Disappointing Bits of Knight Rider.

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

nice plate
Recruit

Disappointing Bits of Knight Rider.

Post by nice plate » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:34 pm

Hi,
I don't know if this question has been asked before but.... here goes.....

I know that we all love Knight Rider but what are your worst bits? Some of the bits that disappoint you? For me it is the use of models mainly in season 2 but also season 3, in Goliath or Goliath Returns where KITT smashes out of the shed because goliath is parked in the way, when he does a 180 degree turn and accelerates off that is quite bad. I know the show probably did not have a very large budget but I just think they could have made some jumps/stunts/ scenes a little more realistic/better, it almost makes you believe in KITT more.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:38 pm

I forgive a lot of the cheap effects simply because we know they were just being practical with the budget. I'm less forgiving about some of the writing- Voo Doo Knight of course, and some of the cornier moments like KITT flashing his headlights at April's niece in Race For Life.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Andela
Recruit

Post by Andela » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:25 pm

Hey, whats wrong with KITT flashing his headlights? I like that part, it´s cute. The most dissapointing moments is when they speed up the film when KITT is driving in SPM. They shoudnt have done that, looks silly.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:50 pm

I like SPM, but I don't lik RC3. He kinda took the role of Kitt, reducing him to a mere vehicle...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:36 am

The only good thing about speeding up the footage while K.I.T.T. was in Super Pursuit Mode is that you can't see the scanner well. In all other sped up footage, the scanner speed is thrown way off and looks too fast. I actually found the sped up footage more believable when K.I.T.T. used SPM. Those close-up angles while the car was speeding off also helped the illusion, I thought.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

nice plate
Recruit

Post by nice plate » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:49 am

Has anyone got any screenshots/pics of some of these miniature stunts?

pezze87
Rookie

Post by pezze87 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:38 am

For pics of this stunts which were made with miniature models look at http://www.sprittwoch.de/fehler/knightrider/ and there you only must choose the episode, for example there a pics of miniatures in 2.18-Goliath Returns Part 1 and in 2.10-Ring of Fire... The page is in german, I am sorry about that..

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:25 pm

pezze87 wrote:For pics of this stunts which were made with miniature models look at http://www.sprittwoch.de/fehler/knightrider/ and there you only must choose the episode, for example there a pics of miniatures in 2.18-Goliath Returns Part 1 and in 2.10-Ring of Fire... The page is in german, I am sorry about that..
Alkoholgetrieben, ne? LOLZ!

micheal knights son
Volunteer

Post by micheal knights son » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:58 pm

Using the models was dissapointing but i can understand why. The one that has always annoyed me though is the episode Trust doesn't Rust, should've been brilliant but all the re-used footage in it spoilt the whole episode for me. It's the same in a nice indecent little town when kitt breaks michael out of prison. :cry: :x

Budgetery restrictions, they make me so mad!!!
Michael : alright gimme all the turbo boost you've got.

Kitt : michael we may not clear.

Michael : No choice Pal, HIT IT!!!!!

pbryant_knight
Operative

Post by pbryant_knight » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:08 pm

The most dissapointing for me is SPM in general. i hated it!!! it made KITT look so crap, like a badly built lego model.

I agree with the coment about RC3 too. don't really think there was any need for a new main character at that point.

Peter
One Man Can Make A Replica

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:44 pm

Season 2 seamed to be the most budget cut season of all so many models and KITT's dash looked a bit worn compared to season 1.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:22 pm

I used to spend every Friday for a year printing as much info as I can about the series and behind the scene stuff.I feel like I ruined the feeling of having kitt be real instead of have 12 or 16 different models for all those cool effects to be in 1 and still stay shiney.I never saw the stuff we look for now in the series as a kid like a whole steering wheel or when you see kitt drive himself,nowadays your looking very close to see the hand driving see through seat and the 2 arms driving the car,a huge lump behind the seat ect.I used to love the show more back when I was a kid.I watched every episode so many times that I can't bare to watch it anymore.I want that movie to be finished already.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:28 pm

To be honest, I really can't think of any bad elements about the show except for bad episodes.

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:05 am

the obvious ripoff of footage from "the car" for TDR as well as the reused footage from "Slammin sammy's stunt show spectacular" where "karr" goes through a bank supposedly, but he has those silver stars on him.

nice plate
Recruit

Post by nice plate » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:56 pm

I have a question: In I think it is 'Knight in Shining Armor' when KITT jumps off the top of the car park and smashes into the tower block, this is real background isn't it? Is it just the tower block and KITT that are miniatures.
Also thanks for that site pezze87.

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:51 am

Using the models were disappointing... even little kids that watch the show could tell that they were models.... and the SPM was disappointing too.... Wilton Knight said that Kitt was already the fastest car in the world. So what was the point to have Kitt outfitted with SPM in the first place? What were they trying to do, have Kitt use warp speed?
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.