Three Thousand, a less is more approach would be much more beneficial to the production than a Fast and the Furious styled approach that they typically reserve for Japanese Imports.

Matt

Good point, it would look tacky. Kitt is supposed to be sleek and black but also needs to look like it can kick ass too!