I have a dumb question about KITT's voice

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Milkman
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I have a dumb question about KITT's voice

Post by Milkman » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:09 am

Do we know if Daniels was even approached to do the voice???? I think that would have been such a GREAT idea... Maybe they are trying to distance themselves from the original. Not sure why.....

ANYWAY, what are the thoughts here?

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Re: I have a dumb question about KITT's voice

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:44 am

I believe they said that they considered him but decided against it. And here I do kind of agree with them. It is the Knight 3000, not 2000, so it shouldn't really have the same voice.

However, I would love Daniels to come and play the Knight 2000 in some fashion or another.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

shinobi594
Recruit

Post by shinobi594 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:56 am

As much as I love Mr. Daniel's voice acting as KITT, I don't think his voice style would go well with such a robust car like the new Mustang GT500KR. IMHO Peter Cullen's voice as KARR would fare better... I wonder if VK will attempt the same voice style as Arnett's for KITT.... :|

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:09 pm

The Knight Three Thousand is a different A.I. so they wanted a different actor to voice it so that it could have it's own unique voice and personality. The producers said if it goes to series they haven't ruled out Mr Daniels making a cameo. You can find that info in the great interview Neps did with Mr Bartis.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:39 pm

His voice would have been fine, but he's like 80 something years old? Does he even want to be bothered with it anymore?? I doubt he needs the money.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:48 pm

No, but he IS known the world over as the voice to everyone's favorite supercar. He's said in the past he has no qualms with reprising KITT. But, like I said, he shouldn't play the 3000, but if the Knight 2000 ever makes some sort of appearence, I would love to hear his voice though.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:23 pm

Have you ever seen a really big guy or just a guy who looks like he's tough or even really is a tough, agressive guy? You think they must have a fitting voice right? But then what if they don't? Sounds funny doesn't it? Think about Mike Tyson, I think that's a good example. Same with Daniels being the voice of the new KITT, it would just look weird. Daniels voice fits the original KITT, but his voice being used for the new car would look/sound funny, I'm not saying the original KITT or anything was wimpy but that KITT certainly didn't have an aggressive look, perhaps more distinguished? Not to mention that it'd probably kill any "hope" of there ever being a return of the Knight Industries Two-Thousand.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

shinobi594
Recruit

Post by shinobi594 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:57 pm

I agree with everything you said. The Mike Tyson remark is classic!

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:18 am

Since the Hoff won't be in the series I don't think it would be to bad an idea to use his voice for the new kitt. He can have an agressive tone when he wants but also can be reassuring at times.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:28 am

Why is everyone talking like they don't want to offend KITT? :wink: :dash4:

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:06 pm

Crumbling Down wrote:Since the Hoff won't be in the series I don't think it would be to bad an idea to use his voice for the new kitt. He can have an agressive tone when he wants but also can be reassuring at times.
The Hoff does appear in the pilot, and if the series is a go, could make some more cameos. It'd be a little strange having him speak and then hearing the same voice coming from KITT.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"