Hasselhoff as Michael Knight

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hasselhoff as Michael Knight

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:06 pm

I really believe that when the new Knight Rider 2-hour pilot returns that MK will be represented by non other than David Hasselhoff. I hear that he will be in as a guest star, cameo, the true Michael Knight, etc. Why am I seeing all there different stories, I believe that he will return but for a small part I assume, towards the last third of the script as stated by Aintitcoolnews.com. Now why is this site he will be in as a cameo? I hope not, I want the true MK and original KITT to be shown and returned properly, not a stupid cameo. I hear from Justin Bruening's interview how he was working with DH as MK and it seems as he isn't a cameo, just want things cleared up, hopefully Shapeshifter can acknowledge this since he has been nothing but helpful and fulfilling us with the great return of Knight Rider!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 490933.ece

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Re: Hasselhoff as Michael Knight

Post by Shapeshifter » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:16 pm

I don't know how long the Hoff's scene is; I know he spent one day on the set.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:36 pm

does anybody know if hasselhoff will have a continued role as michael knight in the series?, and if so will he be a devon miles type of boss character if the show makes it to series?
in glen larson we trust.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:48 am

I wouldn't expect too much, too soon.

I'm thinking Michael Knight will appear in a couple of scenes to pass the baton to Mike Tracer,tell him that "One Man Can Make a Difference", then drive off into the sunset. I think it's highly unlikely he'll stay onboard as a regular/co-star.

I would expect the producers to wait until the new show is able to stand on its own feet before reintroducing parts of the original mythology, much like the producers of TKR planned -- and that wouldn't be until the end of the first season, at least. We need to remember that this show is about Michael Tracer, not Michael Knight.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:40 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:I wouldn't expect too much, too soon.

I'm thinking Michael Knight will appear in a couple of scenes to pass the baton to Mike Tracer,tell him that "One Man Can Make a Difference", then drive off into the sunset. I think it's highly unlikely he'll stay onboard as a regular/co-star.

I would expect the producers to wait until the new show is able to stand on its own feet before reintroducing parts of the original mythology, much like the producers of TKR planned -- and that wouldn't be until the end of the first season, at least. We need to remember that this show is about Michael Tracer, not Michael Knight.
Although stated briefly by many and in the script review by AICN.com, it is a CONTINUANCE. So therefore it must grab some of the original aspects in order to be that. Hopefully MK will be the new Devon.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:59 pm

I hope it does grab some of the original aspects, but remember, Knight Rider 2000 and TKR were CONTINUANCES too, and TKR proved that the Knight Rider mythology can continue in the modern day without Michael or K.I.T.T. I would expect that will be the case again: 21st Century Knight Rider is about Mike Tracer and the Knight Industries Three Thousand.

I'd love for Michael Knight to star in this series as much as everybody else, but I don't think it's realistic. The star is Justin Bruening... he can't be bailed out week-after-week by Hasselhoff. So, as I said before, I expect Knight to show up, pass the baton, and disappear. Two things: 1) At least he's a part of this spin-off, and 2) It sounds like the door is open for him to return, perhaps with the Trans Am. How cool is that?
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:15 pm

Didnt Justin said in some interview that at first, his character Mike Traceur or Tracer (What is the official spelling btw?) doesn't know Michael Knight is his father so it sounds to me it's not just a short appearance of Michael Knight in this pilot, I think Michael Knight would very much like to get to know his son. If it becomes a tv-series I think David will guest star more often than just at the end of the 1st season, and hopefully with the '82 Trans-Am :wink: :kitt2:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:22 pm

I think Star Trek did it right.

In the pilot of The Next Generation, Dr. McCoy made a brief appearance to pass the torch. Once the new characters were established, Spock and Scotty had entire episodes dedicated to them, which were all the more special because we hadn't seen the characters in so long.

I would like to see Hasselhoff as Michael Knight in a small part in the pilot, then maybe come back in the second-season opener (being overly optimistic here!) as Garthe. I think that would be fun.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:25 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:I think Star Trek did it right.

In the pilot of The Next Generation, Dr. McCoy made a brief appearance to pass the torch. Once the new characters were established, Spock and Scotty had entire episodes dedicated to them, which were all the more special because we hadn't seen the characters in so long.

I would like to see Hasselhoff as Michael Knight in a small part in the pilot, then maybe come back in the second-season opener (being overly optimistic here!) as Garthe. I think that would be fun.
Very good point! And Star Trek:The Next Generation was a successful series! I think you're getting my hopes up too much, though! :wink:
One man did make a difference.