odd tank in sky knight

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

octopus7
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

odd tank in sky knight

Post by octopus7 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:12 pm

I was watching the season 4 episode "sky knight" last night and noticed something that i found just a bit strange!. When Michael and KITT first go to the Deep Sleep bunker complex, KITT tells Micheal that they have some armoured company. The camera then shows an obvious remote control model tank which just happens to be a world war 2 vintage German Panther tank! I build ww2 armour model kits as a hobby so it suprised me that they chose a ww2 tank to use, especially seeing that only a few real Panther tanks remain and those are not in running condition. The model in the show even had the standard ww2 german camo pattern! Makes you wonder why they didn't use a Sherman or Chaffee tank as they could have used a full size one instead of a model.. But i guess this is the stuff that makes Knight rider so unique to us all.
A panther tank with a camo pattern similar to the one in "sky knight"
This tank is missing the huge eyelets on the front glacis plate that were used for towing / recovery of knocked out tanks.

A pic of a real Panther in Holland.
Check out my 3D artwork
http://octopus7.deviantart.com/

James_kr
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by James_kr » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:44 am

lol, i hardly noticed it was a model tank when I watched.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"