New KR theme music

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightturbo
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: New KR theme music

Post by knightturbo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:10 am

Better yet how about links to all the various mixes. I've got the Timbaland vocal and non vocal as well as the crystal method techno remix but I know there are others. Also have not heard of the Toni Nummela Remix. :dash:

McTrooper
Volunteer

Post by McTrooper » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:10 pm

I googled that mix and came up with this:

http://www.toninummela.com/audio/Knight ... remix).mp3

It has words in it so I doubt it could be used exactly as is.

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm

McTrooper wrote:I googled that mix and came up with this:

http://www.toninummela.com/audio/Knight ... remix).mp3

It has words in it so I doubt it could be used exactly as is.
I can't get the link to work. :(

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:34 pm

Me Either

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:17 pm

Right click and choose "copy link location" and paste it in your address bar then add ).mp3 at the end of it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:53 am

I heard the original theme notes in the valet teaser so I'm thinking they will be along the lines of what we'll hear in the telefilm.

KryptonSite
Volunteer

Post by KryptonSite » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:28 pm

I like the variation of the theme music that we've seen in the promos... although with the pilot being a TV-movie I wonder if we'll get opening credits at all... they might want to wait on the car's "reveal" later in the show... much like the original series didn't have the narration for the pilot.

If they go to series, however, I do hope they do something similar to the original series.

Unfortunately, unless there's a plot device we just don't know, I don't think Mike Traceur is a "man who does not exist"... so the old narration would have to go. I liked the poster's idea about getting the Hoff to do it.

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:05 pm

I don't think we'll hear the theme until the end of the movie. Like in the '82 pilot. And I'm cool with that! :D

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:49 pm

According to the comingsoon interview, we will be getting a variation of the classic theme:

CS: I understand that the voice is going to be different.
Bartis: Again, it's a balancing act. We want to give people elements that they are going to be familiar with, but, then bring something new to it. That's really what we did. You're going to recognize the theme, but it is completely re-recorded and re-instrumentalized. What you love about it is still there.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:25 pm

Well, we have heard bits and pieces of the new theme in the previews, assuming they will use that style. In staying true to the original, we should get an opening theme as the credits roll and in the end maybe a voice over by the Hoff?
That would be ideal, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I can't to have to new official theme to add to my growing Knight Rider music collection! Maybe somebody on here that records the pilot can rip it off the video and put it on the forum for download. It would be nice to get an official soundtrack from NBC too! 8)
:kitt: :karr:

R_ACE1
Stranger

Post by R_ACE1 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:55 pm

Knight316 wrote:Me Either
Try this http://www.toninummela.com/audio/

Once there click on Knight Rider. It's in quicktime format so it takes a while to download but it sounds pretty good, especially if you have 3D on your speakers.
Be polite, be friendly, be ready to kill.

McTrooper
Volunteer

Post by McTrooper » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:50 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:To me, there was nothing cheesier than a cover of a well-known song. They were obviously re-dos, and seemed like a cheap attempt to be hip. They don't do that now days (thank goodness) but even today I think a well-written score adds much more to a show than an ill-placed song does--just look at a show like Grey's Anatomy. I find the song placement in that show loud, obnoxious, and distracting.
I honestly don't notice that most of the songs were covers. They replicated the sound pretty good.
I wonder how they found quality cover bands to record for the show?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:10 pm

They did it to cut cost and I'm glad they did because if they hadn't we would have probably had the same mess as what other shows from the season box sets and such have gone through with Universal going cheap and replacing the original music. Quantum Leap being a prime example of that and probably why the Wonder Years will never be officially released, at least in the North America.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:47 pm

I'm really hoping the theme music heard in the latest 30 second spot (posted as news 2/9/08) is the theme music. It has some synth just like the classic with some hard guitar for the main theme. It sounds great and I can imagine that music over a cool chase scene! :)
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:53 am

goldbug wrote:I'm really hoping the theme music heard in the latest 30 second spot (posted as news 2/9/08) is the theme music. It has some synth just like the classic with some hard guitar for the main theme. It sounds great and I can imagine that music over a cool chase scene! :)
Yes, that's pretty close to it, although it's severely edited for time in the commercial. Interestingly, the closest rendition on the full new theme that I've heard is in the Jay's Garage piece. Unfortunately, they duck it under the dialogue so much it's hard to hear. There is a great new guitar section, and the thing really cooks.

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:17 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:
goldbug wrote:I'm really hoping the theme music heard in the latest 30 second spot (posted as news 2/9/08) is the theme music. It has some synth just like the classic with some hard guitar for the main theme. It sounds great and I can imagine that music over a cool chase scene! :)
Yes, that's pretty close to it, although it's severely edited for time in the commercial. Interestingly, the closest rendition on the full new theme that I've heard is in the Jay's Garage piece. Unfortunately, they duck it under the dialogue so much it's hard to hear. There is a great new guitar section, and the thing really cooks.
Woohoo, that sounds cool. Thanks, shapeshifter. While we are talking about the theme music, can you tell us anything about the intro? Are we in for another ride through the desert?

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:06 pm

Duster wrote:
Shapeshifter wrote:
Woohoo, that sounds cool. Thanks, shapeshifter. While we are talking about the theme music, can you tell us anything about the intro? Are we in for another ride through the desert?
To be honest, I don't know, but I kind of doubt it. Most of the producer's decisions thus far have not been swayed by the notion of paying homage to the original series, but by wanting to do something new. I would think that would hold true for the title sequence, as well.

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:15 pm

Okay. I guess we will find out pretty soon :)

Thanks!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:41 pm

From the little bits I've heard in promos, I would compare the music to what is featured in the KR Playstation/PC game.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MugsyGuer
Volunteer

Post by MugsyGuer » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:29 am

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting! I grew up loving the show. When I was young I always said I would own a car like Kitt. In 2000 I bought a black 1998 Chevy Camaro Z28 with T-Tops, chrome rims the works. I know KITT was a Firebird, but the Camaro was its cousin, and I couldn't pass it up when I saw it. I still have the car today and its in mint conditon...

Anyway I wanted to comment on what the new theme should be. I can't get it to post here but do a search for Happy Hardcore Knight Rider Techno Theme. If I had to pick a new theme this would be it. Same theme basically, but updated for today..

You should be able to find it on where ever you download music from. Just type in Knight Rider look for Happy Hardcore.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:50 am

MugsyGuer wrote:Hello everyone! This is my first time posting! I grew up loving the show. When I was young I always said I would own a car like Kitt. In 2000 I bought a black 1998 Chevy Camaro Z28 with T-Tops, chrome rims the works. I know KITT was a Firebird, but the Camaro was its cousin, and I couldn't pass it up when I saw it. I still have the car today and its in mint conditon...

Anyway I wanted to comment on what the new theme should be. I can't get it to post here but do a search for Happy Hardcore Knight Rider Techno Theme. If I had to pick a new theme this would be it. Same theme basically, but updated for today..

You should be able to find it on where ever you download music from. Just type in Knight Rider look for Happy Hardcore.
The theme you're referring to is actually not by Happy Hardcore, but can be found on various European import CDs by "TV Junkeez."

http://www.amazon.com/Knight-Rider/dp/B ... 680&sr=8-1
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

hectorson3
Volunteer

Post by hectorson3 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:47 pm

I heard the a little bit of the theme on the radio it sounds good.

KRHD
Volunteer

Post by KRHD » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:44 am

I would've like to have heard this as the KR Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV-T4Z57S8o

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:38 am

Kudos to the producers for choosing to go with a rock-inspired version of the theme. It was perfect for the show; it had enough elements of the original theme with just the right amount of new melody added to it. Not saying I didn't like the hip-hop samples of the past by artists like Jay-Z, Timbaland & Magoo, Busta Rhymes, Wyclef Jean, etc., but there were just so many hip-hop versions of the theme that it would have been redundant if they went that route yet again. The guitar riffs sounded awesome and really took the tone of the theme from being high-tech and mysterious for the '80s, to more aggressive, loose and fun in the 21st century, where audiences become increasingly more difficult to impress.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:06 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Kudos to the producers for choosing to go with a rock-inspired version of the theme. It was perfect for the show; it had enough elements of the original theme with just the right amount of new melody added to it. Not saying I didn't like the hip-hop samples of the past by artists like Jay-Z, Timbaland & Magoo, Busta Rhymes, Wyclef Jean, etc., but there were just so many hip-hop versions of the theme that it would have been redundant if they went that route yet again. The guitar riffs sounded awesome and really took the tone of the theme from being high-tech and mysterious for the '80s, to more aggressive, loose and fun in the 21st century, where audiences become increasingly more difficult to impress.
Agreed. ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!! 8)