2 TV dash car in Season 4

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

2 TV dash car in Season 4

Post by HungarianKnight » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:07 pm

I just spotted a Kitt with the original dashboard in Season 4. The episode is Knight Racer. In the scene when Michael orders kitt to a restaurant, Kitt is driving away after having a chat with a technican. As Kitt turns to the road, we can see the outlines of the two small TV screens.

I think that the Auto Crusie Kitt never got the new dashboard. They were probably using the same car since Season One. But who cares, I'm just a naughty nitpicker... :)

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:55 pm

Wait.....you're saying that there's a mistake in Knight Rider continuity? :shock:

:lol:

Always a good find

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:40 pm

Thanks to the Season 4 DVDs, I've managed to spot the 2 TV dash in almost every episode of season 4. Season 3 wasn't as bad as season 4 in terms of showing the 2 TV dash. Here's some more:

Sky Knight:

Scent of Roses:

Out of the Woods:

Deadly Knightshade:

Redemption of a Champion:

Knight Flight to Freedom:

Voo Doo Knight (notice the hand also):

Joe

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:43 pm

Just got to love them Nitpicks. Thanks from sharing the pics Joe. =D
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:33 pm

Ha. I love the hand in the last photo. In the scent of roses, is that even a PMD seat? Maybe I am seeing the PMD with the stunt man cover on it. I think you can see the camera in the reflection of the window also.

Oh yeah, have any of you noticed the old "soild red" voice box in some episodes where KITT is supposed to have the "bars" voice box? I remember seeing it in one of the episodes, if you look real close when Michael gets out of him you can see the old soild one like he had in the first few shows. I believe I saw it in season 2 somewhere.

Altimus Prime
Recruit

Post by Altimus Prime » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:36 am

In some ep from Season 4 I was slo-moing a scene where KITT goes by and you can clearly see the camera crew reflected on the side of the car.

There was another ep where I guess they had that covering on the car - used for special effects? - and when the bad guy slammed into KITT, you could see it bend on the hood.

When I was a kid, stuff like that drove me nuts because, you know, I wanted to believe KITT was real!

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:13 am

Altimus Prime:

You mean this? :)

Joe

P.S. Altimus - I live about 45 min north of you!

Altimus Prime
Recruit

Post by Altimus Prime » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:27 am

^ Bingo! That's the shot. Stuff like that drove me nuts as a kid because, you know, KITT had that molecularly bonded shell and was indestructible. :wink:

Keon2005
Rookie

Post by Keon2005 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:47 pm

In my opinion, I think the producers decided to use the 2-TV Dash for AUTO CRUISE seens in season four was becasue they wanted to give realism of KITT driving by itself. The producers figured that people during the show's original airing still had the two-tv dash in their minds, so i guess they figured people are not going to notice the difference (at least not back then). They also figured as long people can see a car that has a monitor in the dash driving itself, it would suffice. You also have to remember that was the two tv dash car from season 2, the season 1 car had the larger double monitors, the season 2 car had the hexagonal shaped monitors.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:30 pm

Eh, I think they just simply used the former Season 1/2 car for stunts because they no longer had a use for it as the Hero Car. The stunts were meant to be done quickly and we as viewers were never supposed to notice that they used the old car for the hard driving stunts. Perhaps they used that particular car instead of a regular Trans Am so that they wouldn't have to keep changing stock steering wheels for the gullwing one?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:41 am

i hated it in season 3's "knight of the drones" because you could see the 1 tv dash before he actually had it installed and it was so clear to see.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"