Hasselhoff, what are you up to? Two times in a row... ?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hasselhoff, what are you up to? Two times in a row... ?

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:21 am

I was reading through the newspaper today, when I came across this:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/stor ... 49,00.html

Unfortunately, it's in Swedish, so I guess the link won't be useful to you?
I'll try to translate it:

"The former Baywatch-star David Hasselhoff, 54, has done it again. When he early this the morning arrived to the Heathrowairport (London), he was so drunk that the staff had to put him in a cart, primarly designed for old people, and follow him to the airplane were he later took off. He wasn't aggressive, but he couldn't stand on his legs, according to an eyewithness who was reporting the scenario to "The Sun"."

This is not the first time we get to read about his alcohol abuse. I'm worried about him, why is he doing this to himself... ?
Last edited by Knight-Armen on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:57 am

Isn't "The Sun" one of those rumor papers like Enquirer or whatever? If so, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. I don't usually believe anything unless it's in the mainstream news media and even then I know even they can be in error at times.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:37 am

Well, perhaps... I wouldn't know. I hope that it's just a rumor.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:18 pm

I saw something like that on E! this morning, so allegedly means it probably never happened.
Why is it that people and the tabloids have to assume the worst about DH whenever he's in London these days?
Is the media out to get him for his alcohol addiction or something? If so, what a cruel joke!

pbryant_knight
Operative

Post by pbryant_knight » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:31 pm

No, it's not a rumour :(

The Sun is a kind of trashy tabloid but usually the reports are well founded and researched. Visit the suns website to read the full story :(

Peter
One Man Can Make A Replica

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:53 pm

Hopefully this will clear things up since it comes from a much more reliable source (CNN):
Publicist: Hasselhoff was sick, not drunk

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:22 pm

And this one:

http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/27/drunk-has ... it-to-fly/

They go on saying he's drunk but quote his publicist saying he was ill. There's a video on the page of him on the airport cart. He doesn't look drunk to me. He looked to me like he was ill more than drunk, in the video.

I don't envy celebrities jobs. I like keeping my business to myself without the world watching and jumping to conclusions.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:34 pm

I'm glad CNN somehow reported the truth of the matter, if no one else did.
Also, I'm glad DH's divorce, as uninteresting as it's been, has been finalized at last.
Even so, I've got frayed nerves from all that crap pertaining to that being all to public.
I think he's feeling better now...

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:43 pm

It could be me, but in my eyes he does not seem drunk in that video. He indeed seems a bit dizzy and unwell rather than drunk... I know that antibiotics can do that... if he really was sick he should sue the Sun for posting this crap!!

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:23 pm

Statement from David's publicist Judy Katz:
Due to new medications prescribed by his doctor in London on Tuesday,
for an infection in his injured hand, Mr. Hasselhoff became ill at
Heathrow Airport yesterday and requested to be put on a later flight to Los Angeles.
He left London on a l2:00 noon BA flight, according to his publicist, Judy Katz and he
will be appearing on "America's Got Talent" "live" later today

pbryant_knight
Operative

Post by pbryant_knight » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:29 pm

As much as i hate to admit it, and believe me, i'd rather believe CNN, but twice in as many weeks and twice denied.
Sounds to me like afterthought damage control. 2 versions, the real version and the unreal version. therefore cutting the possibility that it actually happened in two:(

Peter
One Man Can Make A Replica

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:15 pm

I think it's matter that once one is branded as something (ie. drunk, etc.) it is very hard to next to impossible for people to think otherwise after that, even if a person rehabs and is doing well. Any mishap after that is scrutinized and people jump to conclusions. I think some are just looking for it to be real. But I don't think he's drunk. Not in the video that was shown.

And between CNN and a trash mag, I'd put more belief in what CNN says.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:57 pm

I actually heard a thrid version of the story on the radio this morning. They said that DH got onto the airplane, was being loud and picked up a flight attended. Finally the pilot said him that he thought he was too intoxicated to fly, DH agreed and left the plane to sober up a bit in order to catch a later flight. I doubt we'll ever know the real story, but I'm amazed as to how something can get to warped. :?
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:08 pm

All I can say is: I guess this is why DH hates being everyone's punching bag. :( :twisted: :roll:
I hope there's better news of him soon instead of this London jinx stuff that's blown out of proportion in the press here and in London.

ilana
Rookie

Post by ilana » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:04 am

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/video ... 00,00.html

After watching the video I can say that David did not seem to me drunken at all. It looked like he explained something about his arm (not about his devorce) to the man sitting near him. Besides, it's quite possible that it was difficult for him to walk because of feeling sick. Maybe he had fever, or dizziness.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:28 am

Yep you are right, i think if david was really drunken then he look like really drunken. Visit the Site of our offical Fanclub:

http://www.hasselhoff.info

Here you become the best and latest news about David, not the *?$# news like they did with david.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:30 am

Right!

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative

EXTRA!

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:26 pm

David talked to EXTRA! today about this and set the record straight. Check it out here: http://extratv.warnerbros.com/v2/news/0 ... /text.html

I knew all along that this "drunk" story was a load of crap, so that's why I chose to keep it off my site. I've been getting a lot of emails about it, but chose not to talk about it as news for David's sake. I also chose not to discuss the Divorce news out of respect for David because I know it's been hard for him. At the end of EXTRA! they also played David's music video 'Jump In My Car' which was great! I'm so happy to see that David feeling much better now. :D

Nat

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative

TMZ

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:57 pm

I just discovered that TMZ also has a video of David...check it out here:
http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/28/the-hoff- ... -but-okay/

It's good to see things are getting better for David. :D

Nat

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:39 am

I saw DH's interview on "Extra", and it was a good one, plus it was great that the show played his fun video, "Jump in My Car", too. I loved that!
Hi, Nat, I'm glad things are going better for DH myself.
Also, I'm glad DH could watch his ex-wife's interview on "Extra" when I myself could not, in order to keep my sanity; that sure took a lot of guts.
I admire DH for that..... :) :shock: 8) :kittspin:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:12 pm

unlike nat, i like to post the true stories on my website to dispel any doubt or any assumptions that the other stories of him being 'drunk' are the true ones. just because you know, doesn't mean the general public knows.

as we saw earlier in this thread, that someone saw a story about david allegedly being drunk and we had to correct them by telling them what actually happened.

i'll put the true side of this story on my website as soon as i get internet back at my house.

KITT :roll:

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:48 am

So I don't want to post up EVERY little story we find online. So much of it is Tabloid garbage and you don't know what's real and what isn't until you really hear it straight from David himself...of course by that statement I don't mean that we should have thought he was drunk until we heard otherwise; as his fans we know he couldn't have been drunk. I just mean that since there had to be some explanation of the details behind the story, we should just wait for something we know is the straight story before trying to post it as "Serious News". That's all I mean. I posted the The EXTRA clip on my site because that was David himself talking about what had happened. I think THAT in itself is enough to correct it. Why harp on every story that is on the net? We all see everything that's around the net anyway...to keep posting every little story here and there on our sites is just keeping the junk going I think. Just my opinion guys.

David is always being talked about in the tabloids and in my opinion it's up to us to help him, not to hurt him by drawing attention to every little rumor. When there are REAL stories to prove the rumors wrong, then that's when I want to post it as serious news. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions of course...Everyone has a right to run their websites the way they want to. I don't appreciate the slam against me just because that's how I want to run my site. In all honesty, I really felt bad for David after all he has gone through this last week, so I just felt that he needed some privacy. I knew that when he was ready to discuss things, he would; at THAT point I felt more comfortable posting about it as serious news. That's all I care to say on this.

Anyway the main thing is that David is fine. He looks great and I'm glad to see him feeling much better. :D
Nat

NightRideR
Stranger

Post by NightRideR » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:27 pm

Just hold on until the knight rider movie!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:38 pm

I'm not necessarily sure you were intentionally "slammed" Nat, although I certainly understand your feelings about it. I would ask that if people want to discuss the policies and practices of other websites, that they do so on those respective sites or through email with the webmasters. Thanks.

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:19 am

Sorry I got so carried away there. I was just upset at how this David story had escalated and was just sharing my thoughts on it...I guess I did sorta write an essay there didn't I? LOL That's just the webmaster in me I guess. :lol:

Anyway, I'm just glad David is ok and doing much better now. Time to put this story to bed. :wink:
Nat